Lose-Lose Situation

Adonis and Aphrodite

By nightfall, Chanyeol and Luhan have already changed out of their ridiculous getups. “Dress nice,” one of Sae Rin’s friends constructs before Wu Fan drops them off at Sae Rin’s house to get ready themselves.

“Why are we going on dates with those weird girls, Wu Fan? Don’t you already have Chanyeol?” Luhan nags after all the boys are dressed up in stiff button up shirts and prim slacks.

“I’ll explain later,” Wu Fan sighs as he drives them to pick up Sae Rin and their dates for the evening.

There is anguish written all over Wu Fan’s face and Chanyeol grabs Wu Fan’s hand placed on the stick shift.  He flashes a reassuring smile and Wu Fan smiles back fondly, intertwining their fingers in the process. “EW, Just pay attention to the road please!” Luhan whines, causing the both of them to laugh aloud.

 

After picking up the girls, they direct them to a downtown night club. “That explains why their outfits are so ,” Luhan whispers when they get to the front entrance.

 Everyone is underage, but it seems that one of Sae Rin’s friends knew the bouncer when she waltz herself in with just a nod. “ID, please!” the huge bouncer yells as he stops Luhan before entering.

“No, no. He’s with me,” the girl snorts.

“That kid?!” he laughs mockingly.

“WHO ARE YOU CALLING A KID, YOU SON OF A-?!” Wu Fan grabs him by the mouth, muffling his incoherencies as he drags an unwilling Luhan inside.

 

The place is jam-packed. Not only is it crowded, but also dark and uncomfortably hot. So by the time they make it to their reserved table, Wu Fan strips his coat off before he takes Chanyeol’s off for him.  “You two seem close,” a girl snickers as she watches in amusement.

“T-they are. They’re childhood friends,” Sae Rin spews.

Luhan is quite the light weight as his date drags him onto the dance floor before he can even order himself a drink. Sae Rin sees her friend go and is eager to dance as well. She pulls onto Wu Fan’s arm and whispers close to his ear. “Let’s dance, Wu Fan.”

Wu Fan feels a migraine coming on as the music is blasting unnecessarily loud, pounding into his eardrums without mercy. “You go. I’m getting a headache.”

“Awe, come on, dance with your girlfriend!” her other friend giggles and Sae Rin sneaks a glare at Wu Fan when her friend turns away.

“Don’t forget about that picture, Wu Fan,” she threatens.

Wu Fan looks over at Chanyeol seated down. He looks fearful, but Wu Fan shows him that everything is alright with a reassuring smile. He takes a deep breath before following Sae Rin to the dance floor with endless repulsion.

At their table, only Chanyeol and Sae Rin’s friend sits. She scoots closer, closing her legs and popping out her chest. “You know, you’re really cute. I never would have known from the dress you were wearing earlier,” she chuckles, touching Chanyeol’s thigh in the most uncomfortable way.

“T-thanks,” Chanyeol mumbles.

“And I thought Sae Rin’s boyfriend was hot,” she laughs again and Chanyeol jerks his head up and smiles.

“He is, isn’t he?” he exclaims enthusiastically.

She only raises an eyebrow. “What?”

 

It is not even another minute before Luhan comes running back, stomping on his feet childishly. Chanyeol stands up and calms him. “What’s wrong, Luhan?”

“I hate it here! I hate clubs!”

His date comes back looking just as mad and Chanyeol’s date questions her as well. “What’s wrong?”

“We were dancing only for only two minutes and Luhan already got hit on by three girls…and two guys!”

“One asked if he can buy me a drink and another tried to touch my ! Even if it is dark in here, come on! I’m a dude!”

Chanyeol pats his back in sympathy and he guides them to their table. “Actually, I would like a drink,” Chanyeol’s date winks and Chanyeol couldn’t reject her request when he buys her one. And another. And another. And she continues to binge drink for far too long that Luhan’s date whisks Luhan back onto the dance floor for another attempt to bump and grind.

It is apparent that she had weak alcohol tolerance when she starts to sway, rubbing her body close to Chanyeol’s and touching him inappropriately. “Please stop,” Chanyeol states, but she is persistent.

“You’re so cute, Chanyeol. Kiss me, okay?” she leans in, but Chanyeol tries not to make a scene. He calmly pushes her away by the shoulders and clears his throat. “You had too much to drink. I think we should go home.”

“N-no! The party’s just beginning!” she slurs, pulling Chanyeol in by the collar in attempts to kiss him. As she leans in, she becomes daring and attempts to pull down Chanyeol’s pants zipper. Chanyeol is far stronger than her so that she does not succeed. But in the corner of his eye, Wu Fan sees the appalling sight and rushes toward them, leaving Sae Rin alone on the dance floor.

Wu Fan breaks her grip, separating her from Chanyeol. “That’s enough!” he yells before grabbing Chanyeol by the waist.

“What are you doing?” Sae Rin exclaims when she makes it back.

“Your boyfriend is a major block,” her drunken friend rolls her eyes before collapsing onto the velvet seat beneath her.

“I saw her ually harassing Chanyeol.”

“She’s no harm to him. Can you stop overreacting and try to have fun?”

 

Chanyeol comes up behind him and pulls on hem of his shirt. “I’m alright, Wu Fan, see?” Chanyeol assures, flashing his usual, infectious smile. His smile is visibly bright and beautiful, even inside the poorly lighted room. Wu Fan smiles back and ruffles his hair. Chanyeol flushes with embarrassment and bats Wu Fan’s hand away. “I can protect myself you know. I am a man. She cannot hurt me!” Chanyeol rebukes.

“Yeah, you looked so manly in that dress earlier,” Wu Fan sarcastically teases.

