Chapter 50

Melting A Vampire's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Knock Knock! 

“Lu--”

“Come in YoonMi-ah” you feel relieved after hearing his voice sound normal.

You push the door open and let yourself in before shutting it closed.

“How are you? Are you feeling any better?” you asked worriedly as you check him from head to toe and surprisingly, his injuries have already been healed. What takes you aback the most is the absolute absence of scars. *Wow, Lay sure is a miracle worker.*

"I'm fine. All well now," Luhan sends you a dazzling smile, indicating that everything is alright. The smile softens and his eyes turn gentle when he continues, "Sorry for worrying you yesterday..."

“Oh, no, Luhan! It’s my fault! if it wasn’t me you wouldn't have gotten hurt and I’m so sor--” before you know it, a quick kiss lands on your lips. You shut up at once, stunned.

Your fingers move to touch your lips. Still in a state of absolute bewilderment, you look up into Luhan's eyes. He is smiling at you sweetly now, and when you come out of your trance, your face is redder than a ripened tomato.

“Yoonmi-ah, I’m okay..." Luhan says as you avert your gaze from his face. "Don’t blame everything to yourself, ne?”

You barely hear what he is saying because dread starts to settle in your stomach. *I need to tell him my decision before things get out of hand,* you think, referring to the kiss he just gave you. You take a deep breath, feeling guilty that this time, you really ARE going to hurt him.

You start playing with your fingers nervously, still avoiding his gaze. “Hmm, Luhan you know...about your confession last time..”

“What about it?” he questions; He sounds so hopeful and excited that you start cursing yourself internally. *He's been so nice to me,* you think. *I can't... I--*

“I... uhm... argh, how should I say it?!” you mumble frustratedly.

"Six words:" Luhan says, "'I don't feel the same way'. There, simple."

Hearing this, your attention immediately snaps back to his face. "What?" you ask dumbly.

“It okay. I've already figured out what your answer is. I was just trying my luck just now... with the kiss.” Luhan puts on his best smile, although his heart really is falling to pieces at the fact that you can't accept him as more than just a friend. He tried, he really did. He tried so hard to steer you towards him and away from Baekhyun. But looks like true love won out this time.

“Y-You know!?” as soon as the words leave your mouth, you feel like smacking yourself. *Damn, am I earning points for being stupid today.*

Luhan nods before he continues. "I see the way you look at Baekhyun; how you act around him. It's different than when you're with me and with the others." he says.

You keep your head hung low. You feel so bad, really. But of course, Luhan won't allow you to:

“Hey, why the long face?" he asks, giving you a nudge. You can tell that the happy look on his face is a little forced. "I'm terminating the contract between your ancestor and I; you should be happy -- you get to be with the one you love." He reaches out to push at the corners of your lips. "Smile," he says, and you make yourself do so -- it's the least you can do after all he's sacrificed for you.

"Thank you Lulu," you say. "I'm so sorry."

"Yah, you shouldn't be sorry for that, but for calling me Lulu!" he jokes and you can't help but let out a strangled snort. "We made a deal about that, remember?" he asks.

"Yeah, we did." you grin, even though your nose stinging because of unshed tears. He flicks your forehead gently, then stands up to start walking out the door.

"Luhan?" you call out again, still unsure of one thing. "You'll still talk to me right? I mean, you're not mad... are you?” you ask. You know that you're being selfish, but you just can't help it. You don't know what you would do if you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter