The First

New Life

It had been nearly a week since Jae Sun was admitted to SM Academy. Everyone already knew who she was, but did they really? Sure, they knew she was a new student and Onew's sister, but as for knowing her, personally, nobody could say that they knew her. Not even Onew, nor the SHINee members. Why? Because she kept a distance from everyone, including her new family. Jonghyun and Minho had tried bringing up conversations, but she simply kept her answers short and avoided them. She did the same to Taemin and Onew who kept following and talking to her whenever they could. And Key? He simply kept a distance, watching her. He was confused, as to why this girl was always keeping a distance from everyone, but more importantly, why she was constantly on his mind.

It was the start of lunch break and Key was walking to the practice room as he had left his blazer there earlier during practice. As he was passing by the unused music room, he head a voice. One he was familiar with.

I practiced how to secretly cry while smiling but

I feel like my trembling voice will give it away quickly

He already knew who it was but he had to take a look. The door was slightly open and he looked through the gap it left. Indeed it was her. Her back was facing him but he could already tell who it was. Her long wavy black hair only ensured him it was her. Without knowing it, he unconciously walked into the room. Hearing the footsteps, Jae Sun turned to see who it was. 

"Kibum-oppa, did you need something?"

"F.T. Island's Severely, right?"

"Uh? Yeah, it was."

"I heard that Yesung-seon-saeng-nim wanted you to perform in the showcase. You doing it?"

"Mmm...I..haven't really decided yet. But I don't think I will."

"Why not? It'll be lots of fun."

"I..." Jae Sun couldn't find the words to explain. She knew she wanted to perform, but she was afraid. Afraid of what would happen if she did. 

"Just do it. It'll be a good time to have your 'debut'. And we still have some time before it takes place, so you'll have enough time to practice." Key insisted on her performing. 

"I...I'll give it some thought..." Jae Sun replied, though she knew that she was still going to reject the offer made by her teacher but she didn't want to tell Key no.

"Also..if it's not too bold, may I just ask...why are you avoiding people? Like Onew, and us?"

"..."

"Sorry. I'm just..a very honest and blunt person. I didn't mean anything by it."

"No...it's fine. I just..I don't want to get too comfortable."

"What do you mean?" He was confused.

"I...I just...don't want things to get...bad..." She couldn't find the words to describe the reason why she was keeping her distance. Not without bringing up her past. 

"Don't worry. Nothing will change. Onew-hyung and his family are really sweet. Taemin is really cute. Jonghyun-hyung just plays the bad-boy character but he's really caring and Minho is really nice once you get to know him." Key tried to convince the girl. "Oh, but Taemin, Jonghyun-hyung, and Minho like to tease though. And Onew-hung is a really shy boy so the fact that he tries so hard to get to know you means that he really cares."

Jae Sun knew that they were good people. All of them. If not for her secret, she would have already made friends with them. But...although Key was just talking about them, she felt that this time, she could trust them. It was the first time she felt....safe in such a long time. 

"...I...I know. I'll try not to avoid them anymore. Thanks." Jae Sun said to Key.

"Thanks? What for?"

"For...talking...to me. I guess I just needed someone to talk to."

"Well, I'm always here. And you can talk to any of the guys too. I'm sure they wouldn't mind." Key said, giving her a warm smile.

"Well, I need to get going. I'll see you later." Jae Sun gave Key a smile and left.

...So that's what her smile looks like...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'll do the showcase." 

"That's great!! Now I'll add you name to the list. Now...would you like it to be Jung Jae Sun, or Lee Jae Sun?"

"...Lee Jae Sun."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay. So...thoughts? Right now, I just want to take it slow. Oh, and remember to comment if you have anything you want to say and subscribe if you like it^^