Shopping with the jerk

Twist of Fate

 

The door of the limo swung open and it revealed two bodyguards standing at both sides, their hands gesturing to leave the vehicle. Jiyong went out first, acting like nothing happened, leaving a confused Dara in the limo. She was still trying to digest what happened back inside and she could still not believe it. She believed Jiyong was a narcissistic jerk who only cared about himself and no one else, an egoistic devil who never failed to make Dara fume with madness.
 
How could a guy like him exist? This egoistic jerk!
 
"Are you coming or do I have to drag you out?" He asked, a hint of impatience in his voice.
 
Snickering, Dara ambled towards him, making sure to keep a huge distance between them, being way more cautious than ever, as she was afraid that he would try to do something again.
 
"Come here." He ordered, and just like that her feet moved on their own, adhering to his command like a lost puppy.
 
What ever happened to being cautious? There's something about him that I can't comprehend. How could he do this to me? Why do I feel so compelled towards him when he's a rotten jerk whom I'm supposed to hate?
 
"Where are we?" Dara asked, finally finding her voice.
 
"You'll find out." He said, grabbing her hand and walking into what seemed like a shopping centre, a rather humongous shopping centre actually. 
 
Dara looked at where he was holding, she felt a tingling sensation when his hand touched hers. It was oddly warm and comforting. She had never felt like that when any other boy held her hand but Jiyong made her feel that way and it was freaking her out. She felt like she didn't want to let go. The things he did to her.
 
Observing her surroundings, she noticed a group of women scrambling in place to form two straight lines on the sides of the door, in a similar way Jiyong's bodyguards did earlier. All of them bowed at the same time as Jiyong entered, as though he's some kind of God.
 
What is he? Seriously? Why are people bowing to him wherever he goes?
 
"Welcome to Kwon Shopping Centre, young master, how can we help you?" The stream of women chorused.
 
Kwon Shopping Centre?  Wait-
 
"Yes. I own this mall." Jiyong answered before Dara could even speak.
 
"I didn't say anything." Dara pouted.
 
"You didn't have to, you're pretty transparent. I could tell." With that, he grinned and continued dragging her,
 
Dara blushed again, crimson cheeks looking more noticeable. Jiyong smiled silently, proud that his plan's working. He thought that Dara was falling for his charms already. All the ladies were like that, they were so easy to please, all there was to do was to pamper them and they would cling to you like you're their master.
 
She's so easy to read. I like the way she's blushing because of me, it makes me want to pinch those cheeks or maybe even give her a peck. What the heck am I thinking? I have a girlfriend. Dara sure knows how to distract me.
 
"Give this lady a makeover, then bring her to me." He instructed one of the women in uniform.
 
Before Dara could protest, the woman was already dragging her into one of the shops.
 
What's with people dragging me whenever they please? And what's with the jerk bossing people to 'take care' of me as if I'm his little puppet. This is so frustrating, really. Why do I have to put up with this?
 
Meanwhile, Jiyong was busy purchasing the best new products that would suit Dara, which included a couple of shoes, the trendiest outfits, expensive handbags and not to forget, a woman's best friend, jewelry. He also bought a new handphone, similar to his model and a new wallet with a generous amount of money, upon remembering that those two were stolen earlier.
 
She'd love this and would definitely swoon over me. Ha. I told you you'd pay for this Sandara Park. Let's see if you could resist my charms.
 
A few moments later, he heard the cue that Dara was already finished with her makeover.
 
"Young master, she's all ready." One of the employees announced. 
 
Jiyong's jaw almost dropped and he gaped at the most beautiful lady in front of him. Dara looked like a goddess, her long hair was curled like a princess', and she was wearing a red asymmetrical dress that hugged her body perfectly, showing her perfect curves and slim physique, pairing with red stilettos. Even with light make up on, she looked perfect - she was a natural beauty and Jiyong could not keep his eyes off her. He felt guilty for looking at another girl when he should be thinking about Sohee instead.
 
"Yah! I didn't ask for this." She complained, snapping Jiyong out of his trance.
 
"You look... horrible." Jiyong commented, he was definitely lying but Dara was too pissed to notice.
 
"I never asked for your comment!" She snapped.
 
Horrible? I know I'm not pretty but he didn't have to go too far as to say I look horrible. This jerk never fails to surprise me.
 
Dara was busy scolding Jiyong in her head, she didn't notice that he handed out a myriad of stuff to her, including a new handphone and a wallet full of cash. Her jaw dropped upon realizing the amount of cash inside it, and all the stuff that he was giving to her all looked very expensive. She gave him a long, perplexed stare, eyes piercing to his and he stared back with the same intensity.
 
Jiyong broke off the beat of silence by saying, "You like it don't you? Being showered with gifts. No woman can resist me. You're all the same. You're all cheap. It's okay, no need to thank me."
 
Before Jiyong could say anything further, he was astounded when he felt a cold, hard slap across his cheek. Dumbfounded, he stared at the lady who dared to slap him. Dara was glaring at him, eyes dark and impending tears threatened to spill from her hers due to anger but she held it in.
 
"How dare you?! You don't know anything about me!" With that, she threw all the bags he'd given her and she stormed off, heels clicking on the cold tiles, leaving a flabbergasted crowd. Everyone was shocked, nobody dared to raise their voice, let alone slap the young master.
 
How dare he say I'm cheap? I'm not a pushover and I'm not gonna let him trample over me like that. I'd rather die than accept his gifts, they're not even out of sincerity. He's merely squandering his money just so I would think he's the greatest guy on this planet. Hell no, you disgust me, Kwon Jiyong. I've never met anyone like him, she thought.
 
What just happened? Did she just slap me? Did she just lay her filthy hands on the young master? How dare she? Not even flattered by what I bought for her? I can't believe this. I've never met anyone like her, he thought.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
a/n: I hope I'm not confusing you. I write their POVs in one chapter sometimes. Anyway, I'd like to thank my subscribers and all my silent readers. It means a lot to me. Please don't be afraid to comment! To my new readers, hope you'd subscribe and vote. x