The Little Angel (Part 1)

Immortalized- Collection of Taeny shots
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The Little Angel (Part 1)

 

 

It is impossible to see the angel unless you first have a notion of it. 
James Hillman 
 

 

The street pulsed to life with the swarm of people, each desperate to reach the comfort of their home after a tiring day. The artificial neon lights seemed out of place in the darkening atmosphere as individuals jostled their way through the packed street, clearly irritated at the lack of breathing space. Couples refused to let go of their tightly intertwined hands, frowning as people shoved their way past them.

 

The irritation seemed to spread like wildfire and soon enough everyone’s faces were black, all of them so caught up within the confines of their own mind that they were oblivious to anything else.

No one took notice of the little girl standing in the middle of the street, clutching on to a humongous teddy bear as she shivered from the cold. Strangers pushed past her and disappeared into the crowd without a shred of empathy, leaving the girl very much terrified.

Whimpering, the girl called for her parents, wrapping the thin jacket against her skin as the cold wind wrapped her in its shroud. She hugged the bear tightly in front of her as she was jostled about, her cries lost in the cacophony of noises emitting from the busy street. Little droplets of tears soon ran down her cheeks and she wailed.

Taeyeon shook her head before pushing through the crowd of nonchalant people to stand in front of the little girl. Hissing at a person who bumped into her, she stooped down in front of the girl and patted her head affectionately.

“Where are your parents?”

The little girl had buried her head into the stuff toy and she refused to look up. Taeyeon strained to hear the words choked out between sobs.

“Don’t… Know…”

“I’ll take care of you for now okay?”

Taeyeon shoved a person who had strayed too close for comfort away before swooping down to pick up the little girl. She settled the girl on her shoulder and turned around, beginning her fight to get home. To her relief, the girl had calmed down and was now staring wide-eyed at the view above people’s heads.

 

~

 

Taeyeon fumbled with her key as she unlocked the door, immediately putting the girl down as she groaned in pain, massaging her tired shoulder. The little girl wandered into her house as Taeyeon shut the door firmly. She looked up and quickly ran to stop the girl from going into the kitchen. Peeking into the kitchen, she winced at the sight of knives in reach of the girl. The girl pouted as Taeyeon set her on the sofa.

Her heart stopped.

The pout was so similar to hers.

Blinking, Taeyeon shook her head to clear the memories clouding her mind before turning back to the little girl, smiling gently.

“Do you want a drink?”

The girl timidly nodded, fiddling with her teddy bear.

“What do you want? Hot chocolate?”

At the mention of the beverage, the girl beamed, nodding her head excitedly.

Taeyeon gasped.

She had an eyesmile.

Taeyeon took a closer look at the girl, soon realizing that the soulful brown eyes and the plump cheeks were a tad too familiar. Something tugged inside her as she gazed into the inquisitive brown eyes, something she had vowed not to let herself feel again. Jerking away, Taeyeon abruptly stood up and headed to the kitchen. A small voice drifted from the living room, and Taeyeon shuddered as she heard t

Please log in to read the full chapter