Circus

Forever Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Double update! Make sure you’ve read the previous CH :*

_________________________________________________________________________

 

In the early morning, Donghae changed into shorts and a tank top. He put on his sneakers and fastened the shoelaces as he talked to Abby, “We’re going for a run today, Abby.” She whined and he giggled. “No whining, young lady.” He grinned as he fixed his hair promptly then he clipped the dog leash on Abby’s collar and he tried to drag her out of his room. He laughed, “Come on, please?” he pouted. She lazily laid on the floor and refused to move for a while. “Please Abby?” he tried again in a much sweeter tone.

            Abby whined but complied; she slowly got on all fours. He giggled as they headed out of the house. Donghae hummed happily as they walked into the woods. He suddenly missed the sounds of the trees moving against the wind and the twigs being broken beneath his shoes. Abby panted, her tongue sticking out as she broke out into a run which caused Donghae to lunge forward; he ran to keep up with her, and he laughed happily because he had missed her. He ran past the lake and he stared at it for a moment, and he smiled to himself.

            “Abby slow down!” Donghae giggled as he held the leash as tightly as he could because Abby only sped up from excitement. His heart was racing and he looked around at the trees with the biggest smile on his face. He laughed happily as he ran with her for a couple of minutes but then she stopped suddenly. Donghae leaned down, placed his hands on his knees and inhaled sharply. “Omo Abby,” He exhaled as he laughed lightly. “Wow, I wasn’t expecting you to be so excited since you’re so lazy.” He teased in a sweet tone, but he frowned when he noticed Abby stared in front of her and she started to growl.

            Donghae frowned and followed her gaze. He couldn’t see a figure past the bushes so he assumed Abby saw a squirrel. “Abby it’s probably just a squirrel.” He tried to pull her back but she looked ready to lunge as she refused to move. “Abby…” Donghae whispered and stared towards the direction her eyes were fixed on, “Abby.” He tried to get her attention. He exhaled sharply, knelt in front of her and held her head gently, “There’s nothing there to worry about.” He smiled sweetly when she whined and looked at him. “Let’s go home.” He smiled sweetly and pulled her leash and for a moment she continued to growl towards the direction but then she followed Donghae.

            Donghae felt uneasy as he kept looking over his shoulder, but there was nothing. He sighed, shook his head and smiled as they jogged their way back home. He smiled as they jogged past the lake but he stopped for a moment, “Look Abby this is where Hyukkie and I met.” He grinned and she barked once as she stared at the lake. “Then he asked me to be his in this very same spot too.” Donghae was smiling so brightly while Abby whined lightly. He leaned down and pecked her head. “I miss him too.” He pet her fur as he hugged her. “Come on lets go home, Abby.” He tried to pull on her leash but Abby stared off to the side and started to growl once more. Donghae sighed, “Abby, there’s no one ther-” he froze when he heard twigs being broken from being stepped on; it was at a distance but it didn’t sound too far away.

            Donghae stared at the direction that Abby growled at and when he stepped forward, Abby tried to nudge him away with her head. Donghae looked down at her and frowned when he noticed how distressed she was. He was quiet, but he didn’t hear another sound. “I’m sure it’s nothing, Abby.” He pets her head and they headed home. Donghae felt uneasy when Abby kept looking back. “It’s nothing,” He said and pulled her forward a bit. He wasn’t too sure because he couldn’t deny that odd feeling in the pit of his stomach, but he didn’t want to think too much of it.

            When they arrived home, Donghae was surprised to find his parents pacing the living room. “H-Hi” As soon as they saw him they rushed to him. Donghae was taken back when they began to scold him.

            “Where were you?!” His umma spoke first, but before Donghae could answer his appa asked another question.

            “Why would you leave without saying anything to us Donghae? Why didn’t you take your phone?! We were worried sick-”

            “Why?” Donghae’s heart began to pound as he became paranoid, “W-Why would you be worried?” he asked in a small voice. “You’ve never worried before why are you two acting so weird lately?” he exhaled deeply when they remained silent and he walked off towards the kitchen to grab a glass of water. He noticed the way his parents glanced at each other with worried expressions. He noticed the way his umma was trembling from not knowing where he was and he also noticed the way his appa looked paranoid.

