One Day

New Life

The next day came and it was soon time for Key to spend the remainder of his brithday with Jae. The two met up at a park and decided to take a walk. 

"Oh, Jae?" Key asked the girl next to him as he held her hands.

"Uh?"

"You called yesterday? Sorry I couldn't answer, I was in the shower. I couldn't call back because my my phone died and my charger's missing." he explained. "Was...there something you wanted to talk about?"

"Uh? No. I just...felt like talking. But it's nothing big so don't worry about it." she said with a smile.

"Hmm...if you say so." he turned his head to face the front. "Oh! A playground. Wanna go?" he faced her and grinned at her.

She let out a small chuckle and smiled back. "Sure."

The two ran there together, hand in hand. When they reached the playground, the both of them immediately took a seat on the swing. It was empty as most kids would have been home at the time and the playground was thus empty. As the both of them gently pushed off with their feet, swinging back and forth slowly, He looked to the occupied swing beside him and its occupant looked back at him. She gave him a smile as her hands reached into her bag.

"I brought you a cake. Though I'm not sure if you'd want it. You'd probably already had a lot, so I only made a small one." she said as she took out a small cake box.

"You made it?"

Uh? Yeah."

He smiled sweetly at her. "Then I want it."

"Uh? I didn't bring any candles though." she said as she looked through her bag in case she had placed any inside.

"It's fine."

When she turned up, he was already standing in front of her, holding onto the rope that was suspending her swing in the air, stopping the gentle swinging. He smiled down at her and she smiled back. She carefully opened the cake box to reveal a small two layered chocolate cake with a thin layer of cream. The top was garnished with chocolate ganache, an almond and mint. 

"Oh? You made that? Really?" Key said surprised. "It looks so good."

"Uh? Really? I made it this afternoon."

"Oh? Really?" he said, looking at the cake. "Then give me a bite. My hands are busy so you should feed me." he said with a cheeky grin on his face."

"Uh? Ahh...okay." she said as she carefully cut a small slice of the cake and used a spoon to feed him. She looked at him for a reaction but he remained silent as he ate it. "Ho-how is it?"

When he swallowed down his piece of cake, he said with a smile. "Wahh...you bake really well. It's delicious!!"

She relaxed into a smile and let out a sigh of relieved. "Really? That's good then. I wasn't really sure."

He let out a small laugh. "Anything you make is of course the best!"

She blushed slightly at his comment and gave a small laugh. The two continued to share the cake evenly among each other and when it was done, Jae wanted to stand up to throw it into the bin, but Key stood in the way, with both his arms still on the ropes suspending the seat of the swing. She looked up at him quizzically, and he simply smiled back down at her. He leaned in and planted a sweet, soft kiss on her. When he pulled back, he was blushing but still gave her a smile as sweet his kiss and Jaee couldn't help but do the same.

He took the now empty box out of her hands and threw it into the bin for her and took a seat on the swing beside her. The two resumed to gently swing themselves on their seats and continued to chat while looking at the stars in the clear sky above them. This prompted Key to think of the song she had sung during the showcase.

"Oh yeah." he said, changing the previous topic. "Remember the song you sang during the showcase?"

"Uh? Yeah. What about it?"

"Well, looking at the stars, I just suddenly thought about it. What'd you think about when you wrote it?"

"Uh? Umm....I was watching the stars in my room. And then...I was thinking of you." she said as she smiled to herself, looking at the stars above.

"Oh? Me?" he smiled to himself,

She smiled and continued to look around the stars, and then closed her eyes and said. "Oppa"

"Yeah?"

"...Happy Birthday." Sorry I couldn't give you more...I'm sorry...

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of chapter~ Suddenly having an internal conflict on how I should go about with the next chapter but I guess we'll see. Thoughts?