Of white cages and black butterflies

Mission: Vampire Mafia

After the visit, we returned to the white room. My eyes burnt a little from the constant change of light and they were starting to get teary. They were probably red too. It seems that this didn't go unnoticed for the…vampire accompanying me.

      -Aw, are you crying? Did seeing Kyuhyunnie in a cell make made you sad?

      -Shut it. It's the light. I would never cry in front of you no matter what could be happening to me

      -So brave! It's a shame you don't know your place though- he said, stopping abruptly. He had been walking in front of me. I bumped into him and felt his arms wrapping around me. He leaned down to whisper something in my ear.

      -You better not talk to me like that again… - he said, and exited the room.

Damn. The tone he used made my heart skip a beat. Even though I knew he wasn't the same person I had fallen in love with… My heart doesn't get it. Yet.

I looked around the room. It was so…white. I had always thought that white represented purity, chastity. It is my favorite color. Even when people say that it's boring I think that it's beautiful: powerful. But this room didn't look beautiful to me.

It was a cage, my prison. At the moment, I wasn't a free person. I was doomed, just because I took a shortcut I didn't know. I sat on the couch and hugged my knees. My head was spinning, and my heart picked up its rhythm. I started to hyperventilate and I broke down.

I wouldn't be free again.

The one I once loved isn't alive anymore.

I was kidnapped by a vampire.

I can be killed when I least expect it.

I started to breathe even faster and I passed out.


I opened my eyes and found myself in a meadow, full of white flowers. The soft breeze moved my hair around and I was able to smell the essence of the tulips that surrounded me; they seemed to go on and on, for that was the only thing I could see.

Then, a black butterfly landed on my shoulder. I looked at it, and it started to flutter, doing intricate shapes. It was so beautiful; it was like…the representation of freedom.

At that moment, I felt so alien to the reality. I… I wanted to become a butterfly; that black butterfly that seemed to have so much freedom. I chased it, trying and trying to catch it. But, it would always fly away. It escaped from me.

I finally gave up, lying on the ground, staring at the night sky. I closed my eyes and dozed off for a while.

When I felt something on my forehead, I woke up. I sat up and looked around. The same butterfly that was running away from me was innocently flying around, without a care in the world. I smiled and closed my eyes. I felt so peaceful in this place. It was like a dream. And, I didn't want it to end.

              -Sooyoung!- Startled, I opened my eyes and gasped.

             -Kyu…Kyuhyun! Wha-what are you doing here? - I stuttered, standing up, shocked by the fact that I didn't feel him approach. He had a strange aura. Completely dressed in black, his skin was ghostly pale. His once deep chocolate eyes were now void of life.

He didn't respond. He only grabbed my hand and started to skip around, like a little child would do. He laughed freely, but his laugh was frightening. It had a demented edge to it.

Despite the demented edge of his laugh, he kept on holding my hand and running around. But, his hold was becoming weaker and weaker with every step we took. Finally, he let go of me and stopped, confused. He turned around and looked at me strangely, like wanting to make sure I was still there.

-Sooyoung? Hey…Say something! Sooyoung! Hey! - He started to call out to me, panicking. I frowned, confused at his reaction.

-Kyuhyun, I'm right here! Can't you see me? - I said, fear running through my veins.

He looked around, like searching for something. Then, he stopped, he stopped searching…and started skipping again, having already forgotten about me.

-Kyuhyun! HEY! Kyuhyun don't! Don't… don't leave me…! - I said, reaching out to him. But then, I saw my arm and gasped. I could see through it. Like a ghost. I looked at my back, and saw a pair of beautiful black butterfly wings.


There was once a girl, a girl who lived in a white cage, and would always dream of being free.

There was once a butterfly, a butterfly that was envied even by humans, due to its beauty.

The girl wanted to be as free as the butterfly. She dreamed of being able to fly on and on without a care in the world. And, one day, she was set free.

The butterfly, one day found a single rose. A white rose that was in a white cage. But, the butterfly couldn't see that it was only the reflection of its own desires and like a fool, it was trapped in the cage.

At the end, nor the butterfly or the girl knew.

Had the girl turned into the butterfly? Or had the butterfly turned into the girl?


A/N: Here's another update guys! I know I have some explanation to do about the delay and… well, I'm sorry. I was in a car accident and I had to be hospitalized for a few weeks. I have a broken arm and leg, and a sprain on my ankle along with scratches and whatnot. I wrote all of this just for you guys with one hand, I kinda felt bad about not updating for so long.

Hope you guys liked the chapter! Thanks to all that have subscribed!