The book.

Sweet Protection

Hyukjae has been shy since their lovemaking and could not even look at Donghae's eyes. "Does your back hurts?" The younger shook his head shyly and lowered his head. The older chuckled seeing this sight of his fiancee. It was cute. "Come here." He said as he patted the space beside him on the bed.

The younger hesitate to go but went anyway. He gingerly sat beside his fiancee and the older put his arm on the other's shoulder. "Your back still hurts right?" Donghae asked after he watched how careful the other was being. Hyukjae nodded slightly , blushing madly when he remembered what they just did earlier.

"I'll get a cream to sooth it. Lay on the bed for a while okay?" His fiancee said and he just nodded. The ring he wore was shining and he found himself staring at it for minutes. It must've been expensive. That thought made him pout. Donghae just spent a lot of money just for their ring. Hyukjae then decided to ask his fiancee later on.

Applying the cream wasn't easy for Donghae as Hyukjae was too shy to take his pants off that he had to do it without looking at it. The younger sighed out in relief when the job was done and continued lying on the bed. The older then laid next to him and they intertwined their fingers together. They were deeply in love. 

The older pecked the younger forehead and lips before closing his eyes. "Hae.." "Yeah?" "Where did you bought our rings?" He saw how the older's face turned slightly sad and then he smiled bitterly. "It was my mom's and dad's. They entrusted it to me before going to heaven." The younger looked in admiration to the older. 

"They must've known they were suppose to die." The older sighed out and their intertwined fingers tightened. "But now I'm glad I have you." Donghae said as he smiled and pecked the younger's lips again to which Hyukjae responded by blushing. "I love you too." They smiled to themselves and slept with their hands intertwined and legs tangled in a mess. 

The next morning , Donghae helped his fiancee with cooking their breakfast and Hyukjae was glad. He couldn't move much because of yesterday and the older was making a fuss about it by quickly taking things that he needs for cooking. He even help him to mix the dough for their pancake together and the older would throw some of the flour to him.

In the end , they were a flour mess and they laughed when they saw each other in the mirror. Deciding it was time to bath , Hyukjae informed Donghae that he was about to do so when the older suddenly carried him bridal style to the bathroom. "Yah! Get out. I'm going to bath." The younger said as he pushed the older who remained unmove.

"It's not like I never saw you before Hyukkie." Donghae said with a smirk and his fiancee blushed. "S-Shut up! I still have my privacy." The younger said and pouted. The older turned around to give the younger a peck on the lips before going out of the bathroom with a slam on the door. "Geez , Hae is such ." He sighed out before turning the tap on. 

Their breakfast was cheery and they fed each other happily but sometimes Donghae would eat it from Hyukjae's mouth to which the younger would always blush and slap the older's shoulder. It was during the younger's nap time that he found the book Siwon had gave him in the younger's teddy bear bag. 

  • Touch him , you'll die.

Somehow , he founds Siwon threats not scary anymore. Oh , just how big his love for Hyukjae is?

  • In any emergency situation , do NOT make Hyukjae witness any blood. He's phobia of it and might have an asthma attack or faint so DON'T.

He kept that in his mind though.

  • If he's having a nightmare , just sing a lullaby to him while holding his hand and he'll be fast asleep.

He smiled at the advice. Siwon is really keen of his brother. Maybe after his father died , he only have Hyukjae as his family and decided to dedicate his life for him. That was until he met Heechul. But wait , even after having the other , Siwon still cares about his younger brother and he sighed to himself. 

He shouldn't have thought that family wasn't important and it was just where he came from but until the end , they smiled and handed their rings to Donghae before they got crashed by an upcoming car. "Give it to someone you love."  His mother had said and now he's just fulfilling her wish. He smiled at his sleeping fiancee before lying next to him. 

They went home that evening and was greeted by a bored Zhoumi. "Ah , finally! You guys came back. I thought you guys left me alone." The taller said and the younger chuckled. "Of course not!" He held his hand up to the taller's cheek in order to persuade him but the other's eyes caught something.

"Is that a ring?" Hyukjae went silent for a while and blushed while trying to pry Zhoumi's hand that was securing his left hand in order to inspect the ring. "Woah , it's so pretty!" The taller exclaimed and saw that Donghae was also wearing a similar one. "Oh! When are you guys planning on marrying? Heechul and I'll be designing your wedding. It'll be superb!" 

