Side chapter 1: Kyuhyun.

Mission: Vampire Mafia

If someone asked me why, probably I would tell them the truth ... the only reason why I had been going to that coffee shop every day was to see her. Her name: Choi Sooyoung. My eyes had never encountered such perfection in another human being.

It was sad actually; because my situation was not exactly the one I would have liked ... I know a lot about her, even her blood type! But she doesn’t know much about me ... and I know because we’ve been together at the agency for like 7 months, on the same group and she never calls me by my first name. And when we do actually talk, it’s only about assignments. Being the group official leader (not the one that actually has the power) just kills me in a very cruel way.

But, if that wasn’t enough, she’s dating someone. They’ve been seeing each other for the past five months. He is, of course, the most popular of the agency. But I don’t think he’d be a good agent at all, I’m sure a drunk man would be stealthier than him.

At that time, I was pulled from my thoughts when a loud thunder rumbled outside. I looked out the window and saw the monumental downpour that was falling. What a bum, just the day I decided to wear my long pants. Stupid global warming.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see the aforementioned Korean goddess rise from her seat, stunned at the sudden obnoxious rain.

“Oh damn... Now with this rain I can’t go home...and I have no umbrella” I heard her say, looking worried. She took out her phone and dialed a number. (What I would give for her phone number ... Although, surely if I had it, I wouldn’t dare to even text her).

“Hello? Chang Ryul-oppa? Hey, do you think you can come to pick me up at the cafe near the agency in your car? I came here walking and didn’t think it’d rain... No, I don’t have an umbrella... You can’t come? Why? Oh, you're out with your friends... OK, I understand ... “ she hung up and sighed deeply.

Fortunately, we were the only ones of our group in that small shop. Suddenly the idea of going up to her and offer going together with my umbrella crossed my mind, but I didn’t know what to do. Should I go and give her my umbrella? Or should I leave her alone? If I left her alone, that would mean that she would have to walk in the rain ... What if she gets sick?! That could mean not seeing her for a week or two! "I don’t think I can handle that!”.

And with renewed courage, but still quite nervous, I approached her table with my umbrella in hand.

"Uhm ... Sooyoung-sshi?” I called her shyly. She looked up, surprised.

“President Cho? What are you doing here? “

“I come here every day ... I like the latte they do here” I answered; somewhat embarrassed that she treated me by my surname and my title.

“Really? That is why I come every day as well” she said, with one of her wonderful smiles. “They are really good, don’t you think?”

“Yeah, of course I do” I said uncomfortably and laughing awkwardly. I had come to love the latte because of her...

“The one I like the most is the angel latte, the one with a figure of an angel in the glass and in the foam. I would like my ideal boy to be angelic” she softly said, blushing ever so slightly. “What's your favorite, president? Which one do you prefer?”

I noticed she was talking really formally. Did I seem so bad?

“Please, don’t just stand there; sit down” she said, pointing to the chair opposite her. I sat down, carefully placing the umbrella in my lap.

“Sooyoung-sshi ... There’s no need to be so formal ... We’re not at the agency” I said without being able to look at her directly.

“Oh ... So should I call you Kyuhyun-sshi? Or better, Kyuhyun-oppa?” She asked, smiling again. It seems that her formality was a joke.

“As you wish Sooyoung-sshi ...” I said looking down. I was sure that I was redder than a tomato.

“Alright then. Kyuhyun-oppa it is. So tell me, what’s your favorite latte?”

“The regular one." I replied, looking up at her, still unable to do so directly.

“Uhm, I don’t like it that much, it's too bitter to my taste but I guess it goes with you. A serious latte for a person equally serious.” She said this giggling.

 

Surprisingly, as we continued talking, it much easier to feel at ease. I firmly believe that is because she’s someone who always exudes an aura of confidence and trust that is hard to find. In fact, I don’t know how much time we spent talking and laughing. I know it was dark when she asked me a question that made me freeze.

“Tell me, do you have a girlfriend?”

“Sooyoung-sshi! Wha-what? What was that?” I exclaimed.

“A question. Tell me ~ Do you have one or not?”

“No ... I don’t “ I muttered.

“Omo! How can it be? You’re hiding her, I know~ “

“Sure, in my heart, I have hidden you, Sooyoung-sshi" I thought looking into her eyes, wishing desperately that somehow she could read my mind.

“Kyuhyun-oppa? Hey ... Did I say something wrong? Oppa?” she called, waving her hands in front of my face. I couldn’t avoid getting into this trance. For some reason, I was terribly disappointed. So much that I couldn’t feel Sooyoung sit beside me. However, I got out of my trance when she placed a hand on my shoulder.

“Are you okay? If it’s hard, don’t answer…there’s no need oppa ...” she said worried. I immediately turn my face to the window and blinked a couple of times. Stupid watery eyes.

“I'm fine, don’t worry ... “

“Well I think ...you should go home. It’s dangerous at night”

“ …What about you Sooyoung-sshi? I didn’t mean to, but I heard you talking to your boyfriend and, well, you don’t have an umbrella and this rain won’t stop anytime soon and-“

“Don’t worry; I'll wait a little more to see if it stops raining. It’s going to be cold later…But hey, I can’t do anything”

“Would you like me to walk you home? It’s even more dangerous for you, since you’re a girl”

“What?” She asked a bit surprised.

“Well my umbrella ... is big enough for two people to use comfortably and I don’t want you to get sick later. What will become of you if you can’t come to Professor Kim’s pop up tests? You how he is...”

“You sure? I wouldn’t like to be a burden to you..”

“It’s ok, don’t worry. Moreover, you’re petite so there’ll be more room “I said with a small smile.

“Okay, let’s go then ... “she said rising from her chair. We headed for the gate and I opened my umbrella. I went to held it, but so did she, and we brushed hands. Her hand was warm and her skin was smooth, just as I had always imagined. But what I never thought I was going to feel was a jolt of electricity run through me and almost make me stop. It made my heart skip a beat, stop and go a thousand miles per hour at the same time.

"Shall we go?" she asked, opening the door. I only managed to nod my head awkwardly and we started our journey under the rain, fortunately sheltered by my umbrella.

The way home was full of branches that got in the way and got us wet despite our umbrella and of horrible thunders that seemed to scare her to the bone. At some point, there was one that sounded really loud. Apparently it had fallen nearby. In any case, I felt Sooyoung’s hand wrap around my forearm. I stiffened a bit, but it seemed she was either too cold or too scared to let go.

“ Are you okay?” I asked stopping. She was about to answer when another thunder sounded again. She shuddered and hid her face in my arm.

“If we cross the street we’ll be in my house ... “she murmured, her hot breath making me have goose bumps. We quickly crossed the street, stepping into many puddles and we finally got to the doorway of his house.

“Well, I guess you stay here ... “I said, separating her gently from my arm without really wanting to.

“Why don’t you come inside for a bit? Your feet are soaked and you could catch a cold...”

“Wouldn’t it bother your family?” I asked.

“No ... I live alone. Come in, there’s no problem” she insisted. I readily agreed and went into her house behind her. It was quite small but cozy and it was very clean.

“Excuse me ... “ I said, starting to feel very conscious of myself. She turned to look at me and giggled. That kind of giggle that makes my heart jump and my stomach do back flips.

“You don’t have to do that, I live alone remember?” She said entering what appeared to be the kitchen.

“Oppa? I’ll make some tea. What kind of tea do you prefer?” She asked me, and I went to where she stood. The kitchen, like the rest of the house, was very neat.

“Green or black?” she asked, with boxes of tea in his hands.

“Green, please ... “

“I also prefer green tea, although the taste is bitterer than black, it’s better for your health. It is also very warming” she said cheerfully, taking a pot and filling it with water. Then she placed it in the stove to heat up the water and turned to me. After a while, I started feeling uncomfortable until one doubt certainly made me talk.

“Hey, wouldn’t your boyfriend get mad if he knew you were here with another guy?”

“Ah...Chang Ryul? I don’t think so... he, he ... won’t mind. As always” she said, pursing her lips like she was annoyed.

“But isn’t he your boyfriend? Isn’t he supposed to care? Doesn’t he love you?”

“Yes ... but I'm just like a trophy for him I guess. Lately, he’s been ignoring me. I've confronted him about the issue several times but all he does is kiss me, assuring me that he loves me but ... I don’t believe him” she ended, sighing heavily. Right then, the kettle whistled, indicating that the water was already boiling. At the same time, my heart sank painfully seeing how listless Sooyoung had become.

In a somewhat bold action on my part, I went over and touched her arm lightly.

“Sorry ... I should mind my own business ... “ I apologized.

“Don’t sorry... You were worried…” In complete silence, she poured the tea and gave it to me.

“Let’s drink the tea in the living room! My couch is comfortable ... “ she said. I guess she felt uncomfortable, for she was avoiding my gaze.

I followed her to the couch and sat at one end. She sat on the other, her torso turned towards me.

“Then keep talking ... Why don’t you have a girlfriend?"

"I'm just too shy around girls. Specially pre-pretty girls” I cursed inwardly for my stuttering.

“Omo! You stuttered! That means you’re nervous! Then… that means I’m pretty!” I widened my eyes. What have I done?

“Huh? I…Uhm…” I stammered unable to say anything. Then she just laughed and changed the subject. I was grateful, but at the same time somehow mad at myself for having missed the perfect opportunity to say what I felt.

After that, we kept talking, until it wasn’t raining. When it stopped, she rose from the sofa and looked through the window.

“It’s not raining anymore”

“I-I should go. Thanks for the tea” I said, standing up and going to the door. She followed me and opened the door.

“I guess we're friends now eh, president Cho?” She said, smiling.

“Yeah, friends…” If only… We could be more…


 

AN:

I'M BACK BABEZ!

Alright! I'm on vacation now~ And not grounded anymore *_* (because I was grounded for a month or so) that's why I didn't update.

This chapter is an insight of Kyuhyun's past, how he came to be friends with Sooyoung.

I know many of you wanted to know what happened with Rain and all? Well I only got one thing to say. It all comes at the right times, and with a price.