Progress.

Sweet Protection

Today was just another normal day for me. "Ireonaaa!!! Hyung ireonaa!" I heard the screech as my alarm ringtone and smiled. It was the voice of my younger brother I had recorded and has been using it as my alarm ringtone since I left Korea - in order to contain my longing of the other's happy-go-lucky self.

I groaned before I sat up and turned off the alarm. Jungsu then walked in to arrange my clothing and inform my schedule as usual. "Today , you will have a meeting with Mr. Jung. In the afternoon , Mr. Park and dinner with Mr. Kwon." I nodded and went into shower to make myself presentable.

I wore the suit Jungsu had handed me and thanked him in which he returned with a smile. It has been years since Jungsu is my secretary and he's really good at working. I wonder where I'm going to send him after this business is gone. He must be sad if I leave him to work wherever he want.

"What are you thinking about Mr. Choi?" Jungsu asked , snapping me out of my train of thoughts. "Nothing in particular." I said with a small smile to encourage him. "I bet you missed Hyukjae." He said while ironing my other suits. "Yup ,  and Heechul too." I whispered slightly though he heard it and he chuckled. "I miss them around too."

When it was time , we went to the lobby and headed to the meeting venue. It was hard to encourage Mr. Jung that there was more company that have the same amount of drugs as ours but after a while , I succeeded in persuading him. I sighed in tiredness when we were heading to the next location of meeting. 

"Tired already?" Jungsu who was driving asked. I smiled tiredly and he handed me a sandwich. "Eat , in order to get some energy." I nodded and ate it. He then handed me a mineral bottle. Jungsu opened the door once we have arrived and gave a 'hwaiting' gesture in which I returned it with a bitter smile.

"Why do you suddenly want to break off our contract?" Mr. Park asked as he looked at me with a displeased face. "I'm afraid the answer is personal." I answered as politely as I can and fake smiled at him. Mr. Park looked at me intently before flashing a fake smile back. "I guess I can accept your reason. With one condition though." 

I gave him a gesture , telling him to continue speaking. "Give all the drugs left now." I shook my head in disapproval. "I'm afraid I can't do that." "Half? Quarter? Please , I'll give you as much money as you want!" He said desperately and I looked at him in pity. This is what happens when people gets to attached and dependent on drugs.

"I'm sorry but we are already out of drugs." I said - it was half true. From the distance , I could hear a clicking sound and quickly twisted the bodyguard's hand to his back before he got a chance to shot. Everyone looked in shock at me and I smirked before pointing a gun towards Mr. Park , who in return covered his head in fright.

"Fine! I won't ask anything! You can go!" He yelled out. I dragged the bodyguard with me to the door and ran once I was out. Jungsu who was leaning on the car , saw me running towards him and immediately started the engine. "How was the meeting?" He asked when we were out of the building.

It took me a while to answer his question as I was trying to calm my breath down. "He asked for drugs in return and tried to shoot me." "Desperate for drugs eh?" I just nodded in reply and leaned my back against the seat. "Where are we going?" "Lunch. We still have a few more hours before your dinner with Mr. Kwon."

We ate lunch and went to the hotel back for rest. "What is Hyukjae doing for today?" "Attending university. I just hope Donghae read the book you gave him." I scoffed. "That bastard is stubborn as hell. He doesn't like to be ordered around." Jungsu smiled while nodded. "I hope he'll change one day. He's been like that since his father left him."

"Yeah. Maybe Hyukjae'll do that?" Jungsu looked at me judgingly. "Maybe." He then said with a smile. 

"Oh , ending our contract? That's quite early I might say." Confused , was what I thought but will not show it through my expression. "What do you mean by 'early'?" I asked as I faked a smile , I've been a pro at it since I got involved in this business. "Well , 3 weeks ago , I saw Aiden with a blond in a cafe. They'll make a good couple , I might say." 

