Chapter 51

Melting A Vampire's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a few days after the incident with Hana. Well, what happened to her? Simple -- she was imprisoned by the Underworld council. And so were B.A.P... with the exception of Daehyun and Zelo.

 

As for you and the EXO members, the group of you go back to your usual lives meaning school, IU, and more school.

 

“Hey hyung, what are you gonna give Baekhyun hyung?” Sehun asks , as he takes a seat next to Chanyeol one fine and dandy day.

 

Chanyeol raises an eyebrow. “For what?”

 

“Seriously, hyung? Seriously?” Sehun can only face-palm while Chanyeol remains oblivious to what day it is. “How could you forget your best friend’s birthday!” the younger yells.

 

“Ehe. Heh. Heh.” Chanyeol breaks into a sheepish smile. “Today is Baek’s birthday...?

 

Sehun shakes his head in disappointment. “And you call yourself a best friend...” he scolds.

 

“Hey, at least I know that now!”

 

“Yeah -- After I told you! Blehh~” Sehun childishly sticks his tongue out at his hyung, running into his room before the elder can do anything to him.

 

“Aish you--” Chanyeol gets cut off by someone slinging an arm around him. He startles, thinking that it’s a snake at first as the owner of the arm wears a leather jacket.

 

“Yah! Stop popping out of nowhere!”

 

“What? You expect me to walk down from my room when I can just use my power to get here? No way, man.”  Kai states.

 

“Okay okay I get it! Aish!”

 

“So what are you gonna get him?” Kai asks after the both of them settle down.

“I don’t know.... what about you?” Chanyeol sighs.

 

Kai’s lips form a mischievous grin before he whispers something to Chanyeol. “What do you think?” Kai asks, with a smirk plastered on his face. He is very, very confident that his plan will work; he would give Baekhyun the best birthday present ever!

 

“Wow, you’re really gonna do that?”

“Yep.”

“Hmm.... what if it backfires?”

“It won’t.”

“Cocky prick...”

“What, hyung?”

“Nothing. Just... nothing~”

 

 

*What a nice day today!*  you beam. Thinking of the great day you’re having -- you got As for Science and Math; someone complimented you on your hair, etc -- you can’t help but have smile on your face as you walk home from school.

 

Since you had extra lessons today, the EXO members left before you. Passers by are giving you weird looks but you just shrug them off and continue immersed in your own thoughts.

 

As you’re walking down the street, you accidentally bump into someone, causing the books in your hands to fall and scatter on the ground. That person stumbles forward and falls on his , almost banging into a lamp post. Thankfully, he manages to dodge the lamp post with his quick reflexes.

 

*Oh shoot!* your eyes start to go round with guilt. “I am so sorry!” you walk towards him leaving your books behind. Your mouth is gaps open in shock, even more so when you hear that person speak:

 

“Well your apology is not accepted,” he says, dusting his pants before getting up, with his back facing you.

 

*What the?! I already said sorry*

 

“Yah! I already apologised and you--” your eyes become as big as D.O’s when when he turns, a smirk on a face that is all too familiar.

 

“O-oppa?! ” you blurt out still not believing the person right in front of you is the one you missed the most after your parents;  The one who is hell-bent on being overprotective when it comes to you -- your one and only brother, Lee ChangMin.

 

“Yoon Mi-ah, long time no se--” you tackle your brother in a hug, cutting him off.

 

“Yah, why didn’t you tell me that you’re back in Seoul?!” you yell, still burying your face on his chest.

 

“I wanted it to be a surprise, ” he says, running his fingers through your smooth brown hair.

 

“Aish, you know I hate surprises!” you grimace and Changmin just looks on amusedly.

 

“Too bad,” he says, and with a playful grin, he helps you pick up your books.

 

“So how’re you doing?” you ask.

 

Changmin bobs his head up and down slowly. “I’m... okay...”

 

“No wonder you don’t have a girlfriend,” you tease. “You can’t even open up to your own sister.”

 

Changmin completely ignores your statement. Instead, he decides to make the conversation focus on you. “Now that we’re on the subject,” he says. “What happened to that guy you were with the last time? I liked him -- he called the others ‘idiots~”

 

“Oppa, that’s mean!” you frown at your brother in disapproval. You know who he meant obviously-- Changmin was talking about Byun Baekhyun .

 

“So?” Changmin looks at you impatiently.

 

“W-what? well...err... I...” Finally, you sigh defeatedly, “I don’t know...”

 

“What do you mean you don’t know? “ he asks, confused at what you’re saying.

 

“Well, he confessed to me...I still haven’t returned his feelings properly.”

 

Hearing this, Changmin has the sudden urge to ship Baekhyun all the way to Antarctica, but he reminds himself that you are a big girl now, and it isn’t a crime for someone to like you. “...Why?” he asks instead.

 

You tell him everything, including the fact that Luhan confessed to you too (leaving out the part where he was a vampire arranged to marry you, of course -- your protective brother might send Luhan somewhere further than Antarctica if he ever found out).

 

“I see. But you like this Baekhyun kid, don’t you?”

 

*Kid,* you think. *Oh, oppa, if only you knew he was older than you.* Externally, you just nod and stare at your shoes like they’re the most interesting thing in the world.

 

“Well, then tell him that already!”

 

“Yeah... that’s what I was planning to do... someday,” you add quietly.  “Oh, wait! Why not today?!” you exclaim, scaring your brother a little. You suddenly remember that “Today is Baekhyun’s birthday!”  

 

“Ah, but I won’t know how to make it special though... I don’t know what to get him.” you pout.

 

“Hmm... if I were him I wouldn’t mind what you get for me -- I’d be happy as long as I got to spend today with you,”  Changmin plucks a flower off a nearby bush. He playfully kneels on his knee in front of you.

 

You make a face at him because no way are you gonna have passers by mistaken you and your brother as a couple!

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter