Cousins

Black Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Sang Hyun and Uee was holding hands when they went out in the ballroom, all dress in the newly clothes given to them by Dara earlier.

 

They saw other vampires in the villa who had bowed to them as they greeted them. Everyone was all smiles that it makes Uee conscious of their knowing gazes.

 

Sang Hyun tried to hide his smile but obviously failed to do so because Uee had nudged him on his side as if nagging him silently. He just laid her hands encase in his hands on his chest and kiss it before they continued to walked towards the study room, indicated by Dara earlier.

 

When they come inside the room, it was all dark though they immediately notice the prince and princess sitting in one of couch in the study room.

 

Jaejoong stand up and pulled the red curtain to let some lights outside in. Dara has remained sitting on the couch and Jaejoong remained standing behind her, his back on the windows.

 

“I am glad that you’ve finally decided to talk” Jaejoong said in his formal tone

 

Sang Hyun smirked. “As if we have a choice”

 

Uee bumps his right side with her elbow. Thus, Sang Hyun smiled reluctantly. His quick change of expression earned a soft giggle from Dara that made Jaejoong’s eyes got warmth on them.

 

Jaejoong motioned them to sit at the front couch, facing the sofa where Jaejoong and Dara were sitting while he sat down again beside Dara.

 

“Pardon us, if we have not fully told you the whole ritual for the ceremony of blood clarification of a black knight” Dara said solemnly, bowing a little. She is obviously full of remorse. Completely opposite of Jaejoong who just raise an eyebrow towards Sang Hyun.

 

Sang Hyun cleared his throat. “Well, I guess, it will be just a waste of time if I take vengeance on you…by almost killing Uee?!”

 

Dara gasped while Uee gives Sang Hyun a questioning looked. But Sang Hyun’s eyes were fixed only on Jaejoong. He was challenging the prince to rebuttal.

 

“Yes, it will be just a waste of time. The ceremony was done according to what was written by your ancestors” Jaejoong said calmly.

 

Sang Hyun raise an eyebrow and just nodded. “I know…my Black Knight blood is now fully awakened.”

 

Jaejoong’s eyes were locked on Sang Hyun’s. “You’re eyes is now golden”

 

“Yes, just like yours”Sang Hyun turned briefly to Dara “and yours” then turned again to Jaejoong “what does it indicate?”

 

Uee then speaks, “So are my eyes…we now both have golden eyes…”

 

Dara nodded silently but did not say a word.

 

“Tell me, what you now know, Black Knight.” Jaejoong demanded.

 

“A Black Knight, upon blood clarification his eyes will turned to black but should have returned to amethyst then to its usual color, dark brown with a gold around the cornea. This is the knowledge imprinted in my blood upon my awakening. Other than that, I don’t know anything else.”

 

Jaejoong nodded at him. “Yes, you are correct…though there are things about yourself that you have not yet known…”

 

“And that is?”

 

“You must have also known by now that we share the same blood…or you have not yet felt it?”

 

Sang Hyun turned his eyes toward Uee and holds her hands more firmly. “I felt it the moment that I was claimed as a Black Knight”

 

Uee knotted her brows while opened in surprise. Sang Hyun did not say a word then turned to Jaejoong again.

 

Jaejoong said, “There are five vampire titles” he opened his fingers to point out each one “a king, a queen, a black knight, a duke and a bishop…that is what Kwon has told you, right?”

 

Both Uee and Sang Hyun nodded to him.

 

He continued, “Vampires mated to mostly vampires like them. The humans don’t have much attraction to us though some vampires find them fascinating…but mostly, in the vampire society we tried to live with our equals. Like every society, marriages are a common thing. But there is an exception, of course…”

 

Uee was holding her breathe with every words the prince was telling them. Sang Hyun was silent on her side though he continued to brush his thumb on her palms while holding each other’s hand.

 

“This exception was of course for the bloodline of the five vampire titles…or what they say in our society, the royalties” Jaejoong continued.

 

Dara continued the prince words. “We, the royalties was born under gifted blood…vampires with gifted bloods…making us far more powerful. Thus we are tasked to protect the society that has given us those very titles”

 

 “The royalties mostly get into marriages with common vampires at first…with their bloodline still intact. Which means, the dominant genes of gifted vampires still arises to their offspring…but later on as the society progresses and grow. There had been inter-marriages within the royalty…thus making somewhat some titles to be related to each other. Though there are no direct brothers or sister that had been married ever…Thus, the royalties began being interrelated in blood far more than just the “blood call”… Jaejoong explained.

 

“So that explained why I am related to you?” Sang Hyun asked.

 

“Yes, we’re second cousins through your father…”

 

“My father?”

 

“He is the last that had have the Black Knight blood in him”

 

 Sang Hyun stand up in quickly, letting go of Uee’s hand and he looked down at Jaejoong. “I have checked my father’s things…everything. But I have never saw anything that can be associated that he was a vampire?!”

 

Jaejoong nodded…Understanding and patient. “You’re father had hidden that part of him.”

 

“No, my father and mother both died in an accident when my brother and I were little. If he was a vampire, he could have survive that accident”

 

Uee then said,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter