Never giving up.

Sweet Protection

"We didn't succeed and Taemin quitted." The man informed his boss. The other groaned. "Should I send a spy again?" "I don't think that's necessary because I'm sure they'll be more protective and won't let stranger be friends with Hyukjae suddenly." The underling nodded.

"Then , what do we do for now?" It was silent for a moment before the boss voiced out. "Leave them for a while and attack when they least expected it." "I got sir." The boss chuckled. "Fine then. I'll leave it all to you." "Yes sir." He said and the call ended.

Hyukjae spent the rest of his day off doing homeworks that Heechul had said and Zhoumi would sometimes teach him if he is confused about a certain topic. Donghae - who stopped schooling at 15 years old - could only watch in envy as the taller teach his lover. He regretted being a rebel. The younger still didn't know about Minho being a spy.  

"Hae , where are we going?" The younger asked as he tugged the older's sleeves. "Amusement park." "Hmm? For what?" The older turned around and poked the younger's nose. "D-A-T-E." The younger's face lighten up in realization. "Waah! What are we going to do here?" The younger asked as he eyed his surrounding.

The older looked dumbfoundedly at the younger. "You never went to an amusement park before?" The younger could only shook his head. "Appa was busy with his job so.. But I heard from my other friends that it was a fun place so what does amusement park does?" The younger asked in excitement.

Donghae handed him a pamphlet. "What ride should we go first?" "Oh! So we just have to ride rides here?" "Not only that , there's a game arcade , restaurant , gift shops and more." Hyukjae's face brighten up. "Let's ride the roller coaster." The younger just nodded at the older's suggestion , clueless as to what it was.

Tears was falling from his cheeks and the older panicked. "You didn't warn me anything about the ride! It was scary uwaaah!" The younger said and cried out loud. People was staring at them as if Donghae was at fault - well he was - but he has to get out of this situation. "I'll buy you strawberry ice-cream so please stop crying."

The younger stopped his crying and only sobs went out of his mouth from time to time. "Okay , let's get some ice-cream!" He said and childishly swing his hand that was holding Hyukjae's back and forth in order to cheer the other up. The younger pouted as he eat his ice-cream and glanced at the older. "What?" The pout deepened.

"You made me ride that scary thing." The older chuckled silently. "Aww please forgive me , it was fun to me but I see you weren't enjoying it , sorry." The younger turned away , sulking.  Donghae then figured out a way to cheer the other up and smiled to himself. He turned the younger around and pecked the other's lips , taking Hyukjae by surprise.

The younger flushed when he realized that the older just kissed him in public and covered his blushing cheeks. "Hae , people are looking at us weirdly." He said as he glanced their surrounding. The older wrapped his arms around the younger's waist. "Let them be , they're probably just jealous." The younger eyed the older before returning to eat his ice-cream.

"Agent Minho , where are you?" A beautiful diva said to his walkie talkie. "Ice-cream stall." Was the answer. The older furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Agent Taemin , what are you doing?" Instead of Taemin answering , Minho did it for him. "He's currently drowned in ice-cream heaven hyung. I already slapped him a few times already but he won't snap out of it." 

Heechul sighed. Taemin was addict to ice-cream because of Hyukjae's virus. He's everyone virus actually! Even Donghae was starting to eat sweet things for his lover. He himself was starting to like fried rice because the younger usually cooked it for him whenever he would come over to his and Siwon's house.

He shook his head before heading towards where his other two friends were. He pinched Taemin's cheek and the younger whined in pain. "Ah , hyung let go! It hurts!" Heechul glared at him. "Our mission is to spy on Donghae and Hyukjae! Not having fun." The younger pouted and nod his head in defeat.

"Arasso." He answered grumpily and followed the older with heavy steps. Minho who didn't like seeing the other unhappy , nudged him to catch his attention. "Let's run." He whispered and Taemin nodded with a smile. Both of them tip-toed quietly away from Heechul and ran at full speed once they were away from the older.

Heechul was fully aware of this but let them be. They both seem to be in stress lately and he wants them to relax for now. He continued spying on the couple. Hyukjae was eating his ice-cream while both of them laugh from time to time. They remind him of him with Siwon. Speaking of that , it's been 2 months since he left Korea.

