Didn't Work Out

Tumblr effect [Hiatus]

 

As the two girls got to the bar, they saw the person they were looking for sitting at the farthest stool. They walked towards her and sat down.

Not knowing what to do next, Yoona ordered a drink for her and Seohyun.

 

After a while, the girl beside them finally spoke up.

“I owe you guys an apology,” she started.

“I don’t think you do unnie.” Seohyun answered.

“No. I think I do.”

“What was that about?” Yoona asked.

“I- I don’t know how to start this.”

“Well, since when did it start?” Yoona asked pointedly.

“Unnie,” Seohyun touched Yoona as if telling her to calm down. “Jessica-unnie can tell us what she wants to tell us.”

Yoona looked at Seohyun and sighed. She sipped her drink and kept quiet.

 

It was a few minutes after when Jessica spoke up.

“It was about 3 months ago when I saw him again,” she started.

Yoona was looking at her own drink as if not minding what she was saying but Seohyun was looking at her intently.

She sighed before continuing, “We met at the lobby of a hotel. Remember when I said I’d be staying for a few days with my cousin who was staying at a hotel? Well apparently, he was staying at the same hotel we were staying at.”

“Well, everything happened so fast. I was so afraid to tell you guys about him. I was so afraid to even say anything, thinking what if he goes away again. I didn’t want to look like a fool again.” She added.

“What about Heechul-oppa?” Yoona asked looking hurt. She and Heechul were really close and she knows how much Heechul cares about Jessica.

“We broke up weeks before this.”

“But we thought-“ Seohyun asked.

“Heechul and I will always be good friends. We wouldn’t throw that away simply because our relationship ended.”

“But I thought you were getting back together with Heechul-oppa.” Yoona said while looking down.

“Heechul- well, Heechul and I, we don’t really work quite that well.”

“But all those years?”

“I guess it was just our love that kept us going through.”

“What happened to that love?”

“It’s still there. It just isn’t enough to keep the relationship for longer. I still love him. But, we’ve both decided it was better if we end it rather than keep a relationship that was only hurting us.”

Yoona couldn’t speak after that. Seohyun was being silent as well.

“I didn’t cheat on Heechul. Actually, Heechul knows I’m seeing him.”

“Oppa knows?”

“Yea. And he, well he isn’t happy with it. But he’s seeing Sohee so I don’t see why he needs to get worked up about it.”

“Heechul-oppa’s seeing Sohee?!” Now it was Seohyun’s turn to get shocked.

“Oopsie,” Jessica said with a small smile. “Shhh. I didn’t tell you, okay?” she chuckled.

Yoona stood up and hugged Jessica. “Please don’t get hurt this time.”

“I won’t.” Jessica hugged her back.

“How’d you know that?” Seohyun asked.

“He told me so. He said he’s really serious about me.”

“That’s what he said last time.” Yoona said. “What makes this time different?”

“He- well, he wrote it in a song.” Jessica blushed.

“Really?” Yoona and Seohyun said at the same time. “What song?”

“He recently released it. Uh, it’s,” Jessica paused and giggled. “You know his song-“