Hyukjae blushed even redder while Donghae shook his head in disbelieve. "We still didn't plan that out so for now , we're just engaged." Zhoumi nodded and added. "But if you're getting married , inform me!" He said before continuing to admire the ring. 

The older was drinking in the middle of the night when he felt like he was being watched. He glanced around him but didn't found anything irregular. He then looked out of the window beside the sink and saw something shining from the corner of his eyes and instinctively turned to it's direction.

Something was shining from the building next to his apartment. He squinted his eyes and was shocked when he realized what it was. A gun. He instantly bowed down and a bullet shattered the window. He quickly went to wake Zhoumi up and ordered him to protect Hyukjae as he wore his bulletproof vest. The taller plugged the younger's ear to prevent being deaf because of the loud gunshots.

The younger looked at him in confusion and was about to go out of the room when Zhoumi prevented him. "It's dangerous outside ." The younger's eyes went teary. "Where is Hae?" The taller gulped on his saliva , deciding whether or not to answer the question. "He's outside." Hyukjae struggled. He didn't like this one bit.

There were multiple sound of gunshots and Donghae was the only one outside. The thought scared him. He struggled harder and Zhoumi hugged him in order to restrain his action. Hyukjae punched the taller's chest weakly. "Hae.." He whispered and his legs gave up. They both slid down the door and the taller sighed. 

He heard sobs coming out from the younger's mouth and hugged him tighter. "Everything will be alright I promise you." The younger clutched his shirt above his heart , it was beating fast from his nervousness. He was scared. What if something happened to Donghae and he didn't realize it? 

His door room was banged from outside and Zhoumi pushed him aside to block the door with a wardrobe. Hyukjae panicked. "What if it's Donghae who's banging on the door?" He said as he tried to stop the taller's action. "He won't do something like this , I know. And he's fully armed so no need to worry." The taller said and patted the younger's head before continuing what he was doing.

"Minho , get the here!" Donghae yelled out in frustration as he hid behind the dining table. He knew the younger knew well about his situation and cut the line to continue the war. His house was a mess by now but he couldn't care less as Hyukjae's safety is his first priority. He estimated about 5 guys that had forced their way inside.

He shot 2 guys that was banging on Hyukjae's door to stop the younger from worrying and turned to his back to shoot another one. He was a well trained mafia and he use his sense to detect where they are instead of using technology. His front door then busted open to reveal a well armed Minho. He instantly shoot the first guy he saw. Donghae joined in and in the next second , all of them were defeated.

The windows in the room shattered. "! I forgot the windows!" Zhoumi cursed and pulled the horror struck Hyukjae to hide in the bathroom with him. They hid in the bathtub since it was the only solid thing around. They stayed quiet and soon the door was banged on. "I'm scared." The younger whispered and the older tightened his embrace around the other. 

God , save us.

Maybe his prayer was heard as he heard a heavy object fell to the floor causing it to shake a bit. Someone had pushed the wardrobe. Hyukjae peeked from his shoulders but he pushed him down in order for him not to witness any horrifying scene. The door to the bathroom broke and he closed his eyes tightly as he hugged the younger.

"Hyukkie! I'm so glad you're fine!" Zhoumi heard a voice he haven't heard for months and widen his eyes in surprise. "B-Boss?" "Hyung!" The younger ran to hug his older brother. "I missed you!" Siwon smiled before pecking Hyukjae's forehead. "Me too. Now , let's run out of here." The taller smelled something burnt. The apartment was burning! 

"Where's Hae?!" Hyukjae shouted in haste as he pinched his nose in order not to inhale the smoke. "Your safety is my first priority." The younger didn't like one bit of the answer and let go of the older's hand. "I'm searching for him!" He said in determination and went into the apartment. "I'll go get him!" The taller said but then the fire was raging even more.

"Hae!" Hyukjae shouted and coughed when he accidentally inhaled some smoke. "Hyukkie , stay back!" He heard the other's voice coming from his bedroom. His eyes went teary because of the feverish hotness. Donghae then ran to him and handed him his precious teddy bear bag. He smiled.

"Let's go."

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The next chapter is epilouge~ Be prepared! ^^ Updated today because I was on a holiday yesterday at LEGOLAND~ It was fun and I think I lost a few calories xD