Afraid

Sweet Protection

Hyukjae was watching the television while cuddling with his lovely teddy bear as he waits for Donghae's appearance. The older had been out since the morning and it was now 6 pm. He waited and waited until he nearly fell asleep but then he heard the front door open and quickly got up to greet the older.

"You're back!" He exclaimed gleefully but then his eyes caught a box in the other's hand. He tilted his head to the side in confusion and asked the older what's in the box but the older just gave him a small smile and the younger could feel a strange thing flutter in his stomach upon seeing it.

"What are you doing standing in front of the door? Come here.." The older said as he pulled the younger by the hand to the living room. The younger snapped out of his daydream but kept on clutching his stomach because the flutter feeling still didn't leave him yet. He couldn't even describe what he was feeling.

Donghae opened the box and Hyukjae gasped upon seeing his dream phone , Samsung Galaxy S III. "W-Who bought it? And who is it for?" The older chuckled seeing the younger's bewildered expression. "Your hyung bought it and it's obviously for you.." And the younger could feel the flutter got even more violent.

He tried to ignore the feeling and sat beside the older to see what was he doing to the phone. The older taught him how to use the phone and insert the SIM card - Siwon's number was already in there and Donghae was second. He had also downloaded a few games in case the younger will get bored - Temple Run is one of them.

And Hyukjae used his pouty plump lips and puppy eyes to persuade Donghae to install Cut The Rope - in which he lost and complied. The older glanced at the clueless younger beside him who was just humming a happy song to himself while hugging his teddy bear to his chest and he wondered how the younger could have such power to control him.

The younger turned to look at him as he feel the stare of the older and gave him a small smile , in which he snapped his head back to the television and gave the younger his phone without looking at him. The younger looked at him in confusion at the sudden action but took the phone and he smiled happily when he saw Cut The Rope was finished installed.

"Kyaaaaah! Om Nom is sho cute!!" Hyukjae squealed as he play the game. Donghae narrowed his eyes at the green creature with 6 tooth who's currently begging anyone who plays the game to feed him with candies. "How did you know this game exists?" "Hyung has this game in his phone!" The younger beamed with a smile. 

The older furrowed his eyebrows. Choi Siwon , gave his phone to someone? Unbelievable. Because he remembered how protective his friend was of his phone and the glare he would give if anyone would touch it. He shivered. It was damn scary and to think his younger brother that's a happy-go-lucky person got to play with the phone , how incredible is that?

"Hae hyung want to try?" The older grinned when he heard the nickname Hyukjae had called him. 'Hae hyung..' He thought in his mind and the younger had to wave his hand in front of the older's face to wake him up from daydreaming. He nodded his head and began to play as the younger instructed.

"Om Nom is cute right?" The older nodded and added in his mind. 'Not as cute as you though..' He realized that when he spend his time with the younger , it will fly really fast and not long after that , night came. They ate dinner , watched television and went to sleep as usual but then Donghae realized the dark clouds out of his window.

Then , lightning struck followed with a thunder. He heard a scream from Hyukjae's room and quickly rushed there to found the younger curled up in his blanket. "Hyukjae...?" He called and the creature in the blanket crawled away from him. "Shh , it's okay.. Come here.." Donghae said but the younger didn't move so he proceeded on climbing on the bed and laid beside him.

The blanket was lowered until he could see the younger's eyes and for a moment , they stared at each other before a loud thunder was heard and the younger hugged the older tightly. The older heard sobs and looked at the younger's teary eyes. "It's okay.." He comforted as he pat the younger's back and after a few minutes , the younger was asleep and the older wiped the dried tears. He kissed the younger's forehead before mumbling 'good night' and circled his arms around the younger's waist.

A brown-haired tall man checked himself in the mirror and fixed his hair a bit. "Looking good.." He said to himself with a smirk and gave a wink to the mirror. He walked confidently to a certain apartment and went in with the spare key he had. "Dong-!" He was about to beam when he opened a room where a certain person should be at but frowned when the person is not even there.

He went to open the next door and gasped in surprise. There , he saw his partner in crime , all tangled up in bed with a blond angel. He tip-toed quietly towards the sleeping couple and inspect their position. The blond had his hand in loose fists on the other's chest , peacefully sleeping while the other had his hands around the blond's waist. Just what kind of position is this? He questioned himself.

