Blissful Moments

Forever Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Donghae beamed happily as him and Hyukjae were in the bathroom getting ready for their special day. He couldn’t contain his excitement, and he constantly stared at the ring on his finger when he thought it was all too good to be true. Hyukjae stared at his lover’s reflection and felt his heart skip a beat. He faced him and fixed his collar and helped him tie his tie, “Baby, I should warn you that my parents didn’t want to come, but after Luna begged them they changed their mind. Donghae, I don’t want you to be hurt with their reaction. I’m not expecting a standing ovation from them.”

            Donghae half smiled and nodded, “I know, I’ve tried to prepare myself for the worst but I’m so excited that it doesn’t matter what they say, Hyukkie.” He linked their hands together before he kissed his knuckles, “Their support would mean the world to me, but as long as we’re together…” he shrugged.

            Hyukjae nodded in agreement, and he smiled brightly as they kissed each other softly, “I love you, Donghae.” His arms circled around the latter’s hips protectively.  

            “I love you too,” He beamed and kissed him deeply. He giggled when Hyukjae nibbled on his lips, “Hyukkie!” He whined, but was pinned against the sink while Hyukjae kissed him heavily. Donghae whimpered lightly, his arms clutched onto the back of Hyukjae’s shirt as he kissed him back passionately. They became lost in the moment as their hands held each other close. Hyukjae kissed Donghae’s lips softly, but he deepened as his tongue darted into the latter’s mouth.

            Donghae moaned softly, his hands trailed down Hyukjae’s back as he melted in his arms. They kissed each other passionately, and neither of them realized when Hyukjae’s phone was ringing in the bedroom. Donghae giggled when Hyukjae’s lips trailed down to his neck; he the skin lightly then ran his tongue over the spot. Donghae was trembling, his hand reached over and he pulled Hyukjae closely to him so they could feel each other more deeply.

            “Baby….” Hyukjae groaned softly and his hand ran down Donghae’s back and he gently cupped his plump . Donghae mewled, his fingers gripped onto his shoulders when their lips latched onto each other’s once more. They didn’t want to be apart.

            The phone continued to ring, and finally Donghae realized it was probably one of their parents calling. He pulled away and Hyukjae stared at his love’s red, sore lips and felt even more in love. He reluctantly answered the phone and frowned when it was his dad, “Hey…” he tried to sound enthusiastic, “Are you on your way?” He smiled at Donghae who was finishing up getting ready for their dinner with the families.

            Hours later, Donghae and Hyukjae entered a restaurant with their hands linked together. They both smiled brighter when they saw their parents already waiting for them in a giant table. Hyukjae immediately embraced his siblings first, “I’m so glad you’re here.” He grinned as he held them both in his arms.

            Luna laughed lightly and pecked his head, “Well you insisted that this was urgent.” She eyed him suspiciously while Sungmin was a bit oblivious- he was just happy to see Hyukjae again. He hugged him a bit longer while Hyukjae pecked his head.

            “You look great!” Sungmin tilted his head a bit, “You two seem to be glowing more than usual.” He stared at the two of them and then smiled lightly.

            Donghae clutched onto his three siblings in his arms and then grinned happily when they showered him in kisses. “I’m so happy to see you three!” He beamed and kissed their heads one by one. He then attacked his parents and embraced them tightly while they kissed his head lovingly. Hyukjae hugged his mother and just smiled lightly at his father before they all sat down.

            Donghae had made sure to hide his engagement ring in his pocket. Him and Hyukjae stared at each other for a moment, their eyes telling each other to remain calm while their families ordered their food. They spoke about their school life at first, Hyukjae tried not to be hurt that it was Donghae’s parents that asked all the questions. His father seemed completely uninterested while his mother could only stare at Donghae. They ate their food and Donghae’s parents continued to ask Hyukjae about his musical.

            “I don’t want to rush you both or anything, but can we skip to the point? You had told us that you had something really important to tell us, now what is it?” Hyukjae’s father spoke in an irritated, impatient tone.

            “There’s no need to rush them.” Donghae’s appa stared at him in disbelief.

            To cut the tension, Donghae smiled at them, “No it’s okay, Appa, I understand.” He glanced at Hyukjae and they both panicked for a moment. Neither of them knew how their parents would react to their news. Their hands linked and everyone stared at them patiently, “We have something important to say, and we hope that you all approve and support us.”

            Amber and Sohee’s eyes went wide. They covered their mouths to shield any squeals from being released. Luna caught on fast and became just as excited while Henry and Sungmin didn’t seem to understand.

