Darkness

Black Knight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    “The vampires are on the move...” a cloak man in black informed his superior.

 

The red cloak man with a white masked has his back on his informer then turned to the side; his face was hidden in his hood. There in the shadow of the room, his other companion show himself, “Is it true?” he asked the hooded figure in the shadow

 

“Yes, my lord. The Duke had finally revealed himself”

 

“The Duke? When?”

 

“Last night, at the attack, after just a few hours, he comes barging in their house.”

 

“Have you seen what he wants from them?”

 

The hooded figure shook his head, “No, my lord. Forgive me. My men and I was not able to find out…”

 

They heard the red cloak man gritted his teeth and balled his fist in anger. “And why is that?!”

 

“The Duke, when he entered their house he did something…we cannot enter anymore inside the vicinity, not even in the garden where we used to hide…”

 

The masked man turned around, walked passed his subordinates then threw some of the vases and other little figures in the dark room. His hood had come off though his face is still hidden in a white mask; he looked at the hooded figure on the side. “Is your Duke hold such power over my blood?!”

 

“I only know through telltales, my lord…all I’ve heard is he can create powerful shields to keep anyone from harm though I don’t know to what extent…I have never seen him once since I was station to the vampire royalties’ main villa….”

 

The masked man grew silent then murmured. “If he is such a powerful vampire, why is he not beside your prince and princess?”

 

The hooded figure had no answer.

 

“Returned to your post and keep you cards in place…the vampires will grew alarm once they know about the attack last night, they will surely question you on why did you not do anything to stop the attack…Tell them that you did not know…make it appear that a powerful vampire had attack, making even their guards useless” the masked man ordered to his subordinate and then it leave, walking out of the room.

 

“Is a powerful vampire did attack last night?”

 

He then turned to the hooded figure. He observed for a second the face of his subordinate then answered, “You’ve been serving me since the day you have known me...and with that I trust you. No, not a powerful vampire has attacked last night; actually that very vampire is now dead.” He stopped when he saw the hooded figure raise an eyebrow in inquiry, “He failed to complete his mission. A useless creature…If you must know, over indulgence of my blood will surely make me grew hostile” he smile wickedly, “Thus, I give him what he deserves…a bite from a bloodletter…a male bloodletter…”

 

The hooded figured bowed his head, “Does that mean you won’t allow me to drink from you again, my lord?”

 

A wicked laugh filled the room; the masked man slowly walked towards the hooded figure and holds the figure’s chin for their eyes to meet…amber to topaz, both common colors but both knew that the masked man’s amber eyes hide how powerful he truly is. “Do not worry…you have been very helpful to my cause…thus my blood will still be given to you…”

 

The hooded figure smile reluctantly since he knew the indication of the words of his master…he will only be able to taste his master’s blood only if what he delivers is very important information. His mouth quivered in fear but the masked man smile at him though menacingly. “M-master…the ceremony had been done…One of the living Black Knight had been awakened”

 

“And his bloodletter? Uee, where is she?”

 

The hooded figure knotted his brow but still answer. “She was with them the entire ceremony….”

 

“So, what I’ve heard of how the ceremony is done is correct…”

 

“What do you mean, master?”

 

“Awakening and clarifying a Black Knight’s bloodline is done through harming their bloodletter…that is the reason that in all of the five vampire titles the Black Knight is always the first one to find their destined bloodletter…because their blood cannot be awakened without their bloodletter being injure in front of them. Seeing the spilled blood of their most precious bloodletter triggers the very essence of a Black Knight’s blood…and that is to protect.” The masked man looked down at his subordinate, “What did they do afterwards?”

 

“The other royalty, they leave the Black Knight alone in the room with his bloodletter…”

 

“Have you found out what they did in the room?”

 

The hooded figure gulped for a second and gaze at his master’s eyes as if contemplating if he should say his next word. “I only heard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter