And thus, along came chapter six

Mission: Vampire Mafia

 And so, I spent the rest of the day happily chatting with Jaejoong. He was really easy going, sweet and humble; unlike Hangeng. We talked like the best friends in the whole world; I felt so at ease with him. I had never trusted people easily, but it seemed to be different this time.

He left a couple of times to sneak food in for me between the regular feeding schedule and some “fashion magazines that us human females like to read” as he called them. To be honest, I never really payed attention to fashion, I had no time to do that with my work.

Now, we were laying on the fluffy carpet staring at the smooth ceiling in silence. I was rather drowsy and just when I was going to close my eyes and take a nap, I felt something cold and soft wrap itself around my hand. I looked to the side and there he was. Jaejoong had grabbed my hand and was absent-mindedly playing with my fingers. I felt small shocks of electricity that washed away my drowsiness.

-What are you doing…?- I asked him a bit taken aback for his actions.

 -What do you mean?- he retorted, frowning.

I looked down at our intertwined hands and then back at him again. He just smiled that innocent smile of his and went back to staring at the ceiling. All in all, it seemed intentional.

I wondered whether this boy was a vampire or not. He had the looks; that was out of the question but… What about his attitude? Weren’t all vampires the same? Ruthless, rude, merciless, evil…? But, this creature right here didn’t have any of those features. He wasn’t like that at all; he was rather innocent and bubbly, maybe younger than me…

-Hey Jae, how old are you?

-I’m nineteen- he said sheepishly.

-No way! You look so much older! Really, how old are you?

-Including the years I’ve been a vampire?- he asked, looking at me, suddenly serious.

-Yes, including the years you’ve been a vampire…

-Twenty four. Not much right? I still prefer to think that I’m nineteen though- he said chuckling.

-Man…Your making me feel kind of like a e y’know?- I said, turning my body so I could face him.

-How so?- he said laughing.

-Today’s my 23rd birthday, so that means I’m older than you!

-Do you really feel older than me?- he said, propping himself up in his elbows.

-Sometimes, but not really

-What do you mean by “sometimes?”- He inquired.

-It’s just that you act so…kindly, innocent and sweet that you don’t really seem your age… You also make it hard to believe that you’re a vampire- I said, sitting up and not looking at him.

The aura of the room became tense and stiff. I probably shouldn’t have said that…

“Silly! He’s a vampire, remember? He could you dry any moment” One part of my conscience said. But, as usual, the other part disagreed.

“I don’t think Jae would do something like that. He’s too good”

“But he barely has five years as a vampire. Aren’t they supposed to be wild and have little self control during the first years?”

“Yes, but…”

I closed my eyes and clutched my head to stop the pointless thoughts. It was true that he had little time being a vampire. On the other hand, it was also true that he seemed to have control over his thirst.

-Hey! You okay? - Jae asked me, touching my shoulder.

-Yeah, don’t worry… Um, Jae? Is there any way I can talk to Hangeng?- I asked. I knew what I had to do; I couldn’t let Jae get in my way.

-Yea…Actually, he wanted to have dinner with you today. It’s almost the time so let’s go

He didn’t seem too keen on going there. He confirmed me this by taking my hand tightly and saying:

-Don’t let go of my hand and don’t look in the eyes of any vampire we may encounter alright?-

-Why?

-Do you really have to ask? Sooyoung, you’re human- he answered.

“…Human…”


A/N: Hi guys!

This chapter is going to be the last one I update in a couple of weeks. I'm going on vacation and I won't be having acces to internet or a computer. Sorry 'bout that guys n.ñU

Anyways!

Please do comment! And subscribe!