Love Me Like You Do

Forever Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Hyukjae had turned in his script for his musical to the professor as soon as he was finished with it- after he revised it a million times of course. The professor told the class that only three musicals would have the chance to hold auditions and be performed for the whole school, but Hyukjae had been so confident in himself and in his script that he was so sure he would be picked. Which is why he had told Kai about his musical- that and he really wanted his cousin to be there for him if it really happened.

The best three musical scripts would have the opportunity to come to life.

            Hyukjae waited anxiously, but patiently.      

            “Hyukkie your script is seriously amazing, the professor would be dumb not to choose it!” Donghae had insisted when he noticed how nervous his boyfriend was when they touched the subject of his musical. Donghae nodded, held Hyukjae’s hand tightly as they entered their art class. “Plus you already told Kai to go see your musical, you must be confident in it. I’m confident in it. Don’t you trust my judgement?” he smiled sweetly.

            Hyukjae smiled widely, “I do, Hae baby, but I just get so nervous.” He frowned as they sat down in their seats. “It’s different now that it’s in the hands of the professor.” He pouted and Donghae just shook his head as he sighed heavily, but before he could say another word the professor walked in.

            “Turn in your artwork, please.” The professor said with a small smile as she sat behind her desk. Everyone took out their tiny canvases where they were meant to paint an object that represents them. Hyukjae nervously made his way to the front of the classroom to turn in his work. Donghae had the biggest smile on his face as he also turned in his work.

            “Your monkey came out so cute, Hyukkie.” He beamed, his arm wrapped around his lover’s and they sat back down on their seats.

            Hyukjae smiled lightly, “I liked your fish better.” He caressed Donghae’s palm by rubbing his thumb around it. Hae smiled brightly and they tried to focus on the lesson of the day but instead of taking notes they’d pass each other notes. Some students noticed, but they remained quiet even though they were slightly annoyed by the couple’s happiness.

            Once class was over, they held hands and headed towards their music class together. Hyukjae was lost in his thoughts for a bit, and when he found the courage, he asked in a low voice. “I know I shouldn’t ask this but….” Donghae looked at him with curious eyes, but he waited patiently for Hyukjae to finish. “I know what Kai did to you was unforgivable Donghae-” Donghae looked away from him and remained silent. “But would you ever want to see him? It’s okay to say no, I understand.” He looked at the latter and frowned when he noticed how uncomfortable Donghae looked.

            Donghae shrugged. “Honestly I don’t hate Kai, or anything, but…” he exhaled deeply. “I don’t think I’m ready to see him. I’ve forgiven him for what he did, and I have faith that Kai will get better, but until then I’d rather keep my distance. Sorry…”

            Hyukjae squeezed his hand lightly before he shook his head. “Don’t be. I completely understand, baby.” He leaned in and pecked the top of his head, “Let’s just hope he gets better soon because sometimes I really worry for his future.” Donhae nodded in agreement.

            “I worry about his future too, Hyukkie.”

 

            Later that night when they were in their room doing homework, Hyukjae received an email from his professor and when he read it quietly he fought hard not to scream from excitement. Donghae sat behind his desk as he scribbled in his math formulas into his homework; he was completely concentrated on it, and he was so proud of himself that he was nearly finished. Hae looked up when he noticed Hyukjae’s breathes came out weird, “Hyukkie?” he tilted his head a bit.

            “The professor for my theatre class just emailed me…” He started weakly, he looked at Donghae with an unreadable expression.

            “Oh Hyukkie…” Donghae stood up and approached him slowly. A pout already formed on his lips because he assumed Hyukjae would be jumping around if the email had good news in it.

            Hyukjae smiled widely as he rushed to Donghae and pickedhim up to twirl him around happily, “I did it!” He beamed proudly and Donghae was laughing, his arms clutched around Hyukjae.

            “I’m proud of you Hyukkie!!” he giggled. “I knew you could do it!” They kissed each other happily before Hyukjae slowly put his lover down. “When will the auditions be?” Donghae smiled brightly.

            “In a week!” Hyukjae grinned. “You’ll be there right?” As much as he would have loved to just give Donghae the part, he had to audition.

            Donghae nodded, “I wouldn’t miss it for anything in the world! I’m so excited Hyukkie!! Your musical is going to be so successful I just know it.” He pulled Hyukjae down and kissed him deeply. Hyukjae had the biggest smile on his face as he kissed Donghae back.

            It’s been months since Hyukjae had last seen his best friends, they would message each other weekly, but they haven’t had the opportunity to visit each other due to their different schedules. Donghae had arranged a surprise for his boyfriend, in celebration of his upcoming musical, to meet with his best friends once again. “Come on!” Donghae dragged Hyukjae out of their apartment.

            It was Saturday morning, far too early for Hyukjae’s liking, but he couldn’t resist his adorable lover that insisted that they had something special for the day. “Where are we going?” Hyukjae frowned, but then smiled quickly when they approached a park with a blanket, a basket and a glass of wine. “Donghae…?” his eyes widened in shock when Donghae encouraged him to sit on the blanket. It was a big space for two people, but Hyukjae didn’t notice that at that moment. “Aw baby.” He was already grateful for the sweet gesture. They both sat down and he quickly kissed Donghae.

            Donghae beamed, “I thought we should celebrate for your upcoming musical.” He grinned, “And I also know that you miss two people more than anything in this world and because I love you soo so so much I wanted to surprise you.” He looked behind Hyukjae- at the two people that approached slowly with huge smiles.

            Hyukjae was confused, but when he turned and saw his best friends he quickly stood up and embraced the duo. “Oh my god! What are you two doing here?!” He grinned as they remained in the embrace for a while. It’s been so long since they had last seen each other.

            “Well Donghae invited us.” Heechul beamed.

            “He told us about your musical and we’re seriously so proud, Hyukjae! Not even a year has passed and you’re already getting your name out there.” Kyuhyun smiled proudly at his best friend.

            Hyukjae smiled brightly as they sat  on the large blanket. Hyuk pulled Donghae into a tight embrace, kissed his head lightly and said, “Thank you, Hae baby, you’re seriously the sweetest.” He grinned when Donghae looked just as happy.

“Anything for you Hyukkie.” They kissed each other sweetly.

            “We’ll be here for the opening of the musical.” Heechul beamed and that only made Hyukjae even happier. “What’s it going to be about?”

            “It’s a surprise!” Donghae announced. “You’ll just have to wait and see.” He grinned, “But trust me, it’s seriously amazing.” He pecked Hyukjae’s cheek.

            “We don’t doubt it. I still remember the kid’s musical you did.” Kyuhyun chuckled at the memory of Donghae in the strawberry suit. Hyukjae laughed at the memory also while Donghae blushed a bit. “It was cute.”

            “It was.” Heechul agreed with a wide smile. Donghae took out the simple foods from his basket and passed it around to everyone. They ate blissfully, Donghae mainly watched how happy his love looked as him and his best friends caught up with everything that they’ve missed. Kyuhyun had decided to go to a tech school, it was what he was mainly skilled in and with his brains he had already managed to construct a website that was geared towards helping runaway teenagers.

            Heechul had decided to take a year off from school and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter