What did I get myself into?

Mission: Vampire Mafia

       -In case you're wondering dear, I am the Han Geng you know. The one that died two years ago- he said.

           I couldn't believe it, but it was definitely him. When I was told he died, I refused to believe such thing. I started doing solo missions, while looking for him, seeing my old teammates only from time to time. Actually, I hadn't heard from them in more than six months… I hope they're doing well.

      -So you didn't…you didn't die…I knew it! Somehow I knew you weren't dead. But, how…?

      - How did I make it through the mafia? - He finished for me-. I didn't. Where do you think we are right now?

         Slowly, everything started to make sense, but I still couldn't quite understand some things.

      -Are we… are we at the headquarters of the Kim family?

     -Bingo! I knew you were smart. But, it will soon change. Soon it'll be the Han family headquarters

     -You… you're part of the mafia now? For real? - I asked in disbelief.

     -You're right. And, to make things better, you'll stay with me from now on- He said, making me sit down besides him on the couch –. I know for a fact that your last mission was to infiltrate in this family. Bad choice, I would've left it for dear Kyuhyunnie…He's better at acting- he said cruelly, smiling like a murderer when he mentioned my oppa's name.

     -What… what did you do to him? - I feared the worst. To me, Kyuhyun was like my best friend.

     -Why do you assume that I've done something to him? -You…! Tell me where is he! - I yelled, raising my hand to recklessly slap him. He saw what I intended to do and quickly grabbed my wrist with a lot of strength. It started to cut my circulation. The cocky smile that he had before disappeared and it was replaced by a dangerous glare.

     -You better learn your place, because you're not special. If you behave, everything will go smoothly for you. But if you don't…This will happen more often

     -What will…ARGH! - I screamed. He had bitten my wrist; just where the vein was, and he was…he was ! He… he was drinking my blood! I tried to move but I couldn't, the pain was starting to spread all over my arm. It was horrible, unbearable. 

       He stopped when I was starting to feel dizzy. His lips were red, but he hadn't spilled any of my blood. He his lips, which I found very creepy and then smirked.

    -This will happen. I am a vampire, and you just happen to have a really sweet blood Sooyoung…

       I thought vampires weren’t real. What did I get myself into?

    -Am I…Am I going to become one? A vampire? - I asked, blood draining from my face.

    -No you’re not. At least not for now. We’ve got to find another human I can feed on before I turn you. You’ll make a good addition to the family, though- he said smiling and standing up-. Now come on, I’ll take you to the prisoner’s chambers. I’m sure there are some faces you want to see

       I stood up, trembling with fear, doing my best effort to walk straight after all the blood he had drunk. We walked out of the room and it was dark. Pure darkness, I couldn’t see anything. I kept on walking but bumped into Han Geng. He just grabbed my hand and started leading me down some stairs. I knew we were descending; we went down a lot of stairs.

       Finally we reached the last floor, where the chambers were. He opened the door and I squinted my eyes at the sudden light. When I could finally see clearly I gasped. It was like a long corridor, and on each side there was a row of cells, each one with a prisoner.

    -Welcome to your friend’s home. Isn’t it lovely? - Han Geng said, taking me to a special cell. It was at the end of the corridor and I saw most of my old teammates inside of the cells, with tortured expressions on their faces-. Here we are, Sooyoung. I’m sure you two remember each other…- I looked into the cell and couldn’t restrain the small yell that came out of my mouth. It was Kyuhyun! But he looked different…He looked insane, dirty and like he had given up on life. He was very pale, too.

   -Kyuhyun…? - I called him. He lifted his head and squinted his eyes-. Who are you…? Soo…Sooyoung!?- He exclaimed, finally recognizing me. He got up and neared the bars but the chains he had on didn’t allow him to really get to them-. What are you doing here!? You’ve got to get out! Don’t fall for his games! - He exclaimed, pointing at the vampire besides me-. Get out of here as soon as you can!

  -Aw, isn’t this cute? The once sweet and innocent maknae telling his dearest girl to run away…This definitely is a déjà vu. Don’t you remember the night you left me behind? Kyuhyunnie said the same thing- Han Geng said looking at us-. But he knows that he must not speak unless I tell him to so…Tonight, you won’t have your meal. It’s been…four? Or five? I think it’s been five days since you last ate. That’ll teach you to behave- he finished cruelly, taking my hand again and going for the door.

       In the background I could hear him screaming my name, telling me to take care and never believe anything he said.

        I would never do that.

       He wasn’t the Han Geng I knew.