Christmas at Everland

From "I Hate You" to "I Love You"

It was Christmas morning. A beam of sunlight shone though the window pane, brightening up the whole room. You tossed and turned in your bed before fluttering open your eyes. *Oh right! It's Christmas today.* You sleepily rubbed your eyes and yawned. Sliding off your bed, you peered through the window. Snow was falling steadily outside.  The ground was covered with a blanket of white snow. It was a beautiful sight. You sighed in content. You skipped down the stairs joyously and hummed a merry tune under your breath. You face fell when you saw the empty and quiet kitchen. *Mum and Dad are still in the States, having an important conference. But which company in their right minds will let its employees work on Christmas?* You blow air into your cheeks and pouted angrily. After a simple breakfast of scrambled eggs, you retired back into your room.

*This is just so great! I'm going to experience the loneliest Christmas.* You flopped onto your bed and kicked your legs in the air childishly. Out of the corner of your eye, you saw a stack of presents resting on your study table. *I should unwrap them now! After all, it's Christmas.* Those gifts came yesterday but you were too tired to open them. Pulling the presents towards you, you mentally counted them. *1, 2...10, 11* You sighed deeply. *Of course, Sehun won't get me anything. He's probably enjoying his time with Saerom * Your stomach automatically curled up at that thought. Shaking your head to clear your mind, you began to unwrap your presents. Your frown gradually turned into a smile as you opened the presents one by one. 

Hana had bought you a new Coach wallet with pink ts. Jimin had given you a pair of cute lavender earmuffs. You tried them on and beamed at your reflection. Sohee and  Eunmi had gotten you a pair of white converses and and a green mug with red hats and white balls decorated on it. You smiled at their gifts and placed them aside. Your best friend, Subin had sent you a pair of Uggs with little balls dangling in the sides. Placing the girls' gifts aside, you opened the lid to Suho and Baekhyun's gift. They have given you a bundle of expensive looking notebooks. You gaped at the notebooks and one of the cover. It felt like leather. *Did they raid the whole bookshop?* You raised an eyebrow in thought. D.O. had bought you a pair of headphones. Chanyeol had gotten you a pair of woollen socks . You chortled at the words stitched onto the cotton. There was a note in the box. You unfolded it and read. It said: Do you like it? Oppa had it specially customised for you. Merry Christmas! Chuckling, you placed his gift back into the box and pulled Kai's one to you. Your expression turned into a one of flat amusement when you opened the lid. Kai had bought you an extremely y swimsuit that you knew you were never going to wear. *Seriously Kai! What were you thinking?*  You clapped your hand onto your forehead as you gingerly fished out a blue and white striped thong. *And how on earth did he know my size?!*You warily placed the revealing lingerie into the box. 
 
Having nothing else to do, you pulled out your slack PC and vegan to surf the net. You face broke into a smile upon seeing the messages left on your Wall by your Hansung's friends. You recalled the memories spent with them and suddenly missed them. *I still remember how we spent last Christmas together. We went skiing on the snow-capped mountains and even had a snow fight with each other. We really had fun times back then.*  With a smile on your face, you began to reply their well wishes.
----
Soon, it was noon. You finished typing the last word and close your laptop. You leaned back and stretched. Glancing at the beautiful scenery outside, a soft sigh escaped from your lips. *It's such a beautiful Christmas morning. But it's a pity that I had to stay at home and celebrate Christmas alone.* You sulked deeply and went downstairs. Just as you stepped into the spark less kitchen, the silence was broke by the doorbell. You jumped in shock and glanced quizzically at the door. You approached the door and opened it warily.
 
There was a black motorcycle parked outside and a male was leaning causally against it. He was typing rapidly on his phone. You blinked and scrutinised him. Feeling your stare at him, he looked up. You gasped softly. 
 
"Quit staring and hurry up get changed," Sehun smirked, waving you  back into the house. 
 
Dazed, you followed his instructions and stumbled up the stairs. In less that ten minutes, you were back at the door, dressed in a red coat and plaid skirt. Adjusting the strap of your purse, you locked up the house.
 
"What are you doing here at my house? Should you be spending the day with Saerom-sshi?" You blurted out.
 
"What else? Fetching you, of course. I would love to be with Saerom noona but I had no choice but to come here. Get on," Sehun coolly replied. He tossed an extra helmet to you which you caught it deftly in your hands. Keeping a straight face, you clasped the helmet around your chin and climbed onto the motorcycle. 
 
"Hold tight, I love speedy rides," Sehun reminded. Feeling shy, you grabbed the edges of Sehun's jacket.
 
"Don't say I never warned you," Sehun rolled his eyes. He started the engine and zoomed off.
 
"Wahhh~" you screamed in surprise and immediately encircled your arms around his waist. You face was flushed red as you pressed against Sehun's back. Your heart was hammering in your chest. Sehun smirked  at your reaction. However, he stiffened when he felt your arms around his waist. His heart did a flip flop. *Why am I feeling like this?* Blinking rapidly, he increased the speed. You screamed again out of shock. In less than twenty minutes, you had arrived at your destination. Shakily, you got off the vehicle and unclasped the helmet.
 
"T-That was a really...fast ride," you commented, passing back his helmet. 
 
Sehun briefly nodded, "I told you, I like to go fast." He winked at you before walking away. Your heart stopped and you felt yourself melting into a puddle. Turning crimson, you walked briskly until you fell in step with Sehun.
 
"Everland? Why are we here?" You knitted your brows in confusion.
 
"To celebrate Christmas with the others," Sehun said it as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. You bit your bottom lip at his curt response. You looked down and noticed his worn out sneakers. 
 
"Did you, by any chance, receive my present?" You curiously asked.
 
"Present? You've gotten me a Christmas present?" Sehun asked, bewildered. Your heart sank and you shoulders deflated.
"You mean the pair of basketball shoes? I received it. It was nice and I'll wear it during practice," Sehun answered. You beamed, happy that he liked the gift.
 
Suddenly, a voice shouted from afar. "Unnie! Oppa! Come here," Eunmi waved excitedly. She looked adorable, dressed up in a light pink sweater and jeans. Her hair was tied up into two ponytails. You beamed and ran towards her.
 
"It was so boring at home. I thought I would die of boredom!" You sighed and exaggerated. The others laughed heartily. 
"Now that all of us are present, let's go!" Hana passed you a ticket. The twelve of you scanned your tickets and went into the amusement park.