Chapter 11

Love and war

From that day onwards, suzy decided to focus only on her work.

It was hard for her to forget what she saw the day before. 

That day, she got so angry that she called soohyun and arranged a date.

After doing it she regreted it a lot, but then she thought about it and decided that hanging around other people was not a bad idea.

Next day, soohyun came and picked her up.

-Where are we going?

-Just wait and see.

-I´m dying to know. Please tell me.

-You just stay still until I tell you.

-Okay.- she pouted.

These were the moments that soohyun enjoyed the most. When she showed her cutest side, not when she attacked him and played hard to get.

They arrived to a farm. There were lots of animals and it was the perfect place to enjoy nature.

-Why did you bring me here?

-Why? You don't like it?

-Well, I don't know how to take it. I know that when men like other women, they always try to impress them, taking them to expensive places. Is that I'm not special for you? That I'm less important than your other girls? You know. yesterday was a terrible day for me. I saw something that made me feel terrible, and made me feel that I´m not loved. I asked you out because I thought somehow you could make me feel better.

Soohyun knew that she was talking with the truth. He had never heard her talking that way to anyone; and he felt happy because that made him think she trusted him enough to tell him those things.

-You are special to me. And don´t think that you are not loved, because that´s not true. I brought you here, because I wanted you to know my history. This is the place where I was born. I grew in this place.

-You mean you were poor before?

-Yes, I was. And I was a lonely boy too. When I look at you, I see the old me reflected. Even though you've got thousands of people doing things for you, you feel lonely. You don't know who to trust, or to rely on. Well, when I was a child, my parents weren't there for me either. They were always out searching for new possibilities, jobs, in other words, money. Can you see that flock of sheep over there?

- Yes.

-Well, they were my friends. I talked to them about my problems, and they just stayed there, listened to me. That's what I wanted and I needed at that moment. Someone to stay there, not run away. Not promise me they´ll be home early and never come back.

Suddenly, tears flowed from soohyun's eyes. To his surprise, suzy whipped them and said:

- You are not alone in this. There will always be someone that loves you and cares for you. I know I'm not the perfect person to tell you this, but you are perfect, and anyone that leaves you is an , and is making a big mistake.

Those words made soohyun feel better. Listening those words from her, made him have some hope.

-So, do you wanna go and visit my old friends? Maybe, they like you and start being friends with you too.

Suzy just chuckled and nooded. Soohyun went running and suzy followed his back. This was the perfect moment, if only he wasn't her enemy.

They had a great time together, meeting the rest of the animals, enjoying the nature, and most of all, enjoying themselves. From the first time in their lives, they felt like they could be themselves, and get out from all that workaholic world.