Chapter 14.

A Dream Come True

 

“Aren’t you going down to the cafeteria?” You thought it was L.Joe, but it was Daehyun instead. Daehyun noticed your disappointed face and said “You thought it was your boyfriend, isn’t it?” You didn’t answer him and he spoke again. “Did something happen? You were daydreaming throughout all the lessons. I will always be here for you, dimwit.” The last sentence struck you, it reminded you of L.Joe. *You said you will always be here for me, but where are you now?* “I’m fine, aren’t you going to go down to the cafeteria?” Daehyun just shook his head. “I’m going to the bathroom.”

 

You stopped in your tracks after seeing something you thought you will never ever see. Your heart felt like it was being stabbed and punched and twisted for thousands and millions of times. You wanted to walk away, but you can’t, your legs won’t listen to you. You just stood there, frozen, staring at L.Joe kissing the girl who was flirting at him just now. You thought you were about to fall onto the floor when someone pulled you by your wrist. It was Daehyun. He dragged you all the way to a quiet corner in the school. You just stared at the floor, still can’t believe what you just saw. Tears streamed down your cheeks uncontrollably. Daehyun pulled you into his arms. “Stop crying dimwit, it hurts me to see you cry.” Daehyun whispered into your ears. “My Mum passed away and I didn’t went to see her at all.” You told him, in a weak voice.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want to contact your Dad?” You shook your head. You didn’t want anything to do with him anymore. You hated them, for abandoning you in that dark and empty house. “Let’s go back to class, we are going to be late soon.” You still didn’t concentrate in class and your mood was much worse. You stared out at the window the whole time, trying hard not to cry in class.