Chapter 8

Love and war

Suzy didn't know what to do. 

She couldn't follow eunjung's instructions, because probably, she said everything wrong, because she suspected something.

-Where do you want to go?-he asked

-uhmmm, i don't know. You lead the way.

He thought about it for a while. As he was taking too much time, she said

-ok, let's go to that karaoke bar over there.

-Have you ever been there?

-Nope, but trying isn't a bad idea, is it?

-Alright then, to the karaoke bar.

He parked the car and they got in.

They started talking about stuff like music, movies, etc. 

Suddenly, suzy suggested to play the 20 questions game.

-I start, because I am the lady. Ok, here I go. How do you do, to beat your enemy?

He knew of course, what she was up to. She knew about how his company was placed first. 

-Uhhhmm, I just find their weaknesses and turn them against them. And you? What's you strategy?

-I just figure out what they are up to, and act first.

That confused him, what did that mean?

What he both hated and loved about suzy was his innability to read her.

He was this type of guy, who knows women really well, but suzy was different to the rest.

-Ok, now you ask first.

-Alright, what do you expect on a man?

-Well, good looks, good sense of humour, smart, athletic and not to cheesy.

-Oh, so you are the cold type of girl, huh?

-I guess so. My turn. What's your weakness in girls?

-Let me see, the body and their voice.

-Oh, so the voice huh? Let me see if that is true.

She ran to the stage and started to sing Her voice was like candy to him, and he couldn't take it anymore.

He was really surprised. Pretty, smart, and with a good voice.

If she wasn't her enemy, he would have married her.

She finished her song, and came down the stage. 

-Did you like it?

- There are better voices than yours.

He didn't want to sound like he liked her, that would make her think she could take advantage of the situation.

-Fair enough, you don't like it, it's cool

She really was an awesome person. Anyone would look dissapointed when they heard those words.

Suzy saw soohyun's face, and knew he liked it. Everyone clapped at her, and she thanked them.

She would have a few more dates with him, and he would be head over heels for her.

Suddenly, she saw yoseob enter to the bar, and she just wanted to run away. She didn't want him to think she had anything with soohyun. 

She never minded about what people thought aout her, but why did she suddenly care of yoseob's thoughts for her?

She didn't have to think about these things now, she just had to focus on making the north west company slump.