The Little Angel (Part 4)

Immortalized- Collection of Taeny shots
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The Little Angel(Part 4)

 

"Family isn't about whose blood you have. It's about who you care about." ~ Trey Parker 

 

Tiffany was unusually silent throughout the ride, her head turned to the side and scanning the fast-moving scenery which flashed past her window. Taeyeon threw a worried glace at Tiffany and reached out to pat Tiffany’s hand comfortingly.

Tiffany tore her gaze away from the window to stare at Taeyeon but the latter was focusing on the road. The gentle pressure on Tiffany’s hand made her stiffen a little more. Biting her lip, she turned back to the window only to see the golden sheen of sand glistening in the sunlight. Tiffany closed her eyes briefly as she imagined two carefree figures flitting happily about, the eye-smiling girl splashing water at the shorter one before the latter enveloped her in a hug, their laughter tinkling merrily through the air. A small smile graced her lips as she reminisced the happy days but soon died down as she recalled the other incident that had happened here. She abruptly pushed away Taeyeon’s hand as the car slowed down and quickly shook away her memories, newfound panic rising within her as she barreled out of the car.

Taeyeon cursed and with a quick flick of her wrist, turned off the engine and jumped out of the car. Breaking into a run, she locked the car doors before reaching forward to grab Tiffany, who had tripped over her own feet in her desperation. She held her close, murmuring comforts into the trembling girl’s ear.

“It’s okay… We’ll find her.”

Taeyeon hesitated, then planted a quick kiss on the crown of Tiffany’s head before releasing her. Tiffany blinked, frozen in her spot until Taeyeon tugged on her arm, gently reminding her about Youngmi. With that, the duo jogged along the beach, shouting Youngmi’s name while spinning around in hope of catching a glance of her.

Taeyeon’s heart ached as memories flooded her but she bravely tried to nurse her heart back into place. With almost all its defenses down in the presence of Tiffany, she felt bare and open to the world, as if exposing herself to hurt once again. She decided to find Youngmi as soon as possible and get out of this hellhole. Running a hand through her hair in desperation, she scanned the water’s edge, suddenly noticing a small figure frolicking about the waves.

“Youngmi!”

Taeyeon dashed over to the little girl who half turned and squealed in delight. Taeyeon’s face was black as she stormed up to the little girl, ready to reprimand her but Youngmi was seemingly oblivious, sending a splash of water towards the fuming Taeyeon. Taeyeon was soaked to the bone, her jaw dropped and her eyes wide as she stared at Youngmi in disbelief. But the dorky Taeyeon was always dorky, and she placed her hands on her hips as a light smile played across her features.

“You dare splash your Taeyeon Unnie? I’ll show you!”

She swooped downwards and scooped the screaming Youngmi up, throwing her in the air and catching her again before pretending to drop her into the water. Youngmi laughed, her eyes turned into tiny crescents as she clung to Taeyeon like a koala bear, sticking her tongue out pointedly.

Taeyeon playfully scoffed and was about to pretend to drop Youngmi again when a shout echoed through the air.

“Hwang Youngmi!”

Taeyeon spun around to see Tiffany running towards them. Suddenly embarrassed at playing with Youngmi instead of scolding her, she meekly set the girl down as Tiffany enveloped her in a hug.

“Youngmi! Don’t go running off like that! Do you know how worried Umma was..?”

Tiffany’s voice trailed off at the end, her eyes fleetingly landing on Taeyeon before staring at Youngmi with a frown on her face. Once again, the little bundle of innocence just squealed and splashed seawater at the stupefied Tiffany, before running behind Taeyeon for protection.

“Yah! Youngmi!”

Tiffany splashed in Youngmi’s direction, instead soaking Taeyeon, Youngmi’s human shield. Youngmi was squealing in delight as she danced between the two, the three of them engaging in an all-out water fight.

~

Taeyeon sighed, sitting on the sand a distance away from the sea, letting the sun dry her drenched clothes. She scrunched up her T-shirt, squeezing out the excess sea water which was soaked into it. A presence was suddenly made known beside her as Tiffany sat down with a thump, dusting herself off. The two sat quietly by the seaside, watching Youngmi jump over the incoming waves. Taeyeon laughed a little at her jubilance.

“That girl is a little fire cracker. Isn’t she tired?”

Tiffany chuckled as well, hugging her knees as the sea breeze wound around her.

“Maybe we’re just old.”

They both giggled but soon lapsed into a comfortable silence. Tiffany suddenly muttered.

“Thank you, Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon tilted her head to the side, turning to face Tiffany.

“For what?”

Tiffany just stared straight ahead, digging her toes into the sand.

“For everything.”

She gave a strained smile to Taeyeon before transferring her gaze to her knees. Taeyeon took a deep breath, curiosity eating her up on the inside. She contemplated a bit before deciding to ask the question anyway.

“Where is Youngmi’s father?”

Tiffany froze. There was a heavy silence among the two as Taeyeon frowned; worried she had chosen the wrong time to ask. Just as she w

Please log in to read the full chapter