The Quarry.

Tried to walk

Baro looks around, nothing has changed, everything remained the same, except that Eunkyung was not with him. His tears blinded him as he remembered that he had once promised that he would make Eunkyung his woman. The fact that he had brought the girl he loved here made him feel even worst, how was he going to forget her? 

Baro calmly sits and picks up a leaf, he sighed, thinking of Eunkyung's voice. She had never once screamed out his name and cried over him. Baro smirks as he thought about how pathetic he was that Eunkyung had to desperately find him. Baro threw away the leaf and hits the ground with both his hands. 

''AM I THAT PATHETIC TO YOU?! I KNOW I'M A FOOL FOR LOVING YOU! I KNOW IT WAS MY MISTAKE! NOW THAT YOU KNOW WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT I CAN'T EVEN FACE YOU ANYMORE?! LIKE WHAT?! ASKING ME TO STAY WITH YOU EVEN THOUGH JINYOUNG'S WITH YOU?! I SHOULDN'T HAVE RETURNED HERE EITHER! I did everything for you....i came back here just for you, DON'T YOU KNOW THAT?!'', cried Baro as he clenches his teeth. 

--------------------------------------------------

Eunkyung heads towards the door, and tucks in a picture of her and Baro in her pocket. As she steps out of the house, a harsh wind swept by her face causing her hair to mess up all over her face. 

''Eunkyung-ah! Where are you going?!'', yelled Eunkyung's mother.

''Omma, i'll be back soon. I have something to do first.!...'', Eunkyung shouted as she left the house.

Eunkyung's eyes wandered around as she searched for Baro, where in the world could he be? Eunkyung stops at the road junction, while waiting for the green man to appear, Eunkyung swipes her feet against the hard concrete floor thinking of Baro. Everytime she thought very  hard, she would pout her lips without her realising it. 

''Baro oppa, where are you...Do you know that i'm so worried? Please answer my call...'', Eunkyung whispers to herself as she repeatedly hits the dial button, but to no avail.

The green man light finally flashes and Eunkyung crosses the road. Halfway walking, Eunkyung stops and dramatically turns around and started running. She ran passed Baro's house, the lights were off, she knew exactly where to find him now. Whenever, she was troubled she would always go to the quarry, Baro must be doing the same then. Eunkyung smiles as she ran towards the direction, hoping that Baro would be there.

''Baro oppa, wait for me. I-i--i'm coming.'', Eunkyung pants as she runs. Although she felt weak, she tried to walk at a fast pace. 

Eunkyung runs towards the quarry, walks in the forested area, frantically searching for Baro. Eunkyung started to tear up as she couldn't find Baro. Eunkyung summoned the courage to continue seaching. Eunkyung stops in her tracks, her eyes carefully detected a person standing by the edge of the river. 

''Eunkyung-ah, do you remember those times? Before i went to America? How much you cried over me? I never thought about it seriously then. We were too young then. I couldn't control my parent's decisions. I had to leave, although it was a rather short period, after i came back, everything changed. I was always second to Jinyoung. Although, i was your bestest friend, i was not as important as Jinyoung. It would have been better if i hadn't came back.... I..i love you, don't you know that?, Baro unconsciously spoke those saddening words as he stares at the water. 

Crystal-like tears trickled down his cheeks. It was the first time, Eunkyung heard Baro's true feelings.. All this while he had always been the proactive one, calling her first, asking her out, everything. Eunkyung was too into Jinyoung that she had forgotten about Baro at times, taking advantage of Baro just because he had always been the cheerful one, and the one who always smiled. Whereas, whenever Jinyoung had troubles, it was clearly shown from his expression. However, Baro, had always been the one hiding his true feelings from Eunkyung so as to not worry her. Eunkyung finally realises this. 

Eunkyung delicately steps on the leaves and made her way to Baro. Baro hears the soft footsteps, he stand stills. Eunkyung carefully wrapped her arms around Baro's waist. Baro knew it was Eunkyung, it was too obvious, her scent, the vanilla and mint scent that he had always like. The one that Eunkyung had like after Baro bought it for her for her 17th birthday, and ever since then she sticked with the shampoo product. Baro looks down and sees Eunkyung's hands. Her fingers were blue from the cold.

''How long had she been searching for me?..'', thought Baro.

''Oppa, I'm so sorry. I would have treated you better had i known. Please listen to me for once,'', Eunkyung pleaded to Baro.

Baro didn't budge, he didn't want to change his mind. Eunkyung lets him go and faced him. She looked into his eyes and all she saw was Baro's confused and innocent eyes. Eunkyung, fearing that Baro would leave her, hugs him again. This time with her head on his shoulders.

 

Baro tears up, he took a deep breath and pushes Eunkyung away. He couldn't understand the meaning of it. Eunkyung on the otherhand baffled by Baro's actions. 

''Eunkyung-ah, i think you'd better leave'', urged Baro.

''Oppa! Do you know how long i've tried searching for you?!'', exclaimed Eunkyung, baffled at Baro's actions.

''Had you known me well enough, you would have known where to find me.., am i not right?'', replied Baro coldly.

Eunkyung automatically looks at Baro's eyes, she started shedding tears after Baro threw those knife-like words at her. After painfully searching for him in the cold, he throws those hurtful words at her. 

Baro realised the immense hurt he had inflicted to Eunkyung as he spout those harsh words to her. He tooked a good look at her, her hair was out of place, her lips pale and cracked, her eyes swollen from crying. 

Eunkyung casts her eyes at the ground, she nodded her head, agreeing to what Baro had said.

''Fine, if this is going to destroy our friendship, then i'd rather take it off!'', Eunkyung hastily took the necklace that Jinyoung had given to her.

As Eunkyung took the necklace off, the ring slips out of the silver chain, it rolled to the edge of the river. In a frenzy, Eunkyung rushes towards the edge of the river.

''And you still say i'm more important than him? Look at you, foolishly taking off the necklace and running after the ring infront of me.'', Baro laughs disappointedly. ''You've chosen him over me again....'', Baro said those words as he walks off. 

Baro walks off leaving Eunkyung behind.