Lovers? He doubt that , knowing how cold Donghae usually is around strangers. 'Then what the actual is this?' He asked himself as he frustratingly messed his hair up. He saw how the blond angel's eyes flutter open and looked around with sleepy eyes but when his eyes landed on Donghae , his face immediately turned beet red and tried to struggle out of the older's grip even though it was futile.

The one watching the scene chuckled before helping the angle out of Donghae's grip. "W-Who are you?" Was what came out from the angel's mouth and the taller smiled before ruffling the angel's blond hair , making him pout because he messed with his hair. "That , is what I should ask you first." He said as he pointed to the other's chest and the angel confusedly look at him.

"Me..?" He nodded with a smile. After a few seconds , he finally caught what the taller was trying to say. "Ah! I am Wonnie-hyung's dongsaengie! Lee Hyukjae! Annyeonghaseyo!" The angel beamed at him happily and the taller froze for a second. 'H-Him? Siwon's younger brother?! That.. Doesn't make sense..' He thought in his mind but then decided to ignore it.

The taller smiled before introducing himself. "I'm Zhoumi , Donghae's friend. So.. How did you ended up like that with Donghae?" He asked and saw how Hyukjae's face immediately redden. Before he could answer , the said person was already standing in front of them. "Oh , speaking of the devil.." Zhoumi said with a smirk before he got smacked by the other. 

"I'm your hyung , Zhoumi. Use honorific." "Nae , hyung." The taller answered with a salute and Hyukjae giggled. "Have you eaten anything yet , Mimi hyung?" He asked and Donghae frowned. 'Mimi... hyung...?' The taller answered with a no. "Ah really? You must be hungry! Let me prepare breakfast!" Hyukjae said and proceeded on wearing his apron.

The other two then went to the living room to talk. "So.. Is that our Siwon's younger brother?" "Half-brother.." Donghae corrected. "They're from different mothers but from the same father.." Zhoumi nodded. "That's why their personality is vice-versa. I thought the younger would be a rebel considering his age but he listens well.."

The older nodded. "And you're apartment used to be a dump place.. Look at it now! It's sparkling clean , the rice you bought is being used , no more stinky laundries and your refrigerator is full of healthy food!" The taller said in disbelief. "And before you add the sweet things , it's for the blond.." The older butted in before the taller could mention it.

"I even thought I entered the wrong apartment.." The taller said again and the older scoffed. "It's that blond in the kitchen that made my apartment like this.." "I know.. And I'm thinking of taking him with me.." Donghae immediately glared at him when he heard him said that. "I'm just kidding!" Zhoumi said , raising both of his hands above his chest in a sign of surrender.

"But can I request something?" The taller said with puppy eyes. "I'll think about it when I hear the question.." "Can I stay here for a while?" The older glared. "Hell no." "Hell yes! Aww , pwease hyung? Can't I stay here for just a little while?" "Huh? Mimi hyung wants to stay here?" A voice suddenly said and the two of them quickly searched for the source of it. 

Zhoumi nodded furiously and made a desperate face to the innocent Hyukjae , silently telling him to beg Donghae. "Hae hyung , just let Mimi hyung over!" The younger said with a pout and the older groaned mentally. Why did he always use his weapon against him?! It always worked so he's afraid someone would find out his weakness is the blond. 

The older covered both of his eyes with his palms and waved them off. "Okay okay.. I'll let Zhoumi stay here for just a while.." He peeked a little and saw that Hyukjae has stopped his pout so he uncovered his eyes. "But.. Who will share a room? We only have two.." The taller eyes quickly sparkled.

"It's okay!! He can share with me!" He said as he back-hugged the younger. Hyukjae immediately widen his eyes and went pale. "Wait , Zhoumi , let go of him!" Donghae yelled and the taller quickly let go confusedly. He rubbed the younger's back repeatedly. "Are you okay?" Gasps were only the answer.

"Can you breath? Are you having an asthma attack?" Donghae asked panicky as he looked at the pale blond. "What do I do?" Zhoumi asked , trying to be any of help. "Search his room for a teddy bear backpack and take out an inhaler." The taller nodded and quickly ran into the said room.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

A double update! Proceed to next chapter! ^^