The Prince’s Secret

Black Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER FORTY-ONE: The Prince’s Secret

He has a plan. You are the plan.

 

 

“Can you feel it?”

L nodded to Kwon’s whispered inquiry. They have arrived at the city where the blood letter society resides. For a human, this City will look like just any ordinary places, complete with all the establishments and buildings…but if you’re a bloodletter and a vampire you’ll know where to look to find what you’re looking for.

Bloodletters along with humans can be identified by the scent of their blood, since bloodletter’s has much more distinguishing smell, more of like a very delicious flavor for a vampire, while a human still do have a good blood smell though it can’t be par to a bloodletter’s blood, that is.

Kwon and L were walking side by side towards a high building with a flag in front and a big golden name in front that says City Hall. L was on Kwon’s right side, the T’Bishop has his hands on both his side pocket while he was silently doing a thorough search on the surrounding.

There were no bloodletter’s visible in the main plaza where they had walked earlier and upon entering the city hall building they immediately senses something.

Kwon back straighten, feeling the stares directed at them as they walk towards the main office of the city mayor or more commonly known as the ruler of the bloodletter society.

A female, a bloodletter, stand before them and stop them in their tracks. “Good day, Sire. May I ask for your identification?”

L and Kwon exchange glances. Kwon smiled, “Yes, we are here to follow up the report on the missing bloodletters last night by your ruler. We would like to see him”

The female only raise an eyebrow and did not budge on her position.

L cleared his throat, “Your ruler comes to us last night to inform about the missing bloodletters.”

“And you are?” the female asked again.

Kwon sigh then gives the female a friendly smile. “I am Bishop Jo and he is T’Bishop L”

The female bloodletter nodded while she looked up and down to the two figures in front of her. “The Bishop’s of the Vampire Society…Yes, you are authorized to see the ruler” she looked back at the close door of the main office then turned back to them, “But apparently, the ruler is not in his office today. He had some visitors earlier and had to leave early…”

L asked, “Was it about the missing bloodletters?” when the female did not answered he said, “I mean, his visitors. Did they report about the progress of the missing case?”

The female shrugged. “I don’t know. I was not authorize to know the details of the visits”

Kwon raised an eyebrow and just met L’s eyes. Both of them silently looked at each other until Kwon nodded to the female bloodletter. “We understand.”

“Are you going to leave now, Sire?”

“Yes” Kwon said, he was about to take a step away when he saw L’s face, serious and calculating.

L folded his arms above his chest, “Not yet, we still need to ask you something.”

Kwon turned a questioning eye on L but the latter did not meet his gaze.

The female bloodletter frowned for a moment then smiled at L as she says, “What is it, Sire?”

“How is Bishop Jo’s application for his bloodletter?”

Kwon’s mouth drop opened in surprised by L’s question. He raise an eyebrow toward L as if saying, “Shouldn’t-I-be-asking that?!” ….But L was only looking at the female bloodletter’s eyes and awaiting her answer.

The female turned and looked at Kwon first before meeting L’s eyes then she lowered her head. “Until now, we haven’t found any suitable female bloodletter to attend to Bishop Jo’s request”

Kwon sighed when he heard, “I guess it will take another century again…” he said dejected.

L knotted his forehead as he continues to look at the female bloodletter while Kwon just watched him with confuse eyes. A couple of seconds passed when L said, “That will be all, thank you,” he turned to Kwon and nodded before he turned and started walking out of the building.

Kwon was quick on his steps and soon they were walking side by side out of the street again. He put his hands on his side pocket then looked at L’s side profile, “What did you find out?”

L continued walking until they reach the outside of the City and started walking out of the Bloodletter’s territory. He stopped on the hills, where the Bloodletter Society’s City can now only be seen below. “They are hiding something.”

Kwon nodded. “That’s obvious. The way she stopped us from coming in the room.”

“No, it not just that…the woman was hiding something…she is afraid.”

“Afraid? That, I did not saw. She’s defiant and defensive but afraid, no”

L looked at Kwon’s face for a second before he turned to look at the view below, the Bloodletter Society’s City, “I saw it in her…inside her was a silent anguish for someone to save her…them…”

“What do you mean?”

“The Bloodletter Society is under a brewing darkness, it’s still unnoticed but, I can feel their society is becoming darker…”

“Darker?”

“Yes, their ruler had done something that made that woman afraid”

“Have you found it out?”

L shook his head, “I can’t know it just by looking, I need much more contact than that.”

“We have to tell this to the prince” Kwon said.

L turned to the other side, “I’ll tell it to him. You can proceed to go to Thunder’s brother at Uee’s house. With whatever it is that’s happening to the bloodletter society, I am sure that Uee and her sisters are indicated since they are the last living members of the main family beside Hyunseung’s.”

Kwon was about to say something but L had already started running towards the other way to the villa. He shrugged his shoulder while looking at the fading figure of L, “He’s always in a hurry…if I don’t know how dedicated he is to hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter