Chapter 5

Arranged Marriage to a Jerk aka Kim Jaeseop

 

~Min-Su's POV~
 
*Hmm, what should I make for breakfast today?* I thought as I leaned against the kitchen bench.
 
"Yah, Min-Su," I heard the jerk's voice from upstairs.
 
"What?" I snapped.
 
 "Where's my phone?" I heard him yell.
 
A smirk slipped onto my face, "how should I know, is it my phone or yours?" I answered as I put my hand into my pocket to make sure it was still there. 
 
"Last night I put it on the bedside table and now it's not there and as far as I know, it's only the two of us living here," he continued to yell.
 
"Whatever, I don’t know where your phone is," I said and turned to get the things out of the cupboard when I finally decided to make pancakes. 
 
"Park Min-Su, don't lie to me, you have my phone don't you?" I could hear his footsteps as he stormed down the stairs. 
 
"Yeah, yeah whatever," I murmured as I continued to take the ingredients out. 
 
"Hey, hand me my phone," I heard behind me.
 
I turned around to face him, "Like I said-," but I couldn't finish my sentence because of what I saw next. 
 
Aj standing there, in front of me with nothing except sweat pants on; meaning he was standing there shirtless. 
 
I gulped as I froze on the spot. My eyes grew as wide as saucers as I stared at his toned chest. 
 
When I finally came to my senses, I turned around before you could even say 'beautiful.'
 
"YAH, STUPID IDIOT, COULDN'T YOU PUT A SHIRT ON BEFORE YOU CAME DOWN. IN CASE YOU FORGOT, A YOUNG FEMALE GIRL LIVES IN THIS HOUSE," 
 
"What can I do, I'm too y for my shirt," he replied.
 
"WHAT?" I screamed turning around only to turn back because he was still standing there.
 
"I'm…too...y….for...my….shirt," he said slowly.
 
"I heard what you said idiot, but that is a stupid reason, go back up stairs and put a shirt on,"
 
"Not until you give my phone back,"
 
"I don't-,"
 
"Don't try lying; I know you have it,"
 
"I'm not giving it back. It's revenge for kissing me and throwing me off the bed. You have to spend a whole day without your phone," I said with my back to him.
 
"Are you sure you're not going to give it back," I suddenly felt his warm breath on my neck as he said that right into my ear.
 
"YAH," I quickly moved back, "what is up with you, you're so creepy,"
 
"Phone," he said moving towards with me with his palm out.
 
"No,"
 
"Really?" he asked raising his eyebrows as he started nearing me. I moved back only to hit the fridge.
 
Dammit, I was cornered. 
 
"Okay here, don't come any closer," I said quickly placing his phone into his palm.
 
"Hah, it's so fun teasing you. You actually thought I would do something? Please, I hate you, I wouldn't even touch you," he laughed and turned to go back upstairs.
 
"Hey, you're too ugly, put a shirt on," I snapped behind him.
 
"You're just jealous,"
 
"Jealous of what?"
 
"Jealous, that you can't wake up to this every morning," he said pointing to his chest.
 
"That's it, you're dead," I said chasing him.
 
He only laughed and ran upstairs, running into the bathroom and locking it.
 
"Yah, I'm not letting this go," I yelled as I heard him start the shower.
 
~Lunch with the Parents (Aj's House)~
 
"It's so good that we can catch up with the both of you today, it's been so long since we met you both together," Aj's mum exclaimed as she set the last dish down onto the table and took a seat next to Aj's dad.
 
"Yes it is," My mum added.
 
"It's only been a week and a half mum," Aj snapped.
 
I nudged him in his stomach, such a rude person.
 
"Anyway, so how have you guys been?" my dad started ignoring Aj's comment.
 
"We've been good," I smiled.
 
"That's good to hear,"
 
"Do you know, the other day," Aj's mum started, "I had a dream that Min-Su and Jaeseop both came over to visit but they also had kids, their own kids. They were twins, boy and girl, so I have a feeling that their first child or children will be twins," she smiled.
 
I could feel my face heating up at the story and I saw Aj clutching onto his cutlery so tight that his knuckles were going white. I could tell this subject was really annoying him.
 
