The kiss.

Sweet Protection

A double update! Go to next chapter if you haven't read it yet!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hyukjae is feeling much better now that he had enough sleep and was being his hyper self as usual. "Who'll follow me to university today?" He asked as he munched on his bread. Zhoumi and I looked at each other. 'I guess I'll take care of Hyukjae today.' I thought and gave an eye signal to the other.

"I'll be leaving now!" Zhoumi then informed at the doorway. "Hmm , where are you going?" "Work! I'll be here when you get back so don't worry." Hyukjae nodded and continued eating his breakfast. "Hae hyung isn't going to eat?" "I already ate. Thank you for asking." I  answered and suddenly Hyukjae gaped.

"What?" I asked , frowning as I look at the frozen Hyukjae. "H-Hyung.. You just smiled!" I looked at him with a shocked expression. He then leapt towards me and cupped my face. "Hyung , smile again! This time wider." He said , though I shook my head and he pouted. "Pwease~? Your smile is calming!" He said and did aegyo to which I closed my eyes , trying not to give in.

I then felt his fingers on the corner of my lips and he pushed it upwards. "See! It wouldn't hurt to smile!" He said and I opened my eyes to see him with a gummy smile. Suddenly , I felt soft lips against mine and flutters at the pit of my stomach. What the hell?! I widen my eyes when I realized what I just did and broke the kiss. Hyukjae looked at me with dazed eyes. 

"W-What was that?" He said , searching for my eyes. I looked away. "N-Nothing." I said and it was awkward for a while before I cleared my throat. "Finish your breakfast and we'll be going to your university." I said and went to the kitchen to drink. Hyukjae took a while to snap into reality and when he did , he continued eating his breakfast.

"YOU BASTARD!" A punch on my face. "HOW DARE YOU SAID THE KISS WAS NOTHING?!" He yelled out as he grabbed my collar and gave me a death glare. "Woah woah , calm down Heechul!" I said as I hold his fist that was ready to punch me again. "HOW CAN I?! I'LL KILL YOU!" "Wait wait wait! What are you talking about Heechul? Calm down for 's sake." 

He inhaled deeply before looking at me. "Listen to me for good." He threatened and I just nodded , horrified at this side of him. "You accidentally kissed Hyukjae? On the lips right?" I nodded slightly , embarrassed. "And when he asked you what was it you said nothing , am I right?" I nodded again.

"You bastard! Hyukjae deeply believes that a kiss must be from someone he loves and when you said it was nothing , he cried to me! I'm so gonna kill you!" Heechul yelled out in rage and strangled me before I have a chance to think about what he just said. A tall guy then pulled Heechul away from me and tried to calm him down.

"Thank you , who are you anyway?" I asked once my breath came back to normal. "Minho." He answered with a smile , still holding tightly onto Heechul who was struggling. "What relationship do you guys have?" I asked as I pointed towards the man who was still mad. "Friends." Suddenly , the Minho guy went silent before letting go of Heechul.

"We left Hyukjae alone!" He said panicky and ran from the cafeteria , I ran as well. Worried. "Hyukjae's not here!" Heechul yelled out. "Let's split up , I don't think he's far from here so go somewhere you think he'll go." Minho said before we split up in search of Hyukjae. I ran to where I think he was , toilet. Stupid right? But maybe he's there.

With no luck , he was not there. I began to think that maybe Heechul or Minho found and started slowing my walking. "Hae.." I heard a mumble and looked around. Maybe my imagination though , a few seconds later I heard the same mumble and began following the source of it. 

Then , I saw Hyukjae. He was pushed around by some guys and tears were already wetting his cheeks. I gritted my teeth and punched the one seemingly to be the leader. He looked at me with a shocked expression and his comrades attacked me but failed miserably as I threw them to the floor. 

"H-Hae!" Hyukjae called out and ran towards me. "I-I was so scared." He said and began to cry again. I pulled him into my embrace and tried to calm him down. When his sobs died down , he was suddenly pulled and I glared at the intruder to see it was Heechul. "Don't you dare touch him before you repent!" He yelled out before dragging Hyukjae with him.

Minho bowed to me. "I'm sorry , Heechul is like that if you break one of his 'rules'." "And what did I just broke?" I asked with a scowl. "Making Hyukjae cry." He answered before giving me a pity smile and went away. I stood there for a moment. I just made Hyukjae cry and I panicked. Why though? Why would I worry what Hyukjae thinks of me?

