Why are you so scared of me Sooyoung…?

Mission: Vampire Mafia

          I woke up in a dark room. I couldn’t see anything, I felt blind, numb. I just sat there for a few moments until my memory came flooding back and then my breathing pace started to pick up. Who was…What was the creature that had bitten me in the woods?

          Fear filled me completely and I stood, desperately trying to find my way out of this place. Behind me, I felt something move. Like a door opening and someone entering.

     -Who is it…? - I said out to the darkness. I just heard a male laugh and some rustling of clothes.

     -WHO IS IT!?- I yelled, this time hugging myself, trying to feel safer.

         Suddenly the room lit up, and I closed my eyes at the bright white light. When I got used to it, I opened my eyes and looked around. There was no one. “Perhaps I imagined the laugh…? And the woods…Maybe it was a dream?”

         When I turned around again, an elegant chair had appeared. It seemed to have been there since the beginning. It was then when I took in my surroundings. The walls were pure white, and the only furniture it had was a pair of white leather couches, a coffee table and…the elegant chair …where an oddly familiar man was sitting.

          I freaked out. I hadn’t noticed him before. Was I really that numb? I watched him warily, when he motioned me to sit on the couch besides him with his hand. I carefully sat, still watching him and taking in his features. He was extremely pale, almost white. He had bleached blonde hair and black eyes. He was wearing a white suit with white shoes. I wondered why so much white.

          He suddenly looked at me and smiled. He had perfect teeth and…a pair of abnormally large fangs. Yeah, totally normal. His face was very handsome and alluring, but it scared the life out of me. I got goose bumps and I slowly inched away from him.

      -Why are you so scared of me Sooyoung…? - He said after a while of watching me.

          A shiver went through my spine. How did he know my name? What else did he know…? Damn, I knew that taking the shortcut was a bad idea. I’m officially screwed. My hands were sweating; I was incredibly nervous, and just as scared. Finally, I gathered up some courage and spoke, in a terrified voice:

       -How…h-how do you know m-my name…? It seems that my response made him amused, because he stifled a laugh.

       -I know everything about you, my dear Sooyoung. I know…- he said, standing up. He took one step towards me and then he disappeared. I stood up quickly and started to back away when I bumped into something hard and… cold. -…I know every little thing about you, every thought, every moment you have lived from the very day you were born. You can’t hide anything from me…- he said, grabbing me by the shoulders. I tried to get away but his grip was very strong.

       -Who are you…!?- I asked, closing my eyes in fear and lowering my head. I felt tears coming, I felt frustrated.

       -My dear Sooyoung…You honestly don’t remember me? - He asked, lifting my head-. I’m Han Geng

           I felt time freeze. It couldn’t be. He… Han Geng…He went missing! It was supposedly two years ago! What was he doing here!?


FLASHBACK

-How’s everything going? – Hang’s voice said through the small earphone I had.

-Not so good. I need some back up. I think we’ve been discovered-I responded, sneaking into a dark hallway. We were on our first mission together for Korea’s secret service.

-This is the biggest mafia family in Seoul we’re talking about…Be careful, I can’t-…- and it was interrupted. I panicked and hastily started running to his location.

-Han Geng! Hang Geng! Hey! Say something! - I almost shouted into my microphone. But nothing came. I met up with the others in this mission; they were as stressed as me.

-We have to get out of here ASAP! - said my other teammate, Kyuhyun.

-But Hang Geng! Something happened to him!- I replied, concern all over my voice. He was like my idol... I had a huge crush on him ever since I met him.

-It doesn’t matter! We have to leave him behind!-responded the leader, Leeteuk.

~Some days later, still flashback~

-Hey, Sooyoung…- Leeteuk called me. We were in a meeting with our boss. He hadn’t arrived yet-. We found Hang Geng’s body yesterday. He is officially dead.

And then, my world crumbled.

END FLASHBACK


 

    -Han- hang Geng!? Seriously? - I said, turning around. I studied him more, and gaped in disbelief. It couldn’t be him! He didn’t use to have bleached white hair and…he wasn’t this handsome… Is he real or is it my imagination?


 Author note:

I bet you didn’t expect Hankyung to appear huh? He’s a baaad boy ;) Kyuhyunnie will appear later on. Thanks for reading! ;D