'Two more months (I hope) hwaiting!' He thought and smiled to himself. The rest of the day was spent with childish and sometimes thrilling rides - to which always ended up making the younger teary. Heechul had been holding himself from punching Donghae every time he sees Hyukjae in that state but calmed down once the younger smiled.

"Did you guys had fun?" Zhoumi asked from the kitchen , cooking dinner because the couple was late. "Yup~!" Came the cheerful answer. The taller laughed once he saw the couple's matching bear ears on their heads. "Aww~ How cute!" He squealed and played with the ears. "It's cute right? But Hae looks like he's not enjoying it." He said and pouted while pointing to his lover.

"Pfft." Zhoumi had to close his mouth in order to suppress his laughter while Donghae glared at him. Hyukjae pouted before taking the bear ear off the older's head. "If you hate it so much , you should've told me and we wouldn't have wasted money for it." He said and sulked. "I'll just give Mr. Teddy his ears back."

Hyukjae said and proceeded on walking towards his bedroom. Donghae followed in order to comfort the sulking blond. "Lovebirds." Zhoumi sighed to himself and continued cooking. The atmosphere was cheerful when dinner came. Looks like the older succeeded in comforting the younger as he was being his usual self.

"Heechul hyung~!! I missed you!" The younger squealed as he ran towards him. He was absent for two weeks. "Did you finished your homework?" The younger nodded and clung onto his friend like a koala. Donghae could only witness it. "I'll take care of Hyukjae for now so go home first and be here before 2 pm arasso?!"

Donghae nodded. He didn't want the same thing to happen again and was being extra careful without being too noticeable. Taemin then tagged along. "We'll go ahead then hyung~!" He said and dragged Hyukjae ahead. "Bye Hae!" His lover yelled out before he disappeared from his sight. 

Heechul nudged him on the ribs. "Look after my dongsaeng when he's at home , alright?" "Yup. Geez. You're worrying too much." The other shot him a serious look. "We don't know who and when they're going to attack so we have to be on guard all the time." He had to nod in agreement. It was getting dangerous. 

"Oh yeah , what happened to your drug selling?" "Stopped it." Donghae answered as he shrugged , leaving the other to gape. "W-What? Why?" "It's tiring. To think that you might be killed any time soon and be chased around by drug addicts." Heechul scoffed. "You used to say that it was thrilling." 

Donghae sighed. "I was stupid back then." The other eyed him. "It's not because of that right? You changed because of Hyukjae. Well , people who he is attached to change for the good for his sake like Taemin." Heechul said and the other nodded. "But , what would happen if Siwon found out about my relationship with his brother?" 

That question left Heechul to think for a while before answering. "I bet he'll be against it but a pout and puppy eyes from Hyukjae would do it. Damn that face , everyone gets fooled with it." He said and Donghae couldn't agree more. "I'll go to class now. Go work at the cafe you're currently working in." The older looked at him , bewildered. "You knew?" "Of course."   

"Tell me his schedule." The underling searched for his pocket note book. "Wakes up at 7 am and lazy around. 7:07 am goes to bath and 7:15 makes breakfast , 7:36 goes to school , arrived at 7:51 and went to buy some strawberry milk at the cafeteria. 8 am - 2 pm school , arrives home at 2:15 , 2:20 cooks lunch , 3 pm eats lunch with Aiden. 3:14 wash the dishes with Aiden and does his homework from 3:23 pm to 5:37 pm."

He continued. "He and Aiden lazy around in their living room until 6:49 pm and went to bath after that. 7:03 prepares dinner , 7:23 eats dinner with Aiden , 7:37 washes the dishes , watching television while doing homework from 7:44 pm and sleep at 10 pm." The boss chuckled in satisfaction. "Good , is he monitored everyday?"

"Yes , sir. We change shifts and watch him for 24 hours." The underling answered. "Good." He could feel a smile judging from the tone his boss used. "Continue with your job. I don't plan on attacking for now. Maybe a few days later I would so prepare yourselves." "Yes , sir." The call ended.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yay~!! Update! OMG my right eye is swollen , I don't even know anymore. Like seriously! It's smaller than the left and I can't see much! What do I do? TT~TT