Chapter 10

Mission: Vampire Mafia

Kyuhyun’s POV.

 

                      I’m still a prisoner, but now I don’t have chains. I don’t know why though. The other day, I heard two vampires talking. They said some guy called Rain had gone out to assassinate with the human woman.

That woman had to be Sooyoung!

Just thinking about her, made me smile, and miss her even more.

~FLASHBACK~

From the very start, she had been my best friend.

We became friends in kindergarten, we were always together. Even now, that we’re two grown up adults, our friendship has not changed. If only, it has gotten stronger. She was the only person I could really trust. Always there for me with a smile… I could not ask for anything else.

 

Her smile was so cute; it could melt any bo—

“Yah! Cho Kyuhyun! What the hell are you doing? If the president catches us late again, we’re dead!” I snapped out of my reverie when I heard my best friend’s voice.

“Yea yea, I know Sooyoungie. Chill!” I said waving my hand.

“Aish, hurry!” she said, grabbing my hand and leading me down the dorm’s stairs. I thought we would fall; she was going too fast! I want to hold her hand longer though… was the only thought I had at the moment.

We were nearing the meeting room of the agency, where the morning lecture was about to start. I saw my clock and realized we only had thirty seconds left. I changed positions, this time me leading and sped up, entering the meeting room as quietly as possible and sitting down at the remaining two seats at the back.

“At least thanks would enough. It was rather complicated to make the president hold out another five minutes. I won’t complain if you want to pay me in other way though” I turned to my side and saw the familiar face of Hangeng. He was a senior secret agent, and was very close to president Yang.

“Yah! Even if I didn’t thank you, you would do it so hush~!” Sooyoung said smirking. He frowned and was about to reply when the president cleared his throat and started talking.

“Alright, listen up everyone. There’s going to be a special test – “everyone groaned. His pop-up exams were the worst. “–In which you’ll be able to participate on a real mission with an experimented agent. You’ll be evaluated in planning, procedure, disguises and how well you can act. The missions won’t be easy, that way you’ll have to give me you 110%. Understood? You’ll be put in teams of three, when you hear your names, come up here.” The room was filled with excited whispers, anticipating the teams and the mission.

 

“Choi Sooyoung, Cho Kyuhyun and Hangeng” We were finally called. I was surprised that we ended up together but shrugged it off. Must be a coincidence.

After we were given the mission, we were free for the day. To ‘have a stronger bond, teamwork is the key’ in the president’s words.

“Oppa, I’m so excited for this!” I heard Sooyoung say to Hangeng, grabbing his arm and laughing along with him. At that time, I didn’t know why I felt a pang of jealousy.

END FLASHBACK.


 

SOOYOUNG’S POV.

 

 

       I looked back at Rain’s retreating form and I felt nervous.

    “Sooyoung, dear, let’s grab something to drink yes?” Soo Man said with a greasy smile.

    “Of course President Lee…” I responded, feeling a little uncomfortable with his hand on my shoulder.

    “Soo Man for you beauty” he responded. I almost gagged at that but covered it up with a smile.

    “Would you mind grabbing a couple of drinks for us? I’ll be right back” he said, lowering his hand to my waist.

     “Not at all Soo Man…” I purred, acting as seducing as possible. I made my way to the bar and asked a martini and a glass of the strongest alcohol they had, adding some drugs to speed up everything. I already wanted to leave.

 

         I was wandering aimlessly through the guests. Looking at everyone, if you were in the business, you’d know right away that at least half were in mafias.

               “It’s so annoying, that old geezer has to go down. Fast!”

               “Don’t be stupid Yuhno; do you seriously know who you’re messing with?”

               “Of course I know Taecyeon. What you don’t know is that I have special friends on my side…”

               “You can’t be serious! Do you mean..?!”

                "Oh yeah. Some big boss he’ll be when he’s dry”

 

       I widened my eyes and discreetly got closer, my mind and body going into spy mode.

               

                    “Don’t you think there’s another w-way?” the man named Taecyeon said.

                    “It’s the only one, for it to be perfect. This same night, he’s going down” Yunho said evilly.

 

                 I got away from them, saving this conversation to the back of my mind, feeling it could come in handy later.

              “Beautiful, did I make you wait too long?” I heard Soo Man’s voice behind me. He put an arm around my waist and with the other he grabbed the glass. We went to sit at a VIP area, where the top people were.

                I looked around, trying to catch a glimpse of Rain but nothing, I couldn’t see him. During the next two hours, this man kept on talking nonsense, flirting openly with me and asking for various drinks. I made sure to put the drug on all of them so it would make an effect.

              “Ugh, my head~” he whined, trying to stand up but swaying a little. It was my opportunity.

              “Soo Man, are you alright? You don’t look too good…”

              “Damn right I’m nottt, come with mee to maiii room” he said, slurring his words. He grabbed my waist and led us to the elevators.

               “Havee I told youu how y you look tonight?” he commented on the elevator while going up. He was lowering his hands steadily, with a wanton smile.

               “Probably” I said laughing and helping him up when we got to his floor. Once on the room, he plopped down on the couch, and I served him some more alcohol. This guy could drink!

         He gulped it down in the blink of an eye, and just as quickly, he passed out. Finally!

              “I was wondering what took you so long” I gasped and looked at the door. Rain was there.

              “His resistance was pretty hard to break and he just speaks so much nonsense! And he kept on flirting with me” I rambled, somehow relieved that he was here.

             He neared me and put a finger to my lips. Then turned to the man on the couch, and the next thing that happened paralyzed me.

 

He crushed his skull with his single hand, killing him instantly.


 

A/N: So here it is! A bit late, but it's really long. Hope you guys like it!

Read and comment please! Who do you think our Sooyoung should end up with? (: