Surprise?

A Dream Come True

 

You opened the front gate to your house, closed it, went inside and only to be greeted by emptiness. The whole house was screaming with emptiness, making you feel even worse. *What’s the point of calling this a home when they aren’t even at home most of the time? Wait. They are never home, not even for my birthday, New Year, Christmas. I wondered how many years have it been since I last saw them, I lost count of it.* You can’t help it anymore. You sat on the icy cold floor in the living room, hugged your knees, curled into a ball and began crying.

---------------

You woke up on the floor next morning. *Hah, Shin JungHye, who do you think will carry you up to your bedroom like those times when you were a kid? Mom? Dad? Obviously they are too far away from you now to do that* You thought to yourself sarcastically. It was 6am in the morning, 2 hours for you to prepare for school. You picked your bag up which was on the floor and walked up to your room. You stopped halfway because you thought you smelled your favourite curry. You shook your head and told yourself it was impossible.

 “Yah pabo! Are you going to ignore me and walk up to your room when i’m preparing your breakfast for you?!” You turned towards the direction of your kitchen and saw L.Joe. He put the lid back on the pot and walked towards you. “Good morning sleepy head, sorry for not moving you up to your bedroom because I was afraid that I would wake you up and you looked so tired.” L.Joe said in a gentle voice. You smiled and wrapped your arms around his waist and hugged him tightly. “YAH LET ME GO I CAN’T BREATHE!!” L.Joe shrieked. You finally let him go and he was gasping for air. The smile was still on your face. “Tch, ungrateful brat, go wash up! You look horrible you know.” He said jokingly and went back to the kitchen.

You went up to your room and washed up. You were smiling to yourself while bathing. *It’s great to have friends by your side during this kind of timing. I guess I’m over HyunJae now, it was a dumb infatuation to begin with* You dried yourself, put on a new set of uniform and went downstairs to the kitchen. You didn’t see L.Joe anywhere so you assumed he went home after preparing your breakfast. You walked over to the dining table and found a pot of curry and a bowl of rice placed nicely for you. Your heart felt warm since no one did such a sweet thing for you in a long time. You found a note next to the pot and it says “I’m sleeping on your couch pabo! I’m tired! I didn’t get any sleep last night because of you, you know? I was worried about you.. Wake me up when you finished eating and save some for me! ;) – You-know-who” You hurriedly finished up your share and saved some for L.Joe. You walked over to the couch to wake him up. But he looked so tired you couldn’t bear to wake him up. You looked at your watch and decided to wake him up later since there’s still time.

You sat on the couch and stared at the ceiling. Memories of your childhood began flashing back. Those times with your parents, the fun you had when you were together with them. Your heart began aching and you felt like you were about to cry. At the moment, you received a call from Minae. “Are you okay Junghye?” You missed her gentle voice and cute face. You can’t help it anymore and tears rolled down your cheeks. “No...” you whispered....