He said with a smirk as I clenched my fists. "I don't understand what you are saying." He looked sideways. "Eh , trying to play dumb huh? That blond is your younger brother right? He quite pretty. Must be precious to you." He lifted his wine glass and looked at me from the side , the smirk never leaving his lips.

"I think I understand you. Having a pretty blond as a younger brother is really tough. To protect him from erts and thugs I mean. I guess that's the reason of breaking our contract. I'm quite smart too you know." I gritted my teeth though making sure to show an emotionless face. I will never let anyone know my weakness.

"I guess you're talking about Aiden's friend? Sure , that blond is pretty but he is already owned and I might add his boyfriend is more muscular than any of your bodyguards." I saw Mr. Kwon gulped and smirked to himself. "I'll excuse myself now and our contract is over." I said before leaving a few bills on the table.

"What did you saw?" I asked one of my underlings who were disguising as a waiter after the dinner was over. "Mr. Kwon just shoved your money off the table and went away though I heard him mumble something." "And what is that?" "Something like: he'll get that blond or something. Though , my ears could misheard." I sighed out before dismissing him.

"Mr. Kwon is really stubborn eh?" Jungsu stated as he saw my messed up face. I just nodded in return and loosened my necktie , it's been suffocating me. "It'll be a month since you left Korea and went to New York." I looked up at him in realization , since I went overseas I lost track of time. "God , I miss him." I sighed out and Jungsu chuckled.

"There's still a lot of work waiting for the next weeks and months." I groaned out lazily and threw myself onto the bed. Hmm , so comforting. "Change before sleep , you'll crumple the suit!" Jungsu complained and before he got a chance to nag , I changed my clothes. Youngwoon hyung would know how much of a mother Jungsu is towards me and the others. 

My phone was buzzing and I looked at the clock , it was only 9 am and someone was already calling me. I groaned and took the phone into my hand only to look at it in confusion as the ID was 'Stubborn Bastard'. Why was he calling me? Deciding that it must have something to do with Hyukjae , I picked it up.

It was indeed about my cutie brother. I had yelled at him for not finishing reading the book that had all of Hyukjae's fact. Hell! I spent days on that! How can he just throw it out of the window?! I think I'll really kill him one day though why did my brother suddenly stopped taking his iron pills? He would do that if he's too stressed over something.

That kid , always keeping his thoughts to himself and stressing himself over it. I wonder why he's like that? But he'll say his thoughts if he can't handle it or if we press him in the subject so I don't need to worry much. Though , I'm still worried about him. What can I do? He's too clueless , though the blame is on me. I was too overprotective of him but who wouldn't? I quickly typed a text for my lover and sent it.

Darling ,

How are you doing? Did you miss me? Teehee~ ♥ Well I missed you so you should too! It's been quite smooth to break the contracts so far but we still don't know about the future so we'll have to be on guard every time. Look out for Mr. Kwon men cause he's the most suspicious one. Please watch over baby Hyukkie , he's still not okay on his own and report to me anything if you feel someone around you is suspicious. And don't bother to reply , it'll be expensive.

- ♥ Your beloved Wonnie

 

I chuckled at how cheesy it seems. When I was about to get up , my phone vibrated for a moment - indicating a message.

Jagiya ,

I'm doing fine! And of course I missed you , you bastard. Ah really? Keep up the good work and hwaiting! I'll tell Donghae about Mr. Kwon so no worries! Baby Hyukkie puts others first instead of himself so I'm quite worried. :/ I'll promise I'll stick to him more! Aww~ You're worried about money? Nah , I have quite enough to pay for overseas call so no worries! Take care too Wonnie!

- ♥ Your beloved diva princess

 

I chuckled at our cheesiness. 'Diva princess' hmm? Well , it suits him so I'll not argue with it. Jungsu went into my room to tell my schedule as usual. Three more months. Just three more months and then I can go back to Korea to start a carefree life. Just you wait Hyukkie! 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Yup! A double update! Go to next chapter! It took me two days to write this chapter and it's already 4:27 am. Gonna write the next chapter tomorrow!

16/2/2013 - 4:27 am.