Chapter 1

Arranged Marriage to a Jerk aka Kim Jaeseop

 

"Umma, I'm not getting married," Aj said to his mum for the fifth time.
 
"But sweet heart, it’s for your own good," she replied.
 
"Why? Why is getting married best for me?"
 
"So you can stop being so immature, I don't like it that you go out and drink every weekend, and flirt with girls but are not serious about relationships, the longest relationship you ever had was 2 months Jaesop," she exclaimed.
 
"But Umma, I don't want to get married, I'm too young,"
 
"You're not too young, you're 22 now, when your father and I got married, we were 20 years old"
 
"Well you guys are different, I'm not ready to end my life," he said exasperated flopping onto the couch.
 
"Don't be ridiculous Jaesop, your life becomes so much better once you get married, and you get to spend your life with someone you love,"
 
"But I'm not in love with that stupid girl you want me to marry, I hardly even know her," 
 
"You will soon fall in love with her and you'll thank me later, trust me," she replied.
 
"Umma, why can't you wait for me to find my girl?"
 
"Because you've been acting immature for the past few years, all you do is flirt which causes headlines, and when was the last time you had a long and serious relationship?"
 
"The one with Amy,"
 
"That lasted 2 weeks," she said giving him a narrowed look.
 
"Okay, I'll stop being immature but please don't make me marry that stupid girl," Aj begged his mom. 
 
"Park Min-Su is not stupid, she is a very sweet girl," she explained, "and last time you were being immature, I warned you that I'll arrange a marriage for you if you didn't settle down and you took the threat lightly, now you're going to suffer the consequences, you're getting married no matter what," 
 
"But umma-," Aj started.
 
"No buts Kim Jaesop," Aj's father exclaimed walking into the lounge room.
 
"We are meeting the Parks tomorrow and in the next few days we will start planning the wedding," his father explained to Aj.
 
"You guys ," Aj muttered and stormed out of the house.
 
~Meanwhile at the Parks~
 
"What? Appa you can't do that," Park Min-Su exclaimed, her eyes bulging out of her sockets as her father told her the news.
 
"Its tradition Min-Su, your mother and I were arranged married, your grandparents were and so were the generation before, you can't possibly break the family tradition," her father explained.
 
"But I want to find love," 
 
"You can find love in your marriage, look at how successful the marriages were in our family tree and we were all arranged married," Min-Su's mother stated. 
 
"But Umma, I don't want to marry this weirdo," she said staring at the photo of the guy, that her mum handed her when her parents told her the news. 
 
"Park Min-Su, have some respect, the Kim's are a very well-respected family, and I've heard that Kim Jaesop is in a famous kpop group," her father said sternly.
 
"I'm too young," Min-Su continued to protest.
 
"No you’re not sweetie, the boys in our family all get married at 22 and the girls at 21,"
 
"Why can't I marry at 22?"
 
"Because then you'll break the tradition,"
 
"Damn tradition," muttered Min-Su under her breath so her parents couldn’t hear. 
 
"I don't want to marry him," Min-Su shouted throwing the photo onto the floor.
 
"We've done so much for you, the least you could do is follow the family tradition," Min-Su's parents started to pull the guilt card.
 
"We paid the high fees for you to attend International school, we also paid for your expensive dance classes ever since you started school and-," 
 
"Okay, I get it," Min yelled holding her head in her hands. She couldn't believe her parents were now pulling the guilt card on her. But they were right, they had given her lots of freedom and opportunities in life and she was thankful for that, they also paid for anything she'd wanted so they kind of did have a right to say those things. 
 
"Fine, I'll marry him for you guys," she said fighting back angry tears and stormed up to her room without waiting for their reply. 
 
 
*                   *                  *
 
Helloo!
So what did you think of this chapter..it was kind of boring :( Sorry about that..but's it just the beginning, just to give you a clear understanding. Anyway..I'm going to skip the whole wedding scene and stuff, too long to write :/ And the first 2 chapters are in 3rd person but after that, they will be in the characters POV.
I hope that you like it and please leave a comment below! Oh yeah..and also subscribe :) Will be much appreciated ^^
I will hopefully upload Chapter 2 tomorrow..it's ready but just needs a bit of editing.
That's all for now....Byeeeee!!