The Main Objective

Black Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE: The Main Objective

It has began.

 

L arrived at the villa and knew immediately that something had happened. He quickly rushes to her sister’s room and knocked. Relief flooded his concerns when she answered immediately and ordered him to enter the room.

 

The princess’s room has a big white sofa and tea table on the side with bookshelves on each side of the wall and a door that connected to her bedroom. The room was adorned with elegant pastel colored pink curtains and white rose’s wallpapers. As usual, her sister was leaning on the sofa, reading a book, while her husband was on her lap as if sleeping though L knew better that Jaejoong is always on alert once he felt other presence beside his beloved. And true to it, the prince has quickly opened his eyes and stared at L.

 

“What brought you here, L?” Jaejoong asked, his hands taking Dara’s and intertwining it with him.

 

“I’ve come back from the Bloodletter Society and check on the report that Hyunseung has told us the other night.”

 

“Where is Kwon? He is with you right?” Dara asked.

 

L nodded. “Yes, I made him proceed first to Thunder’s brother while I come back here to report what we had found out.”

 

“And what is it?” Jaejoong asked his golden eyes serious.

 

“The Bloodletter Society has been tainted with fear and darkness.” L started up and tells about what he saw on the female bloodletter that they have met.

 

Jaejoong rise up to lean on the sofa. “This is probably the result of Hyunseung’s greediness.”

 

Dara knotted her brows, “Is that the reason you don’t like him?”

 

“No, it is not just that…For years now, I have silently dispatched vampires to check on the status of the Bloodletter Society. Monitoring their well-being and checking if the current Ruler is truly what he is. Being the leader of our society, checking the welfare of the society we hold in high esteem comes as a duty….Many kings had come and go, my father before me…he had ordered that every male bloodletter that comes in the Blood Letter society and become a Ruler should be watched carefully…and for years now…I have been receiving good responses on Hyunseung’s rule, his reigned seems to be peaceful…”

 

“Isn’t that good?”

 

“No…because the reports also stated that the “peacefulness” is only in appearance…” Jaejoong said.

 

L met the prince’s eyes and said, “So, there are suspicions that bad things was already happening?”

 

Jaejoong nodded. “I was taking precautions on how I will handle this reports regarding Hyunseung’s reign since meddling with the Blood Letter Society could create many consequences against us.”

 

“But last night, he personally reported the missing bloodletters…it could only mean that he also knew about your suspicions…” Dara concluded making the men look at her and nods in response.

 

“We have to do something…those bloodletters that become his victim will have to be avenge” L quickly said but when he saw the prince face turn into a frown, “You’ve already done something, isn’t it?”

 

Jaejoong stands up and walk a little bit around the room, as if carefully thinking the proper words to say before he turned and look back at his beloved and to L. “T’Bishop L, I say this now with great care and trust in your discretion to not reveal the words I will say in this very hour.”

 

L stiffened by the words of the prince. He knew that whatever words the prince will say are something big to have him required to answer his brother-in-law with an oath of truth. He slowly lower his head, his ruby eyes glowed as he say, “It is in my highest honor to be bearer of such truth, your highness” when he looked up and met Prince Jaejoong’s glowing golden eyes, it sealed the oath, as such both of their eyes stop glowing.

 

Dara remained at her sit and silently listening, there was nothing on her face that explained if she knew the thing her husband was about to reveal.

 

“One of my spies has infiltrated the Rulers plan. He did this with great risk for his future. Thus, I made this reveal onto you, to make sure as well that his sacrifice will not be in vain. Hyunseung plan to make himself the Ruler…” Jaejoong paused, his eyes turned warm when it met Dara’s then he met L’s gaze and his expression hardened, “…for all eternity”

 

L nodded in understanding. He already knew that Hyunseung has been over his head on power but to rule for eternity is completely absurd in his understanding, by far he knew Hyunseung’s has already lost it totally. “That’s not all, isn’t it?”

 

Jaejoong’s eyes flew back to Dara’s figure that was just looking at him with worried eyes. Then he turned to his brother-in-law and response to L’s question. “Yes. His plans bring harm to not only to the Bloodletter Society but to our society as well. For Hyunseung to achieved his very desire, he has to kill all of whom that will stopped his plan” he met L’s ruby eyes, “And he will start with annihilating all possible future bloodletters that can replace him in the future.”

 

“But there is no----“L was about to argued when it suddenly dawn on him. Because here in this mansion, resides one who could possibly be a tool to replace Hyunseung’s place in the throne he cherish most. “Uee…and her sisters, they are from the bloodletter’s main family and possibly the last on their line. If she and her sisters marries and bore a son, that child could be the end of Hyunseung.”

 

L understands it now, the prince reason on qu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter