Caught

Twist of Fate

 

That rude jerk just had to ruin my day. It's already getting late and I still hadn't met up with Minho oppa.
 
Dara's stride slowed down and soon, she felt hot tears trickling down her cheeks. She wiped it inelegantly with the back of her hand, unsure of why she was crying.
 
You're an idiot, Dara. Why are you crying?
 
She tried to convince herself that she was just angry but in reality, she actually felt hurt by what Jiyong said. She was standing in the middle of the street, earning numerous odd stares from passers-by but she doesn't care. She looked up, hoping that her hot tears won't spill anymore, then she suddenly felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around only to encounter the guy who made her cry. Without thinking twice, she tried to flee but only to be stopped by his strong grip. She froze on the spot. 
 
Why do I feel sparks whenever he touches me? This doesn't make sense. Nothing makes sense anymore.
 
"Let go of me!" Dara demanded, trying to pull away from him while fighting back the impending tears at the same time.
 
Jiyong didn't even flinch. She looked up at him only to find him panting heavily, his cheeks were flushed and soft eyes were staring at her and she could still see her handprint on his face. She must've slapped him real hard, it left an ugly pattern on his face.
 
Did he run all the way here? Why? Why would he-
 
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean what I said back then." He finally apologized, she could see the sincerity in his eyes.
 
What's with the sudden change of heart?
 
Dara stayed silent for a moment, not knowing whether to forgive him or not. Just then, someone in the background caught her attention. Someone who looked really familiar.
 
Is that... Minho oppa? 
 
Dara continued to look at the familiar figure from afar, craning her neck a little to get a better look, she was unintentionally ignoring Jiyong and when he finally noticed that she wasn't paying attention to him, he diverted his gaze to where she was staring. To his surprise, he thought he saw Sohee holding hands with another guy, she was acting really affectionate towards him, as if they were a thing. To justify his suspicion, he turned around to get a better look. 
 
Unbeknownst to both of them, they mindlessly inched a little closer to the 'couple', who were kissing blatantly in the middle of the street. Luckily, they were out of earshot when both said in unison,
 
"Minho oppa?" Dara uttered.
 
"Sohee?" Jiyong uttered.
 
Dara and Jiyong turned towards each other with a stupefied expression on their faces.
 
"You know her?" Dara asked.
 
"You know him?" Jiyong asked.
 
Again, they were stunned.
 
"He's my boyfriend." Dara admitted.
 
"She's my girlfriend." Jiyong admitted.
 
"What?" They said in unison again, for the umpteenth time.
 
"Stop copying me!" Dara bellowed.
 
Then, realization dawned on them. Their partners were cheating on them, what's more surprising was that, out of all the seven billion people in the world, it had to be Minho and Sohee, whom Dara and Jiyong loved respectively.
 
How could he cheat on me? She thought.
 
How could she cheat on me? He thought.
 
Fresh new tears started to form on Dara's eyes, while Jiyong just stood beside her, not knowing what to say or do. Jiyong was equally mad, disappointed, stunned and most especially hurt; to catch their lovers cheating on them. It was unprecedented, he never would've thought that Sohee would cheat on him while he was away on a vacation.
 
The sun had set and Dara decided to trudge, just following where her feet took her. She did not care about anything at that moment as it was such a huge blow to her. All this while, she wanted to surprise Minho but instead, she was the one who was surprised. Thinking about it made her heart twist painfully in her chest. Little did she know, Jiyong was trailing behind her silently. 
 
Dara pivoted to her left, approaching the traffic light. She didn't stop even though the traffic lights were still red, she was oblivious to her surroundings. She become adrift with reality, at that moment, she couldn't care less if she died. She saw specks of white light flashing and the next thing she knew, she was being hauled by a pair of strong arms.
 
"Snap out of it! What were you thinking? Jeez." Jiyong scowled, but with a hint of worry in his voice.
 
Dara, on the other hand, did not respond but she just stared blankly at Jiyong. Her eyes glassy and somewhat distant. Knowing that she wouldn't reply anytime soon, Jiyong took her hand and walked off. Dara felt the familiar warmth spreading through her hand. She felt safe.
 
"Let's get out of here." Jiyong muttered. They walked hand-in-hand, ignoring the curious looks they were receiving from the passers-by.
 
It's over, she thought.
 
It's over, he thought. 
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
A/n: Hi guys. Another update for you. Hope you're liking the story so far. It's gonna get interesting from now on, I guess. Anyway, welcome new readers. \(^-^)/