"I can't wait when Min-Su and Jaeseop have kids, I can already tell the kids are going to be absolutely beautiful," my mum added.
 
"It would be a dream come true for me to see Jaeseop's kids. To be a grandfather would be the happiest feeling," Aj's dad added.
 
"I'm going to spoil them rotten," My father joined in to the conversation.
 
I felt so embarrassed so I just continued eating to avoid any awkwardness. Aj and I can't even stay in the same room without arguing; and to have kids is just out of the question.
 
"So what do you guys do in your spare time?" Aj's mum asked us.
 
"Nothing much, we just stay home doing our own stuff,” I said finally relieved that they'd dropped the topic of children. 
 
"That's no good," AJ's dad exclaimed, "Jaeseop, be a man. You should take her out on dates and sightseeing and things like that. Not make the poor girl sit and home and be bored out of her mind,"
 
Aj did not answer but continued to angrily eat his food with a scowl on his face.
 
"Honestly, its fine, I don’t' mind," I smiled.
 
"Don’t be polite, if you want to go somewhere, tell Jaeseop. Force him if he doesn't listen," My mother-in-law stated.
 
"Oh don't worry, Jaeseop is busy with U-Kiss and his studies, Min-Su can wait until he has some time off," my mum exclaimed.
 
"Jaeseop, you have such polite in-laws and wife, you should treat her out. I'm sure she would love to experience new things," Jaeseop's dad shot.
 
"ENOUGH," Aj yelled slamming his hands on the table; everyone went quiet after the shock of Aj's burst.
 
"Aj," I hissed.
 
"Stop it, all of you. I don’t want to treat her out nor have kids with her, I'm sorry but I dislike her, very strongly. We can't even have a normal conversation without arguing and this marriage is annoying. You just forced me into a stupid marriage and I hate it, so much. It’s annoying living with someone that I don't like or get along with. These fantasies you guys are thinking of will never come true," he snapped and got up and walked out of the dining hall. 
 
All the parents were still in shock and then slowly turned to me.
 
"Look, Aj is somewhat right. It's really hard for the both of us because this marriage was so quick and sudden that we didn't get to know each other and see if we like each other. It's really difficult and we're both unhappy with this marriage. Sorry, please excuse me," I quietly spoke and also got up and left the table.
 
*Gosh, I wonder what’s going to happen now*
 
~Half an hour later~
 
The parents had called me and Aj down into the lounge room because they had something to discuss with us. I had a feeling that the discussion had something to do with our outburst about our marriage.
 
"Sit down kids," father-in-law ushered as Aj and I walked in with our mothers. The mums went and sat down next to each other while Aj and I had to sit together since they were no other seats left.
 
"So, after we heard about your feelings about your marriage," my dad started once everyone was comfortably seated, "we would like to apologise to both of you for making you get married so quickly with only short notice,"
 
"So we've come to a conclusion," Aj's father now started, "you guys have to stay married and continue living in the same household until the end of the year, and if by then you still hate each other and can't get along, we'll give you the choice to divorce each other, is that okay?" 
 
"Why do we have to wait until the end of the year, why not now or next month?" Aj snapped angrily.
 
"That's the condition Jaeseop, take it or you get no choice or say at all," his mum scolded him.
 
"Fine, if that's the only option, then fine I'll do it, but on New Year’s Eve, I'm officially divorcing her so I can start fresh the following year," he snapped and got up and walked away. 
 
*Ouch, does he hate me that bad; I bet he's going to throw a party when we're divorced. Jerk, I don't like you that much either but I'm not so harsh to you about it*
 
*                   *                   *
Hey there!
 
Sorry, it’s been a while but here is the update!
 
Welcome to my new subscribers and thank you so much for your support, it means a lot to me :) Also please comment and let me know what you thought of this chapter, whether you liked or disliked it, I would like to know! I’m sorry that I don’t reply to your comments, it’s because my computer doesn’t let me reply to comments for some odd reason, I have no idea why :/ But I really do appreciate the awesome comments and I enjoy reading them^^ Thank you for your support once again and I look forward to more lovely comments.
Take Care everyone!!