Baro oppa, where are you?

Tried to walk

Eunkyung runs to find Baro, but Baro was nowhere to be seen. Eunkyung runs towards the road junction, feeling desperate she screams for him.

''Baro oppa!!''

Baro at an alley nearby, hiding, heard her screams. He tried so hard to ignore. Each time he heard her voice, his frail heart felt like it was going to burst. Baro ignores her desperate calls and continued walking a different path from his house. He wanted to go to place where he and Eunkyung would always go to.

Eunkyung's voice slowly dissipate in the background as he got further away from her. His footsteps got faster, and he walks towards a forested area near his house. Baro smiled as he remembers the familiar path that he used to walk with Eunkyung when they were kids, being neighbourhood friends, and coming from a broken family, the both of them wanted to free themselves from the burdens of life. Hence, they both found a place, where they could hide and free their minds from troubles if they were ever plagued by problems. Even though, he was worried about Eunkyung and his heart felt like it was going to collapse anytime, he still tried to walk.

 

Eunkyung bursts into tears as she looked around for Baro. She felt so lost for the first time, she didn't want to lose her best friend, someone so precious to her. Eunkyung fishes out her phone and dials Baro's number. He was not picking up, her heart just couldn't rest and she tried searching for him everywhere. Jinyoung secretly watches over Eunkyung from behind. Everytime she stops and desperately tries to call Baro and find him, Jinyoung felt a lump develop in his throat and a heavy feeling on his chest. 

Eunkyung could only see blurry images ahead of her as her eyes were filled with tears. Her legs felt weak, her lips were cracking from the cold weather, she felt light and she finally collapses. 

''Eunkyung-ah!', yelled Jinyoung as she sees her faint.

Jinyoung runs towards her and shakes her violently, calling out her name. Passerbys started gathering and asking if Eunkyung was alright. Eunkyung heard murmurs around her, and she sees Baro (it was Jinyoung not Baro/but she mistakes him for Baro)

''Baro oppa...'', Eunkyung mimic those words.

Jinyoung knew that Eunkyung was coming to her senses and hugs her to shield her from the cold. A kind men helped carry Eunkyung onto Jinyoung's back. Jinyoung carried the weak and frail Eunkyung on his back. All he heard was Baro's name. Although, he felt a severe pain in his chest, Jinyoung carried on walking. The wind blew against them, Jinyoung could hear the howling of the wind and the cool breeze that greeted them.

''Eunkyung-ah, i love you, even if i was late in returning my feelings for you. I still love you. I'm so sorry,'', Jinyoung whispers those words to himself.

Eunkyung slowly opens her eyes as she hears those words. Tears trickled down her face. She pretended like she never heard those words. Jinyoung finally reaches Eunkyung's home. Jinyoung with a heavy heart presses the doorbell. 

From the monitor, Eunkyung's mother sees Eunkyung on Jinyoung's back. Eunkyung's mother panics and rushes to her Eunkyung's aid.

''Eunkyung-ah! Are you alright? Jinyoungie what happened?! She's never relapse ever since me and Eunkyung's father filed for divorce!'''', exclaimed Eunkyung's mother as she panics looking at her pale-faced daughter.

Jinyoung kept silent for a moment, till Eunkyung's mother led the way to Eunkyung's bedroom. It was the first time Jinyoung entered the house, whereas Baro had been at Eunkyung house 'millions of times' till Eunkyung's mother made a guest room just for Baro. Eunkyung's mother opens the door to Eunkyung's bedroom, even though it was small, it felt cozy. Jinyoung carefully places Eunkyung on the bed and tucked her in. Eunkyung's mother leaves the two of them in the room, and goes into the kitchen to make herbal medicine for Eunkyung.

Jinyoung looks around the room, and sees a photo frame on Eunkyung's study table. Jinyoung slowly walks towards Eunkyung's table and held the photo frame in his hands. It was a picture of Eunkyung and Baro. It was a picture taken five years ago, when they were thirteen. It was the picture taken after Baro finally returned to Korea after staying in America for two years. During those times, Baro had secretly loved Eunkyung. 

''Jinyoung oppa...''. Eunkyung calls Jinyoung.

Jinyoung places the photo frame down and heads towards her. Her face was pale, her eyes red from crying.

''Eunkyung-ah...'', Jinyoung places his hand on her face.

Eunkyung held Jinyoung's hands and gave him a faint smile. Eunkyung felt that she had totally betrayed Jinyoung with her actions. She loved Jinyoung but she just felt guilty for Baro. Whenever she was alone or was hurting, Baro had always been there for her. Although, Jinyoung had always played the role of ''oppa' and took care of her, Baro played a more significant person in her life.

Twelve years ago, during Chuseok, Eunkyung's family visited Baro's family. While they were there, Baro took a liking for Eunkyung thinking she was cute and the both of them played playfully around the family's yard. Baro then, suggested to Eunkyung that they played at the quarry near his house. Eunkyung mystified by the beauty of the place, instantly took a liking for Baro also.

''Eunkyung-ah, whenever you feel troubled, you should come to this place and think of me. I'm only showing you this place cause i think you're cute''., said the innocent and young Baro.

''Why would i come here and think of you? What would people think if a girl and a boy came here?'', said the slow and innocent Eunkyung.

From then on, they became really close with each other and were inseparable. Thing changed after Baro migrated to America for awhile, and Jinyoung enters Eunkyung's life. It was a mistiming for the three of them.

''Eunkyung-ah, what are you thinking of?'', Jinyoung curiously asked as Eunkyung was deep in thoughts.

''Umm..nothing.. i'm just not feeling too well...Oppa, you should go home. Don't worry about me.'', replied Eunkyung as she turns away from Jinyoung and pretends to sleep.

Jinyoung gave Eunkyung a kiss, feeling dejected, he walks out of her room and didn't look back.'

 

Eunkyung turns to see Jinyoung's back, she tries to control her tears seeing the guy she loved walk away from her. She was the one who wanted him to leave. Eunkyung was still worried about Baro. As soon as Jinyoung leaves, Eunkyung picks her jacket up and leaves the house as well.

''Baro oppa, where are you..''