            “To put it bluntly…” Hyukjae exhaled deeply and squeezed his lover’s hand. Donghae pulled out his ring and everyone’s eyes became even wider as Hyukjae placed it on Donghae’s ring finger. “Donghae and I are getting married.” Hyukjae and Donghae smiled brightly at everyone.

            The siblings were the most excited, they immediately voiced their approval, their support and their excitement. “I’m so happy for you two!!!” Sohee grinned and the rest commented as well. Donghae and Hyukjae smiled brightly but they waited patiently for their parents to react.

            “This isn’t funny.” Hyukjae’s father stared at them and waited for them to say something, but their expression looked serious. “W-What?” He stared at his wife and she looked completely speechless. “When did you two even…?”

            “You two are hardly in my life when was I supposed to tell you that we were together?” Hyukjae frowned, but he didn’t remove his hand from Donghae’s hand. They remained silent which hurt Hyukjae, “Umma say something.” He encouraged.

            “I don’t know what to say…” She whispered and shook her head.

            “I don’t approve.” Hyukjae’s father said simply.

            “Aish, you two are so-” Luna almost insulted them but Hyukjae stopped her. She bit down her tongue and he only smiled sadly at his parents.

            “I didn’t expect your approval. I just want you to know of my decision.” Hyukjae nodded. Donghae pouted, and he leaned in to peck Hyukjae’s cheek lightly; he wanted to give him as much emotional support as he could. It hurt Donghae as well that Hyukjae’s parents were so distant from their lives.

            “I feel uncomfortable.” Hyukjae’s father stood and everyone stared at him in shock. “I’m leaving and if you two want to stay and walk your asses home then be my guest.” He said to Sungmin and Luna. He refused to look at Hyukjae, so he did what he did best- he acted like his son didn’t exist and walked out while his wife trailed behind.

            Sungmin and Luna sat there in shock. Neither of them wanted to leave Hyukjae alone because they knew how much that must have hurt him, and it did. It really did hurt Hyukjae to the point where he thought he would break down in tears, but Donghae’s attention distracted him from the pain. He didn’t expect his parents to agree, but he had a bit of hope.

            “Just go.” Hyukjae smiled sadly at his siblings, “I don’t want him to take his anger out on the two of you.” He forced a wider smile because they looked like they were about to cry. “I’m okay.” He was surprised his voice didn’t break. Sungmin and Luna didn’t waste any more time, they stood up and embraced Hyukjae tightly. Hyukjae squeezed them into his arms and he smiled brightly as he kissed their heads, “Just go. We’ll talk soon.” He nodded.

            “I’ll talk to them.” Luna nodded.

            Sungmin nodded, “We’ll talk to them.”

            Hyukjae shook his head, “We all know how they are and I don’t have much hope for them. We’ll talk soon don’t worry.” He embraced them one final time, and they reluctantly left after their parents.

            “Hyukkie.” Donghae clutched onto him and pecked his lips sweetly, “I’m so sorry-” he began but Hyukjae only pressed a finger to his lips before he replaced it with his lips; they kissed each other softly while Donghae’s family only watched in awe.

            “All that matters is us.” Hyukjae smiled lightly as their hands entwined together.

            Donghae nodded in agreement with a sweet smile.

            Donghae’s appa spoke first, “Personally, I think it’s a little soon for a wedding, but…” he smiled when he thought about how happy the two of them made each other, and just how much they cared for each other, “If that’s what you two truly want then…” he stared at his wife and they both smiled brightly.

            “We won’t get in the way.” Donghae’s umma finished for him. Donghae and Hyukjae smiled happily. “We’ll support you two no matter what.”

            Amber, Sohee and Henry had held their breath while their parents voiced their opinions on the engagement and when they were done they excitedly clapped.

            “I’m so excited for this wedding!” Henry jumped up and down in his seat. “Monkey and Fishy hyung are the cutest couple in the world!” Sohee and Amber grinned happily as they watched their parents walk over to the happy couple and embrace them.

            After the dinner, they walked out of the restaurant and Donghae nearly squealed when his parents led him to the side where Abby had been tied to a pole temporarily. She had been lying down but as soon as she saw Donghae and Hyukjae she got up and spun around excitedly. Donghae ran to her and embraced her happily while she his face.

            “I’ve missed you!!” He kissed her head and laughed when she snuggled her head to his neck.

            Hyukjae beamed and embraced the two of them. They played with her for a moment and even showed Donghae’s family around the school. They were most excited for the upcoming musical. “It’s going to be amazing like the last one,” Henry beamed, his hand was wrapped around his brother’s. Sohee and Amber clutched on Hyukjae as they went on with their tour of the campus.

            When it was time to say goodbye, Donghae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter