The End

Forever Yours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “Come on Hyukkie…”

 

            “Hold on….”

 

            “I love you so much...”

 

            “Always and forever….”          

 

That voice would echo into Hyukjae’s mind constantly.

The sweet voice had lingered within the elder’s dreams. ‘I love you…’ it echoed softly and Hyukjae became hypnotized by it. He was in a deep, endless trance. Hyukjae’s body would ache from how badly he wanted to move, from how badly he wanted to open his eyes and see. 

            Everything hurt.

            He was stuck in an endless loop of memories with echoes of the sweet voice.

 

            In the hospital’s lunchroom, a few cast members from the Frozen musical ate quietly and watched Donghae with pitiful stares. Donghae would forget to eat sometimes, but his siblings would force him to take care of himself. He sat alone. He stared at his food with a solemn expression.

            “The poor guy…” one girl whispered to another girl, “They were so in love. It’s such a shame.” They nodded in agreement and tried not to stare at Donghae for too long while he stared at nothing in particular; his mind was elsewhere.

            “Donghae…” his head snapped up when the voice spoke his name. Siwon frowned lightly before he sat across from the latter. “Hey, I’ll watch over Hyukjae tonight. You deserve some rest-”

            “I’m okay…” he nodded, he was getting tired of constantly saying those words.

            “Donghae, please I insist-” Siwon urged. He was really concerned for Donghae’s health since he looked more and more pale the longer he remained by Hyukjae’s side.

            Jonghyun slowly made his way inside and approached the duo when he noticed something was wrong. Donghae looked ready to crack each time Siwon pleaded for him to go home.

            “I’m not going home, Siwon.” Donghae insisted.

            “But-” Siwon was about to say more when Jonghyun cut into the conversation.

            “Just let him stay, Siwon.” Jonghyun sat beside his roommate and he smiled lightly at Donghae. “We’re just concerned, Donghae. We’re worried about you-”

            “You shouldn’t be.” Donghae continued to play with his food and avoided their pitiful stares. He hated the amount of pitiful eyes his friends would give him.

            Siwon and Jonghyun exchanged glances. Neither of them knew what to say to Donghae. No one knew what to say to Donghae, so they remained silent. “You’re not alone in this Donghae.” Siwon assured him in a gentle voice.

            “I know.” Donghae stood up and nodded. He waved lightly and walked back towards Hyukjae’s room before anyone else could try to stop him. Hyukjae’s parents were there, speaking to him about how sorry they were. Donghae half glared at Hyukjae’s father but he sat down and remained quiet.

            “Hyukjae, please wake up, son.” His father pleaded in a breaking voice. “I promise that things will be different-”

            Donghae rolled his eyes.

            “Sweetheart, don’t give up.” Hyuk’s mother added pleas and the two of them continued to beg their son to not give up. Donghae exhaled deeply, leaned back on the large chair and drifted off to sleep. Sometimes his body would give out on him because he was so exhausted. He couldn’t sleep much due to the nightmares he would have of Hyukjae being gone.

            For once in a long time, he had a pleasant dream.

           

            It was about four in the morning, when the bed stirred. Hyukjae’s eyes shot open suddenly, and his vision was grainy, and blurry from the strange, dark surrounding. He started to gasp for air lightly. Donghae woke up and ran to his side, “Hyukkie?!” he touched his face with shaky hands, “Hyukkie!” Tears streamed down his eyes as he kissed him all over his face, “I’m not dreaming…” he whispered as he cried tears of joy.

            Hyukjae looked him in the eyes and looked confused for a couple of minutes. Realization of what had happened sunk down and he took a moment before he cracked a weak smile. He caressed Donghae’s cheek and wiped away his tears, “I’m here.” He said weakly and pulled Donghae into a tight embrace and they cried silent tears of joy as they held on to one another protectively. It remained peaceful the first night and every night after.

            It was confusing at first. Hyukjae had to adjust to the overwhelming affection he received from parents. They pleaded for forgiveness and although he was hesitant at first (mainly because he was so sure he was dreaming), eventually he forgave them. His script was turned into a real production, and slowly his career started to take off.

            Donghae’s artwork became better known since it would be displayed in a subtle way through Hyukjae’s musicals. On one spring morning, Donghae dressed in white and smiled at his reflection as he fixed himself over and over again; his heart pounded against his chest. Sohee, Amber and Henry ran into the private room with the biggest smiles on their faces. Donghae couldn’t find his words, he only squealed as he embraced the three of them tightly.

            Sohee, Amber, and Henry kissed their brother’s head sweetly and mumbled congratulations to him. “I’m so happy for you, Donghae.” Amber smiled gently.

            “You and Monkey are gonna be so happy together.” Henry grinned from ear to ear.       

            Sohee giggled and pecked Donghae’s cheek. “Thanks you three.” He smiled sweetly at them and then felt his heart accelerate when his father peaked into the room.

            “You ready?”

            Donghae’s smile grew as he nodded slowly, “Yes.” He was ready a long time ago to begin his life with Hyukjae. As they walked through the aisle, Donghae clung onto his father’s arm, his eyes averted past the guests that filled the chairs, and then he smiled brightly at Kai- whom wore a deep blue suit and had the happiest smile on his face. And then he looked at Hyukjae, who’s eyes glistened as he watched the love of his life approach him with the sweetest, most angelic smile ever.

            Kai stared at Hyukjae and felt himself near tears from seeing how happy he looked. He reached out and squeezed his cousin’s shoulder and Hyukjae smiled at him sweetly before his eyes met Donghae’s once more. The ceremony was short but sweet, all of their loved ones celebrated their union and Eunhae was overwhelmed with countless joy as they remained next to each other as much as possible the rest of the night.

_________________________________

           

            The doorbell rang a few times before Hyukjae forced himself to crawl away from the couch and his love’s arms. Donghae stuffed his face in popcorn as he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter