New Beginning

New Life

SM Academy. A prestigious school in Seoul, designed to train its students in their vocal and dancing abilities. Only the richest students attended and those that were not were emitted through a scholarship that was only awarded to the most talented students. It was their morning break in SM Academy when Key, Minho, Onew, Jonghyun, and Taemin were having a small practice session in the practice room.

"So where's this sister of yours?" asked Key.

"She's probably still meeting the principal. But she should be done after morning break." Onew answered. He had talked non-stop about the arrival of his newly adopted sister to his friends ever since he got the news about a week ago.

"I really want to meet her!!" Taemin said excitedly. "Then she can be my noona!!"

"That's only an IF she wants to be your noona" Minho said back to Taemin. Taemin had been just as excited as Onew about his sister. Being the only child in his family, he had always wanted an older sister, as he had already considered Key, Minho, Onew and Jonghyun his brothers. This was the chance he had been waiting for.

"I'm sure she would like to meet all of you. She seems really nice." Onew said.

"'Seems nice' huh. Haven't you gotten a chance to talk to her or get to know her? You did say she moved in a few days ago."Jonghyun said.

"Well, I've tried talking to her before but she's been busy, With the moving in and taking care of her brother. She'll be in Kibum and Minho's class so they'll get to meet her first. By the way, did I say that Yoogeun is really cute? But I don't really know how to interact with him." Onew replied.

"It'll probably be better in a few days." Key assured him. "Let's get going. It's almost time for class."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright class. Before we start, I have someone to introduce to you." said Yesung, the vocal teacher. "This is Jung- no. Lee Jae Sun and she is a new student here. Remember to be nice and don't forget to lend her a helping had if she needs any help."

He turned to her and said "That empty seat by the back window is yours."

"Okay. Got it." Jae Sun said and off she went to take her seat.

The whole class whispered around as she was walking to her seat. The news had spread about Onew's new sister and everyone was curious to see as to what the girl of the famous Onew would look like.

"That must be her. Onew did say that her name was Jae Sun right?" Key asked Minho who was sitting beside him.

"Yeah. She looks just like what he described. And how often do you get a new student? It must be her." Minho whispered back to Key.

"Alright, alright. Now shall we get started?" Yesung interupted the class, wanting to start the lesson."Nothing major today but I want to check on your vocal conditions. As we all know, the school showcase is coming soon so I need to make sure that you are all carrying out the excercises I gave you all. Shall we start with you, Jae Sun? I am interested in hearing your voice, and I am sure, everyone in the class is as well."

Jae Sun looked straight at the teacher for a while, then agreed to do it. "Just tell me what I need to do."

"Excellent! All I need you to do, is to...hmmm...just sing me a song for now. Just a small part will do. And it can be any song you like." the teacher answered her happily. 

Jae Sun looked around the class and everyone was staring at her, waiting. She stood up, closed her eyes and began to sing. 

Why didn't I see?

You were right next to me

You were always right there by my side to help me through

No matter how I let you down, you gave me your all

You are the one that I've been waiting for

The whole class fell silent. She took her seat and the sound of her chair brushing against the floor broke the silence.

"Well done. Very well done. Shin Hye Sung's 'Same Thought' is a very beautiful song and you sang it wonderfully." Yesung complimented Jae Sun on her singing. "Now who's next? Or will I have to go through the class list?"

But nobody in the class was paying attention. They were all talking amongst themselves. Onew's sister had a voice more amazing than any of them had anticipated. 

"Is she really not Onew's sister? She sings really well." Minho whispered to Key. 

But he did not hear him, nor did he hear anyone else. Kibum was still staring at the girl. There was just something about her that intrigued his interest. But what was it? Was it her voice? Her looks? The emotion she puts into her singing? What was it? Even the boy did not know. All he knew at the time, was that he needed to get to know her. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End of the first chapter. What do you think?