            Donghae exhaled deeply and chewed on his lower lip. His heart was beating fast, the odd feeling in the pit of his stomach returned and he felt sick. He looked around and felt tears stinging his eyes before he approached his parents. He waited patiently for them to say something as he stared at one parent and then the other.

            “We’re just being paranoid, Donghae. That’s all.” His appa nodded and exhaled deeply. “You’ve been through so much,” tears welled into his eyes as his voice broke. Donghae had already started crying and seeing his father cry only made it worse. He sniffled. “and we feel like we failed you as parents…” Donghae shook his head quickly. “We’re just trying to be extra careful with you, Sohee, Amber and Henry because we don’t want you to get hurt.”
            Donghae sniffled and wiped away his tears. “But nothing is going to hurt me appa. H-He’s locked up now, so you have nothing to worry about.” Donghae held his parents hands and smiled brightly. His parents pulled him into a tight hug so he couldn’t see how uneasy they both looked. They embraced each other tightly and Donghae sighed happily; he began to feel a weight lift from his shoulders while his parents only became more paranoid.

            With Hyukjae, he woke up bright and early along with his siblings. He wore something casual as they headed to his uncle’s house with so much dread in his stomach. There was so much he wanted to say to them- well, to yell at them. He wanted to curse their names and hurt them for abandoning Kai. He wanted to hurt them emotionally so they could get a taste of what Kai was going through.

            “We need to stay calm.” Luna encouraged.

            Sungmin sat in the passenger seat and nodded in agreement. “We have to let them know that what they did was wrong, and that Kai needs them now more than ever.” He exhaled deeply and stared at Hyukjae. “Please, try to stay calm.” He said when he noticed Hyukjae’s grip on the steering wheel. “I’m upset with them too but we have to stay calm or else they’ll ignore us completely.”

            “I know.” That’s all Hyukjae was able to say as he pulled up in the driveway of the small yellow house. He sighed heavily as they got out of the car and headed towards the front door. Luna walked in front of Hyukjae and she knocked loudly.

            “I’ll do the talking.” Luna instructed. Sungmin agreed while Hyukjae only glared at the door and then at the person that swung it open. It was their aunt, Hwayoung, when she saw them her eyes widened in surprised. She almost shut the door on them but Hyukjae held it open and pushed it back.

            “Hope your husband’s home because we’re having a family meeting,” Hyukjae said in between his teeth as he shoved his way into the house. “MyungDae! Where are you?!” he called out for his uncle while Sungmin and Luna walked into the house. Luna half glared at her brother but she remained silent. “Sit.” Hyukjae glared at his aunt and pointed to the couch. She was hesitant at first, “Now.” He nodded and she quickly sat on the couch. She watched Hyukjae with a confused expression.

            “What’s going on?! Oh! Hyukjae!! It’s so nice to see yo-” his uncle almost embrace him but Hyukjae moved away and instructed him to sit by his wife. Lee MyungDae was confused but he shrugged and sat by his wife. Hyukjae, Luna and Sungmin stood before them and only watched them with disappointing stares. “What’s going on?”

            “Why don’t we talk about Kai and the way that you abandoned him when he needed you the most!?” Luna glared at them.

            “Do you even care about how he’s doing in that mental institution you’ve stuck him in?” Hyukje stared at them but before either of them could answer, he went on. “Kai has never been mentally stable because he has constantly been seen as less. Constantly he’s been in this useless competition with me because neither of you know how to be parents! And now that he needs you the most you’ve decided to give up on him? How can he possibly get any better when all you two have ever done is put him down-”

            “Now wait, Hyukjae.” Myungdae stood up and shook his head in disbelief. “Kai has never been stable and lately he’s gotten so out of hand. With his accident he turned worse than before, and no matter what we would say to him he’d refuse to help himself. He tried to commit suicide by setting the house on fire, how do you expect us to feel safe with him here?! How do you expect us to live with someone like Kai?” He paused for a moment, “We’ve always wished we would have had a son like you, Hyukjae-”
            “And you made sure to tell him too.” Hyukjae only shook his head in disbelief. Myungdae and Hwayoung looked uncomfortable as they glanced at each other and then at Hyukjae. “Kai won’t be returning here no matter what happens so don’t fear for your selfish lives. I do ask for the two of you to reach out to him now that he n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter