Unfortunate encounter

Twist of Fate

 

(a/n: The bold italics is Dara's thoughts.)
 
Eighteen-year-old Sandara Park just returned from Canada after pursuing her studies for five years. She was a gifted child, very intelligent and very much talented. Ever since her parents passed on when she was merely at a tender age of four, her world came crashing down. Instead of being placed in an orphanage, her aunt from her maternal side adopted her. But she passed away due to leukemia while Dara was still studying in Canada, it was a heart wrenching piece of news, she always wondered why the people she ever loved end up leaving her. Since that day, she vowed to find the people who killed her parents and take revenge on them, at all cost.
 
Dara had been living alone ever since, until she met a guy who changed her world. She fell in love with Lee Minho, a student from her school in Canada. He came back to Korea a few years earlier, they rarely kept in touch as they were both busy with their studies. However, she wanted to surprise him by coming back to Korea for good, hoping that they could spend the rest of their lives together. She has already envisioned being his beloved wife. Just the thought of it excites her.
 
"It feels good to be home." Dara muttered to herself, taking in a huge lungful of her home country's clean air. It's been five years, it feels good to be back.
 
She carefully pulled out the watch that Minho gave her when they were still in Canada, it was her prized possession, she took care of it all these years. It's as if he left his 'heart' with her and she never failed to think about him whenever she admires the watch. Not paying attention to where she's heading, she accidentally bumped into someone, knocking her head onto a lean chest but soon falling flat on her bottom. Upon the collision, she dropped her watch and the rest of her things scattered onto the cold ground. The person whom she bumped into also dropped some of his belongings.
 
Ow! That hurts.
 
Looking up, she met a pair of intense brown eyes glaring down at her, making the blood in her veins course through her in anxiety. Silently, she studied his facial features. 
 
Undoubtedly, he was attractive, very attractive actually. Saying that he's handsome would be an understatement. Everything about him was entrancing, she could not keep her eyes off him. He's basically the epitome of perfection. He had ebony hair, tufted and fine. Just look at the number of ear piercings he had, small gold studs and other earrings dangled from his lobed ears. His jawline was prominent, he had perfectly arched eyebrows, furthermore, he had the perfect nose and his lips looked utterly kissable at first glance. Wait a second! Did I just think about kissing him? Unbelievable. Why am I even checking him out? I have a boyfriend for goodness' sake.
 
Dara's train of thoughts were interrupted by a scowl.
 
"Hey! Watch where you're going. Are you blind? I won't forgive you if you dirtied my shirt. Do you know how expensive this is?" He scowled at her, while dusting off his shirt. An irritated look spread across his face.
 
Dara was taken a back. She never thought that he would turn out to be such a jerk, hearing him say those words brought her back to her senses. She was offended alright. Blind? Me? Who the heck are you to call me that? I was expecting an apology or better yet a hand to help me up but I received an unwanted criticism instead. 
 
"Hello? Did you hear what I just said or are you also deaf?" He continued insulting her, while bending slightly to take a closer look at her face.
 
Oh hell no. That's it. 
 
Dara stood up abruptly, almost knocking her head into his. She swatted her hand on her bum, dusting off the dirt and straightening her clothes. Blowing a lock of hair on her face, she sent him a death glare, shooting daggers from her eyes. She had to look up because he was so tall, his overall physique was good, he even had a lean, muscular body. Somebody tell me why I'm checking him out again? I should be raging mad right now but his looks are distracting me.
 
"Excuse me? If I'm not mistaken, you also bumped into me! It's not entirely my fault. I'm neither blind nor deaf, get that straight into your head, you rude jerk." Dara huffed out her irritation at one go. 
 
"What did you just call me?" He uttered angrily.
 
"Oh, I see, you didn't hear me the first time, you must be deaf, jerk." Dara countered. Ha! You're not the only one who can talk. Take that.
 
He was about to retort back but was interrupted by two guys in black suits with black shades.
 
"Young master, it's time to go. The limousine's waiting for you." One of the men in black told him, bowing as he did. 
 
Young master? This guy must be filthy rich, he even has his own bodyguards and did I hear him right? A limousine? I can't believe this. What in the world-
 
Dara's thoughts were interrupted again by his words.
 
"You'll pay for this. Nobody insults the mighty G-Dragon." With that, he picked up his belongings and stalked off with his bodyguards.
 
The mighty G-Dragon? What is he? A gangster? The nerve of that guy to leave without even apologizing. How unlucky can I get?  He should be the one paying for being such a rude jerk! 
 
Dara picked up her belongings on the floor one by one, and when she finally got hold of her watch, she noticed that it had a big crack; her heart sank. What am I going to do? The watch is broken. Minho oppa will be devastated when he finds out, it's his precious watch after all. Urgh. It's that jerk's fault! He could've easily caught me before falling but instead he was more worried about his clothes. I've never met someone as rude as him. I hate him!
 
Dara decided to head to Minho's place, she wanted to surprise him after all. She flipped open her passport, hoping to find the sticky note that had his address, but was disappointed only to find that it was not hers. It belonged to the guy whom she bumped into earlier. Her eyes bulged out of their sockets, panic rising in her. Oh no. This can't be happening. No. No. No. She scanned the area, hoping to catch a glimpse of him but she remembered that he had already left in a limo. She cursed herself mentally.