Star

Tumblr effect [Hiatus]

 

“You know I’m Jay Park

They also know you, so what?

I love you... I love you...”

 

Jay Park’s new single was playing in SNSD’s dorm. As the verses blare through the laptop’s speakers, Yoona couldn’t help look at the person behind the monitor.

Jessica was smiling to herself. A smile that may be interpreted as something because of what she was reading. Or what she was looking at.

 

 

But Yoona knew better. It was what she was listening to. It has been a week since Jessica told them about the relationship.

“It’s his song Star” Jessica explained. “He wrote the lyrics for me, apparently.”

Even though the lights were dimmed at the bar, they can see the blush in her cheeks and the sparkle in her smile. Seohyun remembered that time when it was all because of the same guy.

Back in 2009, when Jay was still with 2PM, SNSD guested in one of their Idol Army episodes. It was that time when Jay danced to the song file ‘When I Seduce Jessica’. Although at that time, he pointed to Taecyeon as the culprit, they all knew he was guilty as hell.

Jessica and Jay both met back in their trainee days. As the trainees who grew up in America, they didn’t know much about Korea, its cultures and especially its language. They began to learn to stick together. Even though they were from different agencies, Jay and Jessica became close along with Taecyeon and Tiffany.

It was known to the other SNSD members that Jay liked Sica. Jay didn’t even bother denying it. And so during the Idol Army filming, Jay was actually courting Jessica. The file name ‘When I seduce Jessica’ was actually named ‘When Jessica falls for me’ first. Taecyeon and told him it was too cheesy and may even create scandals and so he changed it. But still, the file name contained Jay’s intentions.

After the public announcement of his affections, Jessica began to consider taking the risk. She admits that she likes Jay even back then; but SM’s policy was stopping her from being with him. But as time passed by, she knew she couldn’t hold back her feelings anymore.

 

They’ve been together for only a month when the 2PM scandal broke out. Jay left for Seattle abruptly. Nobody really put an end to the relationship. They just soon lost contact with each other. After a few e-mails, because of their busy lives, they lost touch. What hurt Jessica the most was that Jay didn’t even tell her that he’d be going back to Seattle for a very long time.  It was when they announced that 2PM will be continuing as a 6-member group that she realized that Jay’s not coming back. After the announcement, Jay’s emails began to decrease in both number and content.

For weeks after this, nobody could predict Jessica. They all knew she was just hiding all the pain. During the wee hours of the morning, they can hear her crying alone.

It was during this time when she turned to Heechul. They grew close and before anyone knew it, they were romantically involved with each other.

But although Heechul and Jessica loved each other dearly, their personalities clash too much. They managed to keep their relationship afloat for almost 3 years.

Although they ended the relationship before Jessica saw Jay again, they all know that their worst fights started when Jay posted his cover of ‘Nothing on You’ on Youtube. Jessica suddenly began to have a liking towards the song and they knew that that was the sign.

When Jay went back to Korea, they managed not to cross paths since they are now from different agencies and Jay belongs to another world already.

But then, unexpectedly, when Jay was working on his new single, they met again.

Jessica denies that they are in a relationship. But Yoona knows otherwise. They might not have the label, but they sure do act like they’re back together. She was looking at Jessica when the song came to an end.

“It’s always been you.” Jay declares at the end of the song. Jessica looked up to see Yoona looking at her. She smiles sweetly, her cheeks still pink.

Yoona sighed. She talked with Heechul a few days back. He was entering the army in a few days. She knew Heechul wasn’t going out with Sohee. He made it seem like he was so that Jessica wouldn’t hesitate to be with Jay. He knew that if Jessica knew he hasn’t moved on from her yet, she’d hold back her feelings again. That day, she cried for Heechul. She knew how much he loves Jessica. And it pains her to see his friend endure all these.

 

 

The doorbell rang and Jessica and Yoona raced to the door. They got there almost at the same time but when they opened the door, they were shocked at who the person standing before them was.

“What are you doing here?” Jessica asked.

“I- I came to see Seohyun.” He said.

Yoona and Jessica turned to each other. They let him in and led him to the living room. Both of them rushed towards Seohyun’s room.

“Somebody came for you.” Yoona said.

“Oh really? I wasn’t expecting anybody.” Seohyun answered, looking up from her book.

“It’s-“