They changed my life...like forever

I love you, Mr. Playboy

Kim Eunbi was the perfect example of a school council president, tennis club president and most of all, the school dream girl. Plenty of guys wanted to court her but just by the glare given to them by her brother, Kibum, they would just scram and fantasize about her. She is the only one who could make any guy work with just a simple but cute request.

“Oppa, please do this…”

“Oppa, can you do this?”

Every afternoon, she would always roam around checking for students who were staying at school. Today was not like those days, seeing a group of guys harassing a hoobae.

“Yah!” she screamed. “What are you doing? Class is over.” she lectured.  The guys looked at her with evil glares. This made her nervous.

“We’re playing president, wanna join us?” one guy said in a devilish tone. She knew this was trouble so she started to scream, “Opppaaa!” One thing that didn’t change about Eunbi is her dependency on her brother especially when guys are about to attack her.

She shut her eyes; hands on her chest expecting that any minute now, a hand would roam freely to her body.

She heard grunts and moans causing her to open her eyes, surprised to see a tall guy punching and kicking the guys who just talked rubbish at her. She saw them run and her attention drifted to the guy who just saved her.

“Are you alright?” the guy said in his cold, deep voice. She nods as an answer. “It’s time to go home, Miss President!” he said with a smile. He was about to leave when Eunbi revived her senses and thanked him. “That’s alright. I’ll get my reward next time. Take care, Miss President!” Again, she nods as an answer. After meeting this stranger, she had become speechless around him. And what would be his reward? Thinking of such things made her forget about her other obligations. “Ohmona, I’m late!” she exclaimed as she looked at her wrist watch.

 

Jonghyun, on the other hand, was playing with his cellphone the whole afternoon. He doesn’t want to study so after class, he would go straight home to sleep or play. “Jonghyun” his playing was disturbed by the landlady’s voice. “Isn’t it time for you to go to the orphanage?”

“Oh shoot!” he exclaimed, immediately put on a white shirt and run outside the house, saying his goodbye to the ahjumma. That was Jonghyun’s secret, he doesn’t have a family. His father died of a terrible disease when he was still a child and his mother left him in the orphanage. When he turned twelve, he left the orphanage and lived on his own. But he never did forget about helping the nuns who had taken care of him.

  “Jonghyun, you’re here!” one of the nuns welcomed him. “Sorry if I’m late, Sister.” he said politely. “Aiya…It’s fine. The kids missed you.” she said. Jonghyun just smiled. “Aigoo…I have a female volunteer and I know you would be a great couple.” Jonghyun smiled again then sighed. These sisters, they’re really something.

“Hyung!” one kid enthusiastically said. Jonghyun smiled and waved at him. “Yoogeun, how are you? You seemed really cheerful today.” he greeted. Yoogeun showed shyness before answering. “You know I like this noona and she’s here right now.” Jonghyun chuckled a bit. “Yah, you’re too young to fall in love.” Yoogeun gave a smile. “Come on, show me your noona.” the older guy said then held Yoogeun’s hand.

 

“Sunyoung, do you really like this bear? I’ll give this to you if you sing for unnie.” Eunbi said. After class, Eunbi would usually go to the orphanage to help the nuns in taking care of these children. She remembered it very well when her mother died of a terrible accident, her father didn’t show up to them since the accident and they were both left to their grandmother. After a few years, their grandmother died. It was pretty hard on Kibum since he doesn’t want to show his feelings to his sister. He worked hard day and night and Eunbi’s contribution was to study hard. And now, here she is, helping the children without parents like her. “Okay, let’s start! kom sema ri-ga han chi-be-yi-so appa gom omma gom ae-gi gom …”

“Hyung, that’s her!” Yoogeun pointed to Eunbi much to Jonghyun’s surprise. “President… What is she doing here?” he whispered. “hishuk hishuk cha-rhan-da!” Eunbi and Sunyoung ended the song. Jonghyun clapped that surprised Eunbi. “Playboy?” Jonghyun smirked.

“You know each other?” the Mother Superior asked. They both nod as an answer.

 

“Oh, so Eunbi is the School Council President and Jonghyun is the School Playboy?” the Mother Superior elaborated in between laughs. “I knew you’re really good for each other.” this made the two people look at each other. “What?!?” they both said in unison making the nun in front laugh at them.

 They were both seated on the bench at the orphanage’s playground asking each other their purpose of helping there. After discovering each others pasts, Eunbi felt pity on Jonghyun and understood why he kept on dumping girls. Jonghyun, on the other hand, understood why Eunbi was like that, wanting to be the School Council President but being dependent on her brother. It seemed like they had learned something deep about each other.

Jonghyun was gentleman enough to walk Eunbi home and even tell her about Yoogeun’s crush on her. Eunbi laughed upon hearing it, “Yah Kim Jonghyun do you really think I’ll entertain Yoogeun as my suitor?” she stated.  “Yoogeun seemed serious about you.” Jonghyun said in a monotone voice. “Yah! If only Yoogeun is taller and older than me, I might go out with him.” she said in between chuckles. “So…you like taller, older guys?” Jonghyun whispered to himself. “What?” “Aniya!”

 

They reached Eunbi’s house before sun down and was surprised that Kibum was looking for her. “Mianhae, I forgot to call you. “she said in a depressed tone. “Just don’t do it again.” Kibum just said then looked at Jonghyun. “Your boyfriend?” he asked. “Aniyo!” she insisted. “Jonghyun-shii, thanks for walking me home. “ Eunbi said then bowed. “That’s nothing. I’ll see you in school, Miss President.” Jonghyun said then headed home.

“Who is he really?” Kibum intrigued his younger sister, still searching for the answer. “I told you he’s just somebody from the orphanage; he’s the playboy in school. Am I clear now?” Eunbi explained for the fifth time.  “Do you like him?” Eunbi was shocked hearing this statement, the first time her brother had the interest on learning about her likes. She shook her head as an answer. “But oppa, there was a guy at school earlier…” Eunbi suddenly muttered, remembering the young guy who just saved her. “And?” Eunbi told her brother everything that happened that afternoon, surprised that her brother was focusing his full attention on her. “So you like him?” the boy asked. Eunbi stopped before answering, “I don’t know. But he seemed nice…Oppa, is it wrong?” Eunbi asked, innocently. “Aigoo, my little sister had grown up…” Kibum said while patting the young girl’s head. “Oppa, my hair…” Eunbi wailed then both laughed like little kids. “I have to meet him, okay?” Kibum sang before going to the kitchen to cook dinner.

Eunbi felt happy that night: her brother was listening to her, she became friends with the playboy Jonghyun, and most importantly, she knew she’ll be saved by her savior. Yup, that’s what she intend on calling him, ‘My Savior’.