Chanyeol sticks out his tongue and Wu Fan leans in so close in attempts to tickle and or kiss him. They are both in their own, incomprehensible world and Sae Rin is completely abandoned on the sidelines. She feels uncomfortable watching their flirtatious acts and rushes in to break them apart. “Stop that you two!”

She pushes Chanyeol a little too harshly and he fumbles over. He knocks over a few drinks on the table in the process and they shatter onto the ground with a loud clash. “HEY, WATCH THE MERCHANDISE,” Wu Fan yells before helping Chanyeol up.

The bouncer hears the ruckus and rushes over towards them. “What seems to be the problem here?” he asks.

Sae Rin points over to Chanyeol and screams “That guy other there is making a scene! He tried to have his way with my unconscious friend earlier and now he knocked over all the drinks out of anger!”

The bouncer believes her sob story and calls out to him. “You,” he beckons, “you’re out of here.”

“Awesome. I’m coming with,” Wu Fan sighs out of relief as he follows the bouncer and Chanyeol.

“No! You’re staying, Wu Fan!” Sae Rin clings onto him as the bouncer drags Chanyeol’s dizzy body through the crowds.

The - no. No more, I’m leaving.”

“Chanyeol wasn’t even supposed to be here in the first place! Let him go. Do you not remember our deal? If you disobey me, Chanyeol is going to get hurt.”

“He already got hurt, thanks to you, now let me go!” Sae Rin clings on harder and Wu Fan pulls his arms out of her grip mercilessly. He rubs at his aching temples before proceeding. “You never told me what you wanted from me. What is the point…of all this.”

“You’re pretending to be my boyfriend!” she responds immediately.

“AND THEN WHAT? I already have Chanyeol.”

“Right now, you’re with me. Not Chanyeol. So ing act like it!”

 

Wu Fan doesn’t get angry. He only laughs, nodding his head in amusement for a good, full minute. “I’m so stupid. Chanyeol is right, I really am stupid….” He repeats silently to himself. He walks over to the dance floor and summons Luhan, who is sandwiched between two busty girls and is looking quite miserable. “Luhan, we’re going.”

“WHAT A RELEIF!”

 

They both go over to their tables to grab their coats. They are midway through the door when Sae Rin runs after them desperately. “Wu Fan, don’t go! Did you forget that you are not in the position to deny me?!” she yells when she catches up to them.

Wu Fan turns around slowly and twitches up an eyebrow. “You want me to pretend to be your boyfriend, right?”

“Yes!” she angrily pitches.

“...For how long?”

 “…Until…until…”

 

Wu Fan draws in a little closer and winces. “Until I become your real boyfriend? There’s the flaw in that, Sae Rin. If I become your boyfriend, I would have to throw away Chanyeol. And there is no way in hell that I would do that. I don’t even know why I agreed this far because this is a lose-lose situation for me either way. I’M DONE.”

Wu Fan gestures Luhan to follow him. Sae Rin does not follow them. Instead, she screams louder. “I’m not bluffing, Wu Fan! You better prepare yourself for tomorrow!”

He doesn’t even turn around to look at her. “I will,” he responds as he continues to walk further and further away from her.

Luhan turns around and sees Sae Rin standing still with clenched fists and gritting teeth. “She’s crying, Wu Fan.”

Wu Fan bites down hard on his tongue. “…let her cry.”

 

They finally find Chanyeol sitting in of the parking lot. He is sitting on the curb looking quite miserable and they both snicker with amusement when they see him in the gutter. “Need any spare change, sir?”

Chanyeol jerks his head up and sees them approach him. “Rude!” he chortles before standing up onto his feet. “About time you guys came to get me.”

“About time someone went to get me! I was suffocating between so many girls!” Luhan complains.

Wu Fan scoffs. “Are you bragging or what?”

Luhan shrugs. “Just a little.”

 

The parking lot is extremely cold and Chanyeol is shivering so terribly. Wu Fan drapes his coat over Chanyeol’s shoulder and pulls him in close to his chest.  “Let’s go home.”

“Go home? But what about Sae Rin?!”

“I’m sorry I got us into this mess. Let’s just forget her. Let’s just go home.”

Chanyeol nods silently before the three of them get into Wu Fan’s car and fasten in their seatbelts. The ride home is long and quiet. Luhan falls asleep in the back, filling up the quiet car with his obnoxious snoring. Chanyeol cannot fall asleep, no matter how many times Wu Fan tells him to. “What’s going to happen now, Wu Fan? We disobeyed her and she’s going to reveal to everyone that picture of us.”

“If you get hurt, I will pay you back with my body.”

Chanyeol blushes from cheeks to ear. “Y-Y-YOUR BODY?!”

“YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN!”

Chanyeol laughs out loud, paying no mind to Luhan in the back, and grabs Wu Fan’s hand. He weaves his fingers through Wu Fan’s and adds “I’m ready for whatever happens.”

Wu Fan squeezes his hand tighter and smiles. “Me too.”

 

It is silent throughout the rest of the car ride. Both Wu Fan and Chanyeol’s minds are running amuck with what awaits them the following day. They both are restless. They both are fearful.  

But they both are holding onto each other’s hands the entire trip home. And with that, their minds are put a little at ease. 

 


Times are really hard for me at the moment so it's hard to update. But I finally had a chance to sneak in another chapter! Thank you for the patience ; u ; !

Only two more chapters to go! Adonis and Aphordite is coming to an end. I'm writing a short AFTERWARD to complete the story. What genre should it be? Majority wins! Thank you again for sticking through with A & A ~ Sad it's almost coming to an end. Is that weird I feel like this? LOL.

Bye until next time ~ ! <3