The School Dance

I love you, Mr. Playboy

“Noona…” he sighed. Eunbi was looking by the window, crying while watching Jonghyun leave their house. “You really love him?” 

“Taemin, you don’t know what I’m feeling right now.” Eunbi sobbed. Seeing his noona crying, Taemin hugged her caressing her back.

“It’s alright noona. Kibum-hyung would understand. Jonghyun-shii, he wants to talk to you that’s why he’s here. He also wanted to ask you to the dance but don’t worry, you’re coming with me, right?” Taemin said.

“Taemin, you’re really becoming a man.” Eunbi noted while ruffling his hair. Taemin just laughed.

 

The night of the school dance came, Eunbi didn’t prepare for it. She was busy with the school works, the preparations and her problem about Jonghyun and her brother is killing her. Good thing, there’s Taemin and his silly stories about his date with Sulli.

“Noona, you really have to get ready.” Taemin bugged her once she came from school. She just finished all the last minute preparations since all School Council members were busy preparing for their dates that night.

“I don’t want to go, I’m tired!” she whined, slouching herself in the sofa.

“You should go.” Kibum said sternly. Eunbi stood up hearing her brother’s voice. “I already picked everything you need.”

“Oppa!” Eunbi screamed hugging her brother. “Mianhae!”

“I understand you but talk to Jonghyun tonight, okay? Now, get ready. Taemin’s date is waiting.” Eunbi smiled then made her way to her room to fix herself up.

The dress was simple yet cute; it’s a white strapless dress with a pink ribbon tying up the waistline. Her brother also had matching heels but not too high, with colors pink and white. Other accessories were also pink and white, even her clutch bag. She put on a light make-up and let her hair loose.

“Wow noona, you look amazing.” Taemin exclaimed. His eyes were almost out of its socket. Eunbi chuckled, she went over to Kibum.  

“You look pretty.” he noted. “One last thing…” he trailed off before putting a clip on her hair. “That was eomma’s clip. It looks good on you. You’re all grown-up!”

Eunbi punched Kibum’s arms lightly. “Don’t be so dramatic. I love you, oppa!” she said then hugged the taller guy.

“Yah, we’re late!” Taemin wailed. Eunbi hugged him also, “I love you too, Tae!” Taemin just smiled.

 

Eunbi was the total head turner of the party; she danced with Taemin first but when Sulli came in, the young guy left her.

“You promised me to dance.” Minho said, pouting.

“Sure! I was looking for you, anyways.” Eunbi said, faking. The whole night she’s been looking for Jonghyun.

While dancing, Eunbi eyed Jonghyun by the punch bowl. He was staring at her so she didn’t bother looking at him.

“I knew it; you’re very pretty with the dress.” Minho whispered.

“Gomawo!” she answered shyly.

The whole dance was awkward until the song ended. “Minho-shii, can you please excuse me for a while?” Eunbi excused herself trying to approach Jonghyun but Jinki saw her.

“President, let’s dance.” he offered. “Sure” she answered.

Well, they were dancing but Eunbi’s eyes were roaming all around.

“Where’s Sunyoung?” the girl asked.

“She’s eating. You want to meet her?” he asked, she just nodded in response. Eunbi met Sunyoung and Jinki danced with her but now Jonghyun is nowhere to be found. “Aish, why are you so hard to find?” she whispered.

Jonghyun smirked before approaching the young girl. “You look pretty, babe!” Eunbi turned around facing him. “Wanna dance?” he offered his hand which Eunbi gladly accepted.

The dance was awkward; Jonghyun was staring at her while she’s looking at the ground. Jonghyun held bother her wrist and put her hands around his neck while his hands were on her waist. His actions made Eunbi look at him.

“Can we talk?” he started. Eunbi remained silent. “I’ll start…” he bit his lip before continuing. “I’m sorry about the Sekyung thing. That night, I was really surprised on your expression that’s why I suddenly remembered her. I’m sorry…” he stated.

Eunbi hushed him up. “I’m also sorry that I didn’t give you the chance to talk and explain everything. I’m sorry that I reacted that way. I just don’t know what to do. That day, Taemin, the paper works and hearing you yell her name; it just came all to me. I know I shouldn’t react that way since I’m not…” she didn’t finish her words.

“Not?” Jonghyun asked, she rolled her eyes. “Not your girlfriend.” she answered.

“Well, let’s start over. Can we?” Jonghyun said meeting her eyes. She nod then smiled. “I’m Kim Jonghyun, the hottest guy in school.”

Eunbi chuckled a bit. “Conceited much… Well I’m Kim Eunbi, the School Council President.”

“That was a really simple introduction.” Jonghyun pouted. “From now on, I’ll call you my babe.” he said then winked.

“Then I’ll call you Mr. Playboy.” she said playfully. Jonghyun pulled Eunbi closer so that their faces would be centimeters apart. “I want you to call me your boyfriend.” he said, smirking.

“Okay then…ask my brother first.” she answered. Jonghyun stared at her in amusement. He was leaning in for a kiss when the Principal called in.

“Now to call for the Mr. and Ms. Homecoming…Mr. Homecoming is Choi Minho and our Ms. Homecoming, Kim Eunbi. Now get up the stage.” the principal said.

Eunbi looked at Jonghyun, worried but he smiled at her and led her to where Minho is.

“Kiss! Kiss!” everyone around shouted, of course except for Jonghyun. Minho held Eunbi by the waist then kissed Eunbi, hard. Jonghyun left the hall sighing.

“Oh my, this can’t be happening. Hyung would kill me.” Taemin exclaimed, panicking. He immediately pulled his frozen cousin when she went off the stage and dragged her home.

“Noona, what are you doing? Why did you let him kiss you?” Taemin scolded.

“Believe it or not, I also don’t know.” she answered, Taemin still holding her hand.

 

Days passed, Jonghyun doesn’t even call or go to their home. He isn’t going to school either. Eunbi was avoiding Minho during History Class and she resigned as the School Council President.

“Why are you doing this?” Minho asked, cornering her.

“Jonghyun-shii…” she whispered, tears present in her eyes.

“Do you love him?”

“He…He’s my boyfriend!” she exclaimed then run away. Eunbi went to the place she and Jonghyun first met…the orphanage.

She came in to be greeted by the nuns, “It was long time not seeing you and I think you’ve been busy with President Stuffs lately.” 

“I just resigned as the School Council President.” she sighed, leaving the nuns shocked. “Sister, is Yoogeun here?” 

Again, the nuns were surprised. “You don’t know? He just adopted Yoogeun.”

“Jeongmal? When did he came here?” she asked, ecstatic.

 “Last Monday. He said you knew about that and that you wanted to adopt Yoogeun as a couple.” the nun explained.

 

Eunbi went back home and broke down crying again. Taemin had left their house since last week because his mother was looking for him. Kibum was only left to hush her. Good thing, it was summer vacation.

Two years later, Jonghyun leaving Eunbi was still the thing that stresses Kibum. He trusted the guy, he thought everything is okay after what Eunbi told him but now, he’s nowhere to be found. He felt hurt seeing her sister cry for two years. She doesn’t even felt happy when she graduated.

“Kibum-shii, do you have any problems?” Hyemin asked. She’s the boss of the restaurant Kibum is working at.

“It’s just my sister.” Kibum answered.

“Being a big brother isn’t easy, huh?” she teased. Kibum glared at her. “Here, give her this. They’re the best singers around, maybe it would comfort her.” she said as she handed out a CD with a picture of four guys, one guy was familiar…too familiar.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Last two chapters....Yehey!!!!