That morning

Twist of Fate

 

The next morning...
 
Dara felt that she was being enveloped in warmth and it was so comfortable. Pulling up the blanket, she nestled closer to 'it' and it moved, only to bring her closer. It was a strange feeling but she was contented. She exhaled in content and felt 'it' breathing back. She thought it was weird how a 'pillow' could breathe but she just brushed it off.
 
Then, a saccade string of continuous beep harassed her ears. Groaning in annoyance, she reached for it but only to touch something smooth and warm.
 
When did my alarm clock get so smooth and warm? 
 
Unknowingly, she continued to caress it, touching almost every nook and cranny of it and and soon, it groaned, causing her to jerk her hand immediately.
 
That's weird.
 
Her eyes shot open and was astounded to find herself incredibly close to a really handsome face. His nose touching her nose, his eyes still closed. She felt his big strong arms around her, pulling her close to his body, his legs were tangled with hers and she could feel his warmth. Entranced by his manly and godly appearance, she failed to notice something poking her stomach.
 
When she finally realized what it was that was uncomfortably poking her lower body, she gasped and screaming her lungs out in utter shock.
 
"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Dara screeched, startling Jiyong from his peaceful sleep.
 
Jiyong's eyes shot open to find Dara staring back at him with a gobsmacked expression, eyes as wide as saucers and mouth hanging open like as if she'd just seen a ghost. Jiyong groaned, closed his eyes shut, withdrawing his hand from her slim waist and covered his ears to block out her ear-splitting scream.
 
Just then, something clicked in his head. He took a big gulp and opened his eyes once more, still greeted with the same expression. Realization dawned on him and he, too, exploded in shock.
 
"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" Jiyong screamed just like Dara, but his voice more husky and deep.
 
It took a moment for him to calm down but was still in a state of shock.
 
Both of them sat upright and their eyes averted to the blankets covering them. Noticing that they're to the bone under the sheets, a cacophony of a screams was heard once more. Dara blushed crimson with embarrassment and pointed at Jiyong accusingly, who still had a dumbfounded look on his face.
 
Oh god! Why am I ? 
 
"Y-you! W-wh w-hat are you d-doing here? Dara stuttered incoherently, while clutching the blanket close to her with one hand, accidentally taking up most of it, leaving Jiyong with nothing but a pillow to cover his you-know-what.
 
"I should be asking you that! What are you doing on my bed?" Jiyong retorted, staring back at Dara with a puzzled look, and covering his lower body with a mere pillow.
 
"Y-your bed? Y-you mean-" Dara trailed, looking around suspiciously.
 
True enough, she was in an unfamiliar room. She pressed her lips together, thinking hard but she couldn't remember anything.
 
"I- I don't remember sleeping on your bed! Why am I here?" Dara pondered, brows knitted together.
 
"How am I supposed to know?" Jiyong replied.
 
"Well, it's your bed!" Dara bellowed. "How the hell did I get here?"
 
Jiyong didn't know how to respond to that so he just pulled his blanket to cover his body, earning a gasp from Dara.
 
"Give it to me!" Jiyong demanded, pulling hard at the blanket.
 
"No! Give it to me!" Dara protested, pulling harder.
 
"Yah! It's my blanket!" Jiyong reasoned.
 
"But I'm !" Dara retorted back, embarrassed that she said it out loud.
 
"So? I'm also !" Jiyong whined. "Why are you anyways?"
 
"Why are YOU ? Did you me last night?" Dara accused.
 
"Mwoh? I you?" Jiyong asked incredulously. "Please. It's more like you me! You couldn't resist my hot body, can you?" He continued.
 
"Mwoh?! Are you kidding me?" 
 
"Do I look like I'm kidding right now?" Jiyong said with a stern expression.
 
"Aish. Get away!!!! Get away from me this instant you jerk!" Dara bellowed, kicking Jiyong harshly, sending him flying off the bed and afterwards, throwing him all the pillows.
 
"Stop throwing the damn pillows at me! What did I do? For all I know you attacked me in my sleep last night!" Jiyong shouted.
 
"I don't remember sleeping on your bed last night! You brought me here, didn't you?!" Dara continued screaming at him.
 
"I- I don't remember anything!" Jiyong confessed, scratching his head.
 
"You jerk! You took advantage of me!"
 
Dara continued to throw stuff at him, whatever she could find around her. Jiyong tried to dodge but it hit him in the face; catching him off-guard, causing his hand to slip. Therefore, the pillow that was covering his private part fell onto the floor with a light thud.
 
