The Little Angel (Part 2)

Immortalized- Collection of Taeny shots
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The Little Angel (Part 2)

 

Hope is a waking dream. ~Aristotle 

 

The doorbell rang and suddenly all the noises from the surroundings dulled except for the repeated pounding of Taeyeon’s heart. Taeyeon gasped a little as nervousness hit her with full force before she caught herself.

Why was she so nervous?

Youngmi sprang up and ran to the door, fiddling with the lock as she tried to open it. Taeyeon slowly stood up and walked over, trying to prolong the period of time before she saw the person at the other side of the door. Before she reached, Youngmi succeeded in unlocking the door and it flung open to reveal a brunette. Taeyeon’s heart stopped. Tiffany grabbed her daughter and twirled her around in the air, kissing her cheeks and forehead as she rambled about how happy she was to see Youngmi.

Taeyeon could only stand there, frozen, observing the lovely contours of Tiffany’s face. Just one look at her had shattered whatever armor her heart had, and the battered heart palpitated wildly once more. The prominent eyesmile, the highly defined cheekbones, the structured nose and the plump lips, they were all the same, yet more matured. Taeyeon smiled slightly. She had gotten prettier.

“Umma, meet Taeyeon Unnie!”

“Tae-?“

Tiffany’s words died down in as their eyes locked. Taeyeon melted, unable to resist the emotion that flooded over her as she got lost in the dark brown orbs once more. She cleared awkwardly.

“Hello Tiffany.”

It pained her to call Tiffany by her real name and not the nickname she had affectionately addressed her a long time ago. She bit her lip, trying to distract herself from the pain building up inside her.

“Hey Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon scratched the back of her head as awkwardness crept back in. Her eyes trailed to the ground beside Tiffany and she realized that Tiffany had brought luggage along with her.

“Thank you for taking care of Youngmi. We’ll be going now.”

Tiffany turned around but Taeyeon caught her wrist, pulling her around to face her.

“Why do you have luggage?”

Tiffany looked away, keeping silent.

“You don’t have anywhere to stay?”

“I am going to a hotel and-“

“You can stay here.”

Tiffany looked up at the suggestion, hesitance obvious in her expression.

“It’s okay-“

“I insist.”

“But-“

“No buts.”

Tiffany sighed, knowing Taeyeon would not budge.

“Fine. But erm… Your hand…”

Taeyeon suddenly realized she was still holding on to Tiffany’s wrist and immediately let go, blushing furiously. Grabbing Tiffany’s pink luggage a tad too quickly, Taeyeon dragged it into the house, calling over her shoulder.

“Youngmi, you are going to stay here!”

Youngmi squealed in delight and rushed in, pulling Tiffany in as she led her mother to the sofa, chattering about SNSD. Taeyeon silently slunk back to lock the door before carrying the suitcase up to one of the empty guest rooms. Placing it down, she quickly inspected the room and was immensely relieved that she had kept it spick and span. She smoothened out the bed sheets a bit more. Tiffany had always loved things to be neat and clean.

A pang hit her again and pain washed over Taeyeon. She sat on the bed, one hand clutching her chest as she willed it to stop palpitating wildly in Tiffany’s presence.

She has a family now. Don’t get in the way Taeyeon.

Taeyeon suddenly realized with a jolt that Tiffany was alone. Her husband or whatever had not tagged along with her. A tiny spark of hope ignited in Taeyeon and she grinned. Her heart beat even faster to the poin

Please log in to read the full chapter