CHAPTER 12- Success

In My World

            The girls, as well as the staffs continued their conversation inside SM's conference hall. Their manager, who is in-charge of their activities, discussed the plans for them.

 

                “Due to some technical problems, we decided to postpone the release of your first mini-album and change the title track.” He announced.

                “Uhm, so what’s the plan now?”  Tiffany asked.

                “We contacted E-Tribe and made a deal with them. After this meeting, we will go to the recording studio and we will let you hear the demo version of your new single.” The manager answered.

 

                The girls were really excited. After the meeting, everyone went to the recording studio.

                “Okay girls; go to your respective places now.” The sound director said. They started listening to the demo version. The girls were really impressed but not Taeyeon.

                “W-wait. Are you sure we’re going to use this as title track?” She asked.

                “Yes. What’s the problem with that?” One of the staff answered her with a question.

                “It’s…..too cute.”

                “That’ll do.”

 

 

The next day, the girls started their album jacket photoshoot and after two days, posters of the girls wearing roller skates were posted on various parts in Seoul as part of the girls’ much-awaited comeback after the nine-month hiatus. The posters become a hot topic among Koreans. Everyone is excited for it. On January 5th, they finally released their newest single Gee on online music sites, and they released the physical album on 7th January. Their new album achieved an all-kill by topping various music charts. After the week of its release, they went number 1 on Korean music shows such as Music Bank, Inkigayo and others. Their newest song first tied with Wonder Girls’ hit Nobody with 6 consecutive weeks of win, then broke the record with their 7th win and remained until the 8th and made a new record after winning for the ninth time. It was indeed the real start of the girls’ career.

While enjoying their success and having more time with the press and their fans, Seohyun forgot that she has a boyfriend who is patiently waiting for her. After their last promotion for Gee, she decided to meet up with Seungri to apologize and to make it up for him.

“Hey…” She grinned.

“Oh, hi.” Seungri answered. It was indeed a very awkward situation for the two.

“Sorry for spending a little time with you. It’s just that---“

 

Seungri stopped her and gave her a warm and tight embrace instead. Seohyun felt the warmness of his body and smiled. It’s a peaceful night for them. They ate at Seungri’s favorite restaurant and spent the remaining time playing at Lotte. They both enjoyed it, especially Seohyun, who is tired because of the non-stop promotions and events. Maybe it’s not enough but for Seungri, it’s the best late Christmas gift.

After a short break, Girls’ Generation released their 2nd mini-album “Tell Me Your Wish” and became successful again. They attended a lot of events after that. The next year, the group had non-stop promotions for their releases. They released Oh!, their 2nd full length album, Run Devil Run as the repackaged album, Hoot, their 3rd mini-album and started promoting in Japan. These factors affected Seohyun and Seungri’s relationship. After months of waiting, Seungri finally made a decision. He decided to meet Seohyun after the girls attended an awarding ceremony.

They went to a simple yet cozy resto bar at the east. Seohyun greeted him by planting a soft and sweet peck on his left cheek. He then pecked hers back, smiling a bit.

           "I missed you, babe." said Seohyun.

           "I missed you too"

           "So uhm, why did you call?"

           "Well, Seohyun, I need to tell you something.......something that is really important."

           "Go ahead."

Seungri stopped fiddling his fingers and looked at her seriously.

 

P/S: Short update :| I'm on a vacation.