Sad Day

From "I Hate You" to "I Love You"

You went to class late and quickly scurried to your seat at the back of the class. Subin patted your back and glanced at you sympathetically. You weakly smiled and draw out your textbook and notebook from your bag. Blinking back the hot tears that were threatening to fall, you stared blankly at the board.

*Oh Sehun, you’re so dead!* Subin softened at your glum expression and gritted her teeth.

You were absentmindedly twirling your pen in your hand when the teacher called your name, “Miss Park, what is the answer to Question 11?”

You looked up and blinked. You were known to be the Mathematics genius in the class. However, now you can’t seem to get the answer. *Concentrate Inhee! Stop thinking of the morning incident.* You shut your eyes and shook your head to get rid of unwanted thoughts. However, the teacher seemed to misunderstand your actions. “Miss Park, first, you come to my class late and now you daydream in my class! Detention, after school!” You bit your bottom lip and nodded miserably.

Snickers were heard from the other students.

“She got dumped by Oh Sehun!”

“Sehun threw her Valentine gift on the ground and humiliated her.”

“Sehun must have really hated her. He’ll always accept other girls’ gifts even though he wasn’t going to date them.”

Your face fell as you fidgeted with the hem of your blouse. Any moment, you were going to break down.  

“It’s okay, Inhee. Don’t listen to the others, cheer up,” Subin gazed at you and brushed away your fringe. You softly smiled at her and nodded slightly.

Soon, (after hours of staring vacantly at the whiteboard) it was lunch time. You placed the books in your bag and dragged yourself out of the class.

“Inhee! Let’s go eat lunch,” Sohee linked arms with you and pulled you to the cafeteria. *Lunch? That’s means Sehun will be there and probably Saerom.* You paused and unhooked yourself from Sohee. Sohee stared at you in surprise as she raised a perfectly arched eyebrow.

“You go ahead, I’m not hungry,” you softly faked a smile as you turned and walked away. Sohee sighed deeply as she watched your disappearing figure. Sighing for the third time, she walked away. *Oh Sehun, what’s wrong with you? Did you know how much you have hurt Inhee?*

----

“Sohee, where’s Inhee?” Hana questioned as she saw Sohee walking into the cafeteria alone.

“She’s not hungry,” Sohee mumbled as she went to get her food. Ten pairs of eyes stared at Sehun. Sehun looked up and stopped eating. He furrowed his brows and held up his hands. “What?! It’s not my fault that Inhee doesn’t want to eat. I just rejected her,” Sehun argued.

“Yeah right! Even if you want to reject her, must you do it so blatantly? For your information, your straight-forward words and actions had hurt her feelings! Did you by any chance learn that from Han Saerom, too?” Jimin shouted, exasperated as her dongsaeng was such an ignorant fool.

----

You were sitting on the rooftop, curled up in a fetus position. Tears were cascading down your cheeks as you sobbed silently.

“Hey hey! Stop crying,” a voice came from behind. You raised your tear-stained face. Hyunwoo walked towards you as he himself plopped down beside you. He offered you a handkerchief which you accepted gratefully.

“Don’t think about it too much, okay?” Hyunwoo’s soothing voice drifted into your ears. He wrapped a protective arm around you and pushed your head gently onto his broad shoulder.

“I really liked him. I didn’t mind if he doesn’t like him back since I knew that he was in love with Saerom-sshi. But his actions really caught me by surprise today. I never knew that he would humiliate me in that way. It hurts,” you sobbed as you hit your chest.

“Stop crying, Inhee-ah. It pains me to see you liking another boy but it pains me more to see you crying over someone that won’t like you back. Why can’t you see me, Inhee? I really like you,” Hyunwoo murmured comforting words in your ear.

You looked up, perplexed. “Is that why you claimed to be my boyfriend in the morning?” you sniffed and found it hard to get your voice out.

Hyunwoo sweetly smiled at you, “Did I surprise you?” He ruffled your hair and pressed a soft kiss on your forehead, “So will you be my girlfriend?”

You were shocked at his direct confession. You bit your lip anxiously.

“I-I-“

“It’s alright if you reject me now, but just know that I’ll be there for you always,” Hyunwoo softly smiled at you and brushed away the stray tears on your cheek. You softened at his kind words.

“Sure, I’ll be your girlfriend,” you managed a small smile as you leaned against Hyunwoo’s torso. Hyunwoo grinned as he too, wrapped an arm around you. Hyunwoo rocked you as he stealthily pulled out his smart phone from his back pocket.

To: Saerom noona

From: Hyunwoo

Noona! I had followed your plan. Park Inhee had just accepted my confession. We are a couple now.

To: Hyunwoo

From: Saerom

Good! I had never expected my dear cousin to follow my instructions so well. I’ll let you know about the plans soon. In the meantime, keep that girl away from Sehun and I.

Hyunwoo smirked and kept his phone.