I didn't know Playboy is Sweet

I love you, Mr. Playboy

Jonghyun wasn’t able to sleep that night, his thoughts were filled with Eunbi and the argument he just heard. ‘Does Eunbi really think of me that way? How could he prefer Minho over me? That guy…he’s the real player and not me.’

Jonghyun could still remember when he saw Minho lip locking with the so-called Ice Princess, Krystal Jung, he had just dumped her and now she’s kissing the Basketball captain. He felt happy; another girl wouldn’t bug him again. Then that Monday came, just four days after he saw the two love birds, Krystal went to him and confessed…for the third time.

“I thought you and Minho are dating?” he asked, totally surprised.

“That guy? I saw him kissing Yuri sunbae. He’s a total jerk.” she stated. And then he really saw Minho with Yuri.

‘Damn that guy!’ he thought. ‘What does he want from Eunbi? Does he really want to collect kisses from girls?’ Jonghyun felt furious. He left the apartment, it was already 1 AM. He thought it was okay, tomorrow is Friday anyways. He drifted away going to some place.

 

Eunbi was already in dreamland when her phone rang. ‘Who would call this late?’ she looked at the cellphone screen but it’s just a number registered. Thinking that it was from the Student Council, she answered the call.

Her eyes grew wide open when he heard a guys’ voice. “Sorry for waking you up. But I want to check if you’re alright.” the guy said, shivering is present in his voice.

“Yeah, I’m fine…But who’s this?” she said, fully awake.

“Kim Jonghyun…” he said, shivering still.

“Playboy? How’d you know my…” she remembered that Jonghyun got her phone earlier. “Oh, never mind. I’m fine, thanks for caring.” Eunbi said.

There was awkward silence after she answered. “Jonghyun, are you still there?” She heard a moan. “You can put the phone down.” she said but Jonghyun answered something surprising. “I’ll wait for you to get asleep. “

 She held the phone by her ear and closed her eye but she can’t really go to sleep. “Jonghyun, are you asleep?” she whispered. “Aniyo…” before she could answer, she heard a honk on the background.  The same time, their neighbor honked his car. “Jonghyun, are you outside?” Eunbi opened her lights. “Now, I see where your room is.” he answered.

Eunbi looked at her window and saw Jonghyun outside, opposite their house. She went out with her pajama and jacket on; she also brought a jacket for Jonghyun.

“What are you doing here? It’s late at night.” Eunbi scolded, Jonghyun chuckled. “What’s so funny?”

“Aniya… It’s just that your President attitude is coming out again and we’re not even in school…” he chuckled, Eunbi stared at him. “And thanks for going out and bringing me a jacket, you shouldn’t have.” he said, sincerity present in his eyes.

“I can’t let you in the house, it’s late and my brother is sleeping…” Eunbi said, looking at her feet.

“Do you really think I’ll do something naughty to you?” Jonghyun smirked. Eunbi nod, “I just don’t want to ruin my brother’s trust and his trust on you.”

“Your brother trusts me?” Jonghyun asked, innocently.

“Surprisingly, yes!” Jonghyun blinked twice then smiled. “Well that was a step forward.” he stated leaving Eunbi blank. “I can’t stay too long, you might get sick again. Call me if you can’t sleep, I’ll return the jacket tomorrow.” Jonghyun stated, so fast that Eunbi didn’t understand anything. She didn’t know, he was really nervous, “Okay…” she just muttered.

Eunbi entered her room thinking about him. She didn’t know why but his sudden appearance by her doorstep led fluttering in her heart. “Oh no Eunbi, you’re crazy! You can’t fall for him…Ever!” she shouted.

“Thinking about Jonghyun?” her brother peeked at her door, making her jump up in surprise.

“Ohmo, you scared me.” Kibum chuckled then sat by her bed, playing her dolls. “Oppa, why are you still awake?”

“I heard someone come out the house then checked it out. I actually never thought that my sister could have a date at this time of the night.” Kibum teased.  “So do you like Jonghyun now?”

“I just think that he’s so sweet to visit me but I was also wondering why this late at night.” she stated but then shrug off. “Aish…Playboys…” she sighed.

Kibum chuckled. “Maybe he does like you…Open your eyes, will you?” He left the room, leaving Eunbi still blank.  

It had been an hour but Eunbi cannot even close her eyes, the image of Jonghyun and Minho haunted her. “Why is this so complicated?” she screamed. She sat by her table and opened her laptop, started doing the paper works she left earlier and finished them in just two hours. It was almost 3:30 AM but she really can’t sleep. She grabbed her phone then started dialing Jonghyun’s number. It kept on ringing without anyone answering. “Maybe he’s asleep.” she murmured.

Before she could hang up, a voice was heard. “Eunbi, you can’t sleep?” Jonghyun asked on the other line. His voice seemed awakened.  “Sorry…” she mumbled. “Aniya, I’m waiting for your call.” Again, awkward.

“You should go back to sleep, we have classes tomorrow.” Eunbi shot up. “I’m hanging up…”  

  “Wait! You can’t sleep, right?” Jonghyun just heard Eunbi’s moan on the other line. “I’ll sing you a song.” he said then smiled when Eunbi said sure.

‘Nan jichyoboryona bwa

Hollo namgyojin sarange

Noye binjariman

Nan jakku hemaeneun de

Jebal jom nareul bwa

Nol dalmeun nareul bwa

Naegen jongmal iron siryondeuri himdeuro, ooh~’

Eunbi just listened to him and felt her eyelids fell down. “Jonghyun…You have such great voice…” then she yawned.

“I guess my song did made you sleepy. Goodnight, Eunbi!” He knew Eunbi felt asleep but he didn’t want to let go of the phone. Soon enough, he also felt sleepy and the next thing he knew, he slept with his phone still in his ears.