Crooked

Immortalized- Collection of Taeny shots
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was hazy.

Her mind was hazy, misty, whatever, and she didn’t care at all. The beat blaring through the speakers was causing her head to pound and her body to sway as she downed another cup of alcohol. She could hardly remember why she was even here. All she knew was that she had been here for quite a while, just bobbing her head to the beat and bringing a cup to . But something was not quite right. Something was hiding in her cloudy mind and she frowned, trying to grasp the thought. She tried and tried, but the thought seemed quite intent on playing a game of hide-and-seek with her and it was almost driving her insane. It was there, just slightly beyond her reach and somehow, she knew it was important. She squeezed her eyes shut in an attempt to focus and she could feel it coming closer, tempting her. Then, the thought grazed her consciousness and it hit her with full force.

Tiffany.

A whole variety of emotions exploded within her. She grabbed her head and let out a groan as the familiar pain swept in to conquer her body and mind. Grimacing, she struggled to keep the tears from pouring out from her eyes and her battered heart from breaking once more.

Tiffany, Tiffany, Tiffany.

It was as if it were a broken tape recorder, repeating itself again and again in the depths of Taeyeon’s mind. She let out a gasp and dug her fingernails into her scalp to try and relieve her internal torture, but of course, it didn’t work.

Alcohol. More alcohol.

A little part of her whispered amongst the never ending chorus of Tiffany and she went along with it, raising her hand and snapping at the bartender for another drink. The bartender looked a little intimidated, but Taeyeon couldn’t care less. All she knew was that she was crumbling inside and she needed something to save her. The drink was served and she gulped it down, sighing in relief as she felt the burning taste slide down and into her belly. She felt warm, as if there was someone hugging her from behind. Her world started becoming hazy again and she welcomed the little comfort for the torturous pain.

Taeyeon suddenly became aware of a little buzzing in her pocket. Blinking drunkenly, she shoved her hand in and pulled her hand phone out. She squinted at the screen for a while before giving up on recognizing the characters and just answered the call.

“Helloooooo?” Taeyeon drawled, her voice raising a pitch higher at the end as she giggled.

“Taeng? Are you drinking?” The voice sounded so familiar to Taeyeon that she decided to waste some energy to figure out who the caller was.

“Oh Sunnnyy! Soonkyu-ah!” Taeyeon snapped her fingers and doubled over, still giggling. She slumped slightly over the bar and picked up her glass and examined it as if it were the most fascinating thing in the world.

“Oh my god… Kim Taeyeon! Where the hell are you?” Sunny’s voice exploded in Taeyeon’s ear and Taeyeon snapped out of her trance. Letting out a huge yawn, she half-heartedly scanned through the noisy bar.

“It’s noisy here, Soonkyu!”Taeyeon shouted into the phone before letting a laugh rip through her.

Sunny kept talking but Taeyeon wasn’t listening

Please log in to read the full chapter