Threat

New Life

The next few days continued to pass by like normal. Jae kept quiet about what had happened and Key acted as if he had seen nothing. The 22nd of September came and it was the day before Key's birthday. Before this, he would've celebrated with his friends and family, but this year, he wanted to spend some time alone with Jae Sun as well. And so, they each promised to spend the evening together while he spends the morning and afternoon with friends and family. 

On the night of the 22nd, Jae was in her room watching the stars by her window. She was thinking about what would come tomorrow, and about telling Key what was really going on. She had sensed that he knew more than he was letting on but she didn't know how to bring the topic up. 

...How am I going to tell oppa? I-

Her thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of her phone. The number was one which she did not recognized but she answered it, nontheless. 

"Hello?" she asked the person over on the other end of the call.

"Hello, Jae. Remember me?"

It was a guy's voice. One she recognized. She froze for a second, unable to answer the caller.

"I'll take your silence as a yes. I heard some very...interesting news about you."

"...What do you want?"

Ignoring her question, he went on. "It would appear to me, that you have gotten yourself a lover of your own. You must be really happy."

"..."

"But I have to ask...does he really know you? What you've done?"

"...What is it that you want?"

"I just hate seeing you so happy. Not after what you've done. You don't deserve it." the voice said, pausing for a moment. "So, you'll be listening to what I want And what I want right now....is a break up."

"..."

"Let's put it this way. If you don't listen to me, I'll really take matters into my own hands. I hear you have friends...ones that you care about."

"...What are you saying?" Jae asked, hearing her voice shake as she spoke.

"Hmph. What I'm saying is, if you don't listen like a good girl, somebody's going to get hurt."

"You wouldn't."

"Oh but yes I would." the voice said in an almost mocking manner. "You see, I'm no longer the person you used to now. You already killed me two years ago."

"...I'll do it. Just...just give me some time...one day. One day is all I need." Jae said, realising that her voice was shaking even more as the conversation progressed.

"...Fine. One day. If you're not done on the 24th, then...let's just say I didn't warn you. I'll be looking forward to hearing good news from you."

And with that, he ended the call, leaving Jae to herself. She could feel the tears running down her face and let her phone slip away from her hands. She suddenly picked up her phone and dialed Key's number, but it only kept ringing.

"Please...please pick up..." Jae said to herself as she continued to sob. "Please...."

But alas, there was no answer. She dropped her phone and covered her face with her hands, quietly crying alone. She quickly wiped her tears away and got up to look for a recording device. She couldn't find one and so decided to use her iPod and pushed the record button.

"Oppa...if you're listening to this...then that means that I'm already gone..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mmm...really short chapter. But...I don't know. I can't really write long chapters, so this might have more chapters than I planned for it to have. But they're going to be relatively short chapters I guess. So...thoughts?