I leaned against the lockers and slid myself to the floor. This is so confusing. "Heechul is like that if you break one of his 'rules'. Making Hyukjae cry."  I groaned to myself at the memory. I felt bad. Reaaally bad. I shouldn't have said it was nothing! Hyukjae was crying because of me and I felt like digging a hole and curl in it. 

It was even confusing to think about this alone and I decided to call the only reliable friend who is happily in a relationship with another guy , Youngwoon hyung. "Hyung.." I heard a chuckle. "What's with the weary voice?"  I chuckled bitterly , pitying myself. "Do you know if there's a disease that involves getting flutters in stomach and feeling satisfied with how the world is until you could cry?" 

I asked , it was silence for a while. "There is."  "What is it?" I said , desperately wanting a cure for it. "Love disease."  It took me a while to register those words to my mind. "W-What?" "Like I said, love disease. Who is it that keeps making you feel this way? She is indeed lucky and must be precious to you."  He stated and gave me a moment to think. 

"If it's a he?" "Love has no gender Donghae. Just keep that in mind."  He sighed out. "Snatch him first before others do and if you're together in the future , make sure to treasure him more than anything."  Youngwoon advised. "I already did so , hyung. He's really precious. I'm just afraid someone would take him away from me." 

"If he has no answer after your confession , show him your love everyday and even after you get him , still , show him how much you treasure him."  I almost puke at his cheesiness. "Was this how you got Jungsu hyung?" "Yup. Did you do something bad towards the one we're talking about? It's the first time you called me for advise."  I scoffed.

"I made him cry... And I was going to call Jungsu umma because he really gives out good advices but he's overseas and overseas calls are expensive as hell." "So , what you're stating is that I'm cheap?"  "Kinda..? Don't take it in a negative way hyung! Take it in a positive way!" "Hmm.. I can't see anything positive about my statement though."  

I chuckled nervously. "Ah hyung , I need to hang-up now." "Wait Donghae!"  I put the phone beside my ear back. "Just don't forget this! Don't yell at him and make him cry because he'll definitely thinks you hate him."  "But I don't-" "I know but it's just a way of thinking to a person who's in love. Don't forget that."  "Okay okay hyung. I'll hang-up now." The call ended.

I spent the whole day walking aimlessly around and had bumped into a wall a few times already but it didn't bother me even for a bit. Okay , so , I always feel this flutter thingy in my stomach whenever Hyukjae would smile or close with me and I definitely feel my lips twitching when he would smile a gummy smile. It makes me want to cry but it's what Jungsu hyung had once said , the feeling extremely happy.

So , does that mean... I'm extremely happy whenever I'm with Hyukjae? Why though? What's the reason of me being happy? Love disease is what Youngwoon had said. Does that also mean that...

I'm in love with Hyukjae?

I messed my hair up in frustration and decided to see him to confirm whether it was true or not. Heechul glared at me when I walked towards him. "What are you doing here?" He growled and I bitterly smiled. "I just want to talk to Hyukjae for a while." Hyukjae looked at Heechul and just nodded. "Fine. Just 10 minutes." I nodded and pulled him with me. 

I pulled him to a quieter corridor. "What is it that you want to talk about Hae hyung? Don't worry about the kiss. I'm... alright." He said though the words were the opposite of his sad eyes. I hold his shoulder and made him look at me. "Hyukjae. I'm..." Come on! Be a man Donghae! "I'm... I'm in love with you."

And we kissed. It was the most beautiful feeling I ever felt.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Double update finished! I woke up late!!! I thought I was going to update once I wake up and write some more but now I only have a few minutes before my van arrives T^T Did you enjoy the update? If you're confused , the previous chapter is Siwon's POV and here is Donghae's POV. Love development! ♥ ♥

And you guys better thank NfkLuvHyuk because she is the one who answered it right. Want to know what is it? I made Siwon as Hyukjae's brother cause I want him to gain some love! He is always hated in ff's. /pout/ Urgh.. I'm so tired. Comments for my hard work~? KyuHyuk foreword will be released within this week (to those who are interested) I'm so busy that I don't even get to read the updates of stories I subscribed to. Bye~ ^^