Dara stopped throwing a fit and looked directly at Jiyong junior... Her eyes went wide and her jaw dropped.
 
Oh my god! W-what is that monster? 
 
Dara was staring at it like it was something that she've never seen before. Her cheeks turned a deep shade of pink and turned away instantly. But she found herself looking back at him, she didn't know why.
 
Jiyong noticed she was staring and he tried to cover himself with his hands as much as he could.
 
"Yah! Where do you think you're looking?"  Jiyong muttered under his breath.
 
Dara didn't respond. She just stared blankly. Basically, she was rendered speechless.
 
"Yah! Stop staring! You saw didn't you?" Jiyong accused, eyes shooting daggers at her.
 
"I-I didn't see anything!!!" Dara said defensively.
 
"Stop lying. You saw it. Your eyes went wide like this..." Jiyong said, demonstrating Dara's expression earlier.
 
Dara's cheeks turned 50 shades darker. She wanted to protest but as soon as they heard footsteps coming towards the room, both of them stopped dead on their tracks and stayed motionless, unable to utter a single word. 
 
The footsteps become more noticeable and they heard a knock on the door.
 
"Jiyong honey. It's omma. Are you still sleeping?" Jiyong's mother called out.
 
Jiyong's face fell and Dara had the same shocked expression. 
 
!
 
Jiyong paced back and forth in his room, mulling over on where to hide Dara. 
 
They heard another knock but Jiyong still did not respond. Instead, he cursed himself inwardly and grabbed Dara's hand abruptly. Too abruptly that she let out a little yell. Jiyong covered with his hand immediately shutting her up for the fear that they might get discovered.
 
Jiyong dragged Dara into his walk-in closet and said, "Stay here. Don't make a sound. I'll be right back."
 
"But my clothes-" before she could finish her sentence, he was already out of sight.
 
Jiyong picked up Dara's clothes on the floor and threw it in his closet, he couldn't find her though.
 
"Jiyong ah, is everything okay?" His mother knocked once more, a hint of worry in her voice.
 
"Y-yes. Give me a minute, omma!" Jiyong shouted across the room, prancing around in panic.
 
Jiyong picked up his clothes on the floor and tried to wear them as fast as he could but one of his leg got stuck on his pants. He struggled to wear his pants and ended up knocking his head on the side table.
 
"!" He cursed in pain.
 
"I'm coming in!" His mother called out, then he heard the doorknob turn, revealing his mother.
 
He managed to put all his clothes on just in time.
 
"Omona! What happened in here?" His mother exclaimed. "It looks like your room has been hit by a tornado!"
 
"I.. uh. I- I was trying... to kill a bug." Jiyong said, scratching his head.
 
"Oh. Ah, it's good to see you again, my son! I missed you so much." His mother hugged him tight, squeezing the life out of him. "How was your holiday in Canada?"
 
Jiyong hugged her back and replied, "It's fine. I got to relax a little. How have you been omma?"
 
His mother broke away from him and said, "You know, the usual. Both your dad and I have been busy with work. Your dad's a workaholic after all."
 
Looking down, Jiyong noticed a red-laced near his mother's feet. As if having an adrenaline rush, he quickly hugged his mother again and tried to kick the under his bed before his mom sees it.
 
"What's wrong?" His mom asked worriedly, hugging him back.
 
"Nothing. I just missed you." Jiyong replied, still hugging her tight.
 
"Aigoo. You really know how to make me smile." 
 
When he successfully managed to kick the under his bed, he broke away from the hug. Then, he flashed his mother the brightest smile he could, showing his perfect white teeth and a little twinkle in his eyes.
 
"Anyway, go have breakfast before you leave! I need to attend a meeting. See you later." His mom kissed his cheek and left the room.
 
He heaved a sigh of relief and ambled his way towards his walk-in closet. Upon opening the door, he found Dara sitting in a corner patiently. She was already dressed in the red dress she wore, presumably last night.
 
When Dara noticed Jiyong's presence, she stood up immediately and walked towards him. She looked up to him and stared directly in his eyes, giving him a menacing glare.
 
There was a beat of silence. Then, they finally said in unison.
 
"We need to talk."
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
A/N: Annyeong my lovely readers! Hope you're enjoying the story so far. I'm having a hard time continuing this story because I still have to rack my brains for ideas. Still, I'd like to thank you for taking time